What are some of your likes and dislikes about alien resurrection?

XenoPred321, Human, 11 years ago

I disliked the whole bipedal walk where they just looked like alien/dinosaurs I liked it better when they would mostly crawl with barely the occasional walk

-Bloo-, Human, 11 years ago

I don't know, I like when they're standing upright. Not specifically in this movie (though I like the idea of seeing Resurrection's Xenos as demons; freaks even among their own kind) either, because the one in the first Alien film would stand on two legs while slowly creeping up on someone. This was (and is) incredibly horrifying because it would do this even when the person clearly saw it coming, meaning it knew its prey couldn't do anything to stop it.

I'm specifically thinking of the scene where it basically fondles and rapes Lambert, albeit (sort of) off-screen.

Come to think of it, I think the scariest scenes in the movies involve the Xeno standing only on its legs, such as the scene when a Warrior kidnaps Newt or when the Giger Drone kills Lambert. Coincidentally, the only time they're ever quadruped is when they're in groups getting murdered by things that violently explode/shoot at them (Scar's plasma caster, mini-guns, the entire goddamn Sulaco...) and it makes them seem pathetic, honestly.

The only exception to this is the Dogalien (To be fair, though, no one had a gun or an exploding ship) and probably Grid - I don't remember how he dies on-screen, if at all.

ya grid dies remeber hes right outside the pyramid when it explodes

Ravagers, Human, 11 years ago

Something that I didn't like, was the look of the hybrid alien thing, whatever they called it, it looked retarded.

tawganator, Human, 11 years ago

It is called the Newborn and it was actually quite different to what was originally planned.

what I find creepy is when the newborn tries to kill everyone it sees except
the clone ripley well actually it just kind of stares at Carl it didint really attack her but it roared at her alot

DarkLioness, Human, 11 years ago

Eh the Newborn. Wasn't really scary wasn't really all that great to be honest. Although killing the Queen was something unexpected.

Ravagers, Human, 11 years ago

Indeed

tawganator, Human, 11 years ago

Stolen straight from the avp wiki site thing. Damn Internet:

The Newborn creature was originally scripted by Joss Whedon as being an eyeless, ivory-white quadruped with red veins running along the sides of its head. It had an inner jaw, with the addition of a pair of pincers on the sides of its head. These pincers would have been used to immobilise its prey as it drained it of blood through the inner jaw. The creature was also meant to rival the Queen in size. Jean-Pierre Jeunet later asked ADI to lean towards making the human-Alien hybrid, known as the Newborn, more human than Alien. The Newborn's eyes and nose were added to improve its expressions to make it a character, rather than just a "killing machine", and give it depth as a character. Jeunet was adamant about the Newborn having genitalia, a mix of both sexes. However, Fox was uncomfortable and even Jeunet felt "even for a Frenchman, it's too much." The genitalia were digitally removed in post-production. The Newborn animatronic required nine puppeteers and was the most complex animatronic in the film.