Xenomorph Hive Simulator

Kurai, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

I'm so surprised this has never been done before, the internet is flooded with Zombie simulators and the such but there is hardly any love for the xenomorph. :'(
So I decided, "Heck! Why don't I do it?" So I did... It isn't very advanced yet, Queen lays eggs that hatch into facehuggers that latch onto humans which turn into drones which drag more people back to spread the hive.

Things I'm working on however are many different variants of xenomorph plus many different environments. I'm also pretty much on my way to adding Predators (probably be in the next release).

My ideas for environments include:
Desert world
Colony
Jungle world
Predator ruins
Human Metropolis

If anyone has any suggestions or if anyone is willing to hep with graphics and such I'd love to hear your advice and receive your input.

GMCommunity link: http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=543586

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?mjcj8zf7ctsfdmc

XenoPred321, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

dude thats really cool ill have to check it out

Thanks! ^_^
Looking through all the new creatures added to the mythos in Prometheus and am wondering if I should add them... Don't think they're part of the hive though, maybe something that spawns near Engineer ruins or something when I get that far.

Let me know what you think. :)

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Looks pretty cool from the screenshot, but I'll have to play it to see. Any place I can do so online that doesn't require a download? Newgrounds or something?

Unfortunatly not, its made with Gamemaker 8.0 and I haven't quite figured out how to upload it as an internet game yet. (My pc with Gamemaker on isn't the one which I upload with.) >_

i just watched it it was really cool it took me awhile to see the difference between warriors and drones if anything make sure that you also get the other types of alien in it

So far I've done the sprites for Runners, Praetorians, Drone Predaliens and Warrior Predaliens, Spitter Aliens and the Royal Facehugger. Just gotta add them in.

oh cool tell me when you do id really like to see them

Also, any suggestions on "purebreed" Aliens? I want to add the Ravager and the carrier in eventually but one thing that I've always wondered was if there was a breeder Alien...

An Alien Hive will basically eventually collapse as soon as a source of hosts is used up. Many ants farm other insects, and indeed other ants, for the prolonged life of a colony and I was wondering if the xenos would do something similar if the source of hosts began to wane. The xenos are a species devoted to reproduction in the first place so it isn't too far off the beaten track to imagine such a thing, even if it is rather disturbing. :/

badapple24, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Epic, I was looking for a game like this you'll see me playing it definitaly

Epic, I was looking for a game like this you'll see me playing it definitaly

Xenomorph1212, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Will the game ever be able to play without downloading it?

I don't believe so... Not until it's complete and I get a chance to bring my home PC to work at least. :(

Can you control the aliens because i downloaded the game and it doesn't work mainly because i think it's the room speed i don't know how to change it

You don't control the Aliens, tis just a simulator. To speed the room up you can press the up key and to slow it down just press the down key. The "p" key resets the room speed and the "r" key I won't reveal yet, best to do it when there are quite a few xenos. :P

Kay thanks otherwise AMAZING game i love it

Thanks! I might implement an AvP: Extinction style control scheme later on but for now it's just a sim. :)

No problem you need to let me know when the second one comes out

Xenoguy123, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Dude.............The download doesn't work, when i click it here's what it says on the screen "The file you requested has been removed from MediaFire for a violation of our Terms of Service." please make a new download link. Please? Pretty Please? Pretty Please With A Xeno On Top?

concretehunter, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Ok everyone i can't right now, But don't download this.

I find it awful suspicious that a guy called XenoPred321 and Xenoguy123m who ive NEVER seen before are posting a random download link.

I would highly recommend running a virus scan.

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

So uh... are you being funny, or are you on crack, because not only have neither of those people posted any links, but their posts are two years apart.