why don't people just cover their mouths or put face masks on to protect themselves from face huggers

XenoPred321, Human, 11 years ago

I don't get it why not just put on a mask???????

Ravagers, Human, 11 years ago

Didn't you ever see the first movie the guy had a helmet on and the facehugger still got through.

well no i mean like something to cover their mouths the dudes helmet was glass or something what I mean is something that covers their mouth and nose

killswitch, Human, 11 years ago

Watch the face hugger trying to attach itself to Ripley in Aliens (in the room with Newt). Afterwards when Hicks is seeing to her she is rubbing her neck and chocking. The tail is rapped around the victims neck. Firstly chocking someone creates a gagging reflex which usually opens the mouth, second by momentarily cutting off the air supply the victim is likely to eventually open the mouth out of necessity in search of oxygen.

huh ok so ether way mask or not you still going to end up with a chest burster inside you

Deathdrop, Human, 11 years ago

^ Pretty much, yeah. I mean, even if there was a way to protect your face with a mask, it's not like the people in the movies knew they were going to run into a facefucking abomination.

who knows maybe they like taking it in the mouth XD

DarkLioness, Human, 11 years ago

@Deathdrop

I was gonna say facehumping but I still get the point.

Although I would like to point this out: why don't the just their head into a empty corner or cover their mouth with their hands? Just sayin'.

Because it wouldn't matter. Assuming you could even react fast enough (which you couldn't, but nevermind), the tail would still wrap around your throat and squeeze until your mouth is forced open. You either suffocate or get a face-full of alien wang.

If you try to cut it off, you get acid all over everything. If you somehow remove it through some other means (as a few of the colonists apparently did in Aliens) the host is killed.

No version of getting facehugged ends with survival.

PREDATORv2, Human, 11 years ago

"No version of getting Facehugged ends with survival."

Wrong, tell the filthy bugger to use a damn condom.

^ lmao rofl wait why not just clamp your teeth shut or just vomit?

The tail chokes you, thus forcing your mouth open. If you vomit, you'll be choking to death on it, because that thing IS NOT coming off. Period. It's not an effective monster if there are easy ways to prevent it killing you.

Again, I'm going to come back to narrative convenience: A facehugger has to be a death sentence. The second it isn't, the movie stops being scary. If clamping your teeth together worked, Kane would have done it, the Alien never would have been born, and the movie would have ended right there.

There's a reason 90% of the facehugger-related dialog in these movies consists of some variation of "Dude, we seriously can't get this off."

oh ok and this is off topic but Predatorv2 could you please make me a sig of a xenomorph with XenoPred the wanderer in the picture.

^ Dude, we have a sig request topic. Ask there.

PREDATORv2, Human, 11 years ago

Listen to that guy, what a shameful misplaced request. Lol.

tawganator, Human, 11 years ago

"face-full of alien wang" You just made my day

-Bloo-, Human, 11 years ago

I remember seeing the phrase "face full of alien wing-wong" somewhere at aLp, and that was the highlight of my day.

Xenotor, Human, 11 years ago

PREDATORv2:Wrong, tell the filthy bugger to use a damn condom.

To funny but what the heck Facehuggers want head aliens want to get sucked and queens want to get layed.

... What?

DarkLioness, Human, 11 years ago

Oh god that guy's comment made me think about a Rule 34 Picture I saw on Google image. I'm still trying to get over that.

alienxeno, Human, 11 years ago

look guys marines cant stop the facehugger if its on their face....but predators are strong enough to rip it of their face.in the game avp 3 if a facehugger is on your(predators) face it starts takeing it of (if you have enough health else your screwed) .its like nothing happend.the alien is always forcing a pred to get it on the face.and now you know why predaliens are uniqe