Can Yautja cloak without their masks?

concretehunter, Yautja, 11 years ago

Simple question

supersonicman96, Yautja, 11 years ago

Thats actually a good question. I've never seen a predator do that before, mainly because when a predator takes his mask off, a big fights gonna happen. To be honest, I don't think that they can.

alienxeno, Yautja, 11 years ago

they can do that.the cloak is not in contact with the mask.if they pull of their mask there is gonna be a honnorable fight so they wont cloak but they can if they want to.

XenoPred321, Yautja, 11 years ago

I thought that the cloak was activated by the predator's wrist device(sorry don't know proper name for it) it seems like most things the predator uses are controlled by the wrist device

Deathdrop, Yautja, 11 years ago

I'm not sure why the mask would have anything to do with it when the rest of their flesh goes invisible with the tech.

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 11 years ago

I'm thinking they can. The devise that controls the cloak is on the wrist computer and I'm almost positive that the power source is on the back next to the plasma cannon. So as long as the power source and control computer are working they should be able to cloak without the mask.

Ravagers, Yautja, 11 years ago

In Predator concrete jungle on the first level, Scarface turned invisible without his mask.

supersonicman96, Yautja, 11 years ago

Well to answer the question of why their skin turns invisable, I think its that wire stuff on them, it doesn't look like good armor so thats what I assume

But then why would their feet (which are uncovered) turn invisible?

Now that you mention the net-thingy, though, supposedly that's a temperature control thing.

also stage 1 of predator cj

scarface is able to cloak but does not have his mask on

but in predators a predator got free an put on his mask.

when he put on his mask the armblades and selfdistruct devise and cloaking devise turned on at the same time. so maybe in predator cj you can because it is a game.......................

ThePredator13, Yautja, 11 years ago

honestly i think they can do it without the mask because in the avp3 games it shows you hitting a button on your gauntlet, which allows them to cloak and the mask is like a the sparten helmets in halo, because as proven in halo reach, sparten armor works without the helmet so i'm thinking the predator armor works the same

-Bloo-, Yautja, 11 years ago

To be fair, that's probably a given; if your armor can't function without its helmet, what the hell are you doing with your life?

Good point. I mean, if they can fit a nuclear weapon into a little device on their wrists, surely they can fix the cloaking-without-a-mask problem.

And yet, they can't seem to figure out water-proofing...

You'd also think they'd keep their goddamn eyes from glowing brightly while cloaked. That shit's probably not safe if you want to stay invisible.

I dunno, I wouldn't put it past them to build a "creep your enemies out" feature into the mask just for shits and giggles.

they do that to test your fear.they controll the eyes you know.

I imagine it's more like a hunting boner. You know, they get so excited about finding prey that their faces start glowing, literally.

i dont think so.....

OTANG, Yautja, 11 years ago

Yes, In Predator 2, at least 2 hunters de-cloak without their mask on then cloak again without it.

Yeah, you would know all about de-cloaking and coming out of nowhere, masked or otherwise.

Nice to see you post once in a while, Otang.

Edit: I made you sound like a child molester. ...Nice.