Damage Control *SPOILERS*

Praetorian, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Lets forget the pot holes, lets just try and theorize what's the greater meaning of Prometheus.

My first theory:

1. In the Engineer military base something went wrong with their experiments and the surviving Engineers are put on stasis or abandon the base.

2. Engineer safety protocols are automatically implemented to show holograms of what went wrong to any Engineers (compatible DNA beeings) that enter the base in the future.

3. A Rogue Engineer heads to Earth and sacrifices himself to give us his advanced DNA (Prometheus gives us fire).

4 (hypothesis a). He also tells ancient Human civilizations the location of their species military base knowing they would be willing to destroy his work on earth. To give us some military advantage!
4 (hypothesis b). Humans influenced by Engineer DNA are compelled to make those drawings.

6. When the military base systems are reactivated by David the system traces back to Earth the voyage of the Rogue Engineer.

5. When one Engineer is awaken he tries to correct the work the Rogue Engineer did on Earth (kill Humanity).

6. He might be exceptionally infuriated because he knew the problems on the base were caused by the Rogue Engineer (sabotage).

Well the grand message in this case is:
Humanity is just an unauthorized personal project and as such needs to be exterminated.

jaguargod, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

That is actually quite feasible. I hadn't considered it from that angle before.

daveberg, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

My thoughts exactly.

I personally didn't see many plot holes. I think the film worked in terms of it didn't spoon feed thr audience with concrete answers and left us with room for speculation, which in turn will keep people talking about Prometheus for a long time.

PREDATORv2, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

After reading what you have here P, and what Deathdrop linked me to.

The Link:

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=44108.0

I agree with P a lot more on this. I would like humanity to be an insignificant byproduct of a rogue engineer's unauthorized experiment.

Excellent analysis on that link Pv2.

After reading it I do feel a bit stupid not seeing the (possible) big picture of Prometheus.

In fact it does make Prometheus a prequel to Alien seeing all the events in the movie lead to a worst case scenario culminating in the creation of the Xenomorph, the personification of Human corruption.

In one sentence the Xenomorph is the product of Human corruption.

I still stick to my guns on this one. Maybe the movie really is that deep as is the technology of the jockeys. You actually have to be of pure body and mind to even weld the technology in the intended fashion. I'd rather it be a lesson that no matter how advanced you are, when you start messing with advanced biological weapons like that things go wrong. It seems that everybody concludes the outbreak and death of all those engineers was caused by us in someway, maybe it was just carelessness. Carelessness and the discovery of something so powerful even the engineers couldn't control it.

The outbreak happened 2000 years ago, so it would be impossible for Humans to have had anything to do with it.

There are though, by the dates used, religious undertones to the film, very subtle, but people are mumbling over the net about a certain Jesus character performing miracles and being worshipped some 2000 years ago. Could Jesus have been one of the Engineers......?

I'm most definitely not a fan of that theory, but it is doing the rounds on the world wide web right now...

I actually prefer my simplistic interpretation than the more metaphysical analysis on that link.

But I think the "Religious" theory is what the director had in mind.

"But I think the "Religious" theory is what the director had in mind."

Unfortunately, it seems so. Its just damn nonsense though, that is why alien was so great, it wasn't all about us and how we tied into every damn thing. We were just the dumb asses that were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Anyways. Now we just need to figure out, and I know this is a major topic on Daveberg's mind right now, how Predators tie into that whole situation lol, j/k. They must have flown Jesus to earth or something.

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

^ I don't think it necessarily implies we're hot shit. After all, the Engineers have done this on hundreds of worlds.

jaguargod, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

For either of the series to continue to be taken seriously, I think they need to also be kept separate. I just don't think there is anyway to bring the two universes together with any kind of integrity. That doesn't mean that there couldn't be some sort of reference to the history between the species.

I would turn my back on the entire franchise if they decided to mesh predators in with Prometheus.

Just leave it alone, damn it!

Predators in Prometheus Universe would be just silly.

@PredatorV2: But how does Skynet fit into all of this?! Cud the Jockies have enjineered teh terminaters?!?!1111!

HEY DAMNIT! Your all joking around, but lets get serious here!

All I'm suggesting is maybe we had a cloaked predator ship watching the Prometheus fool around on that planet, and maybe they followed Shaw back to the jockey home world....and maybe they chewed a little bubble gum and kicked a little ass!!! FTW!!! Woo! Hoo!!!

Chaps, please...

A little vomit came out.

Awww...don't give me that look Daveberg! lol

Sick bag.....QUICK!

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

My thoughts exactly.

I mean, it's clear that a Predator reversed engineered a T-1000 from Jock tech and sold it to the humans for a hefty sum. Please, it's elementary.

Also, Skynet, Halo, Predalien Queen, Ripley-8, etc.

^ I always thought Alien vs. Predator vs. Terminator was hilarious because of (among many, many other reasons) the existence of androids. You'd think a civilization that survived a war against killer robots disguised as humans would be a little more cautious about creating killer robots disguised as humans.

Peterson, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

nonsense, dont worry im sure that soon we shall all have jedi night xenomorphs right how else could george lucas come up with half the crazy ass races in the saga? think, Darth Yuatja the one Vader never knew about lol