Prometheus new creature name? *SPOILERS*

bug-hunt, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

*SPOILER*

Ok at the end of the film we see the birth of a xenomorph traditional in some sense but not as we have seen in the past so what do we call this new bread of alien?

daveberg, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Definitely not traditional - no dorsal spines, no tail, and some crazy weird blade shaped head (At the back end) with an odd second jaw protrusion.

I'm just going with either the 'jockey burster' or 'proto xeno'

ash, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

I feel as though it was purposely showing the difference of the inner jaw as a teaser for saying there is going to be a reason for the inner jaw to develop. I need to watch the film again as there was so much going on.

bug-hunt, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

You me and about any alien fan out there got to be seen again this time in slow motion.

"Excuse me sir, err, a what?"

PrometheusXeno.jpg

I'm still going with 'Jockey burster'

Further to discussion - Seems a similar scenario to Alien 3 here, where the creature births from its host at a larger size than normal. The first shot (As in the picture above) where the creature tears through the engineer, makes it appear huge, though once removed from the body, it looks relatively small in the fetas position. A little continuity slip up probably, but hey, no film is perfect.

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

I've been thinking of it as the "Protomorph," but that's me.

On a related note, are we abandoning the term "Space Jockey?"

Noooooo. Just including Engineer to the mix a little more I guess.

Protomorph is pretty catchy, I like it.

Dave you have posted these photo's a few times, I don't get what they are? They related to Prometheus?

jaguargod, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

If you are referring to the creature with the fin or spike shaped head, then yes, it is related to Prometheus.

Ash - these are concept sketches of the final scene from Prometheus. Surely you would know that mate? The pictures are almost identical to the ending of the film!

;o)

Yeah I got that but wondered why you had so many of these ha. Plus there is no sign of this "thing" that came out of the Jockey with this new Alien.

I've got tons of these images. Someone scanned a new Prometheus art work book and uploaded it over at AVP galaxy.

I think the thing you are referring to was just part of the Engineer entrails/internal organs. But as always, it's down to personal interpretation.

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

^ I thought for a second it might be an eggsack, setting up for the "Empress," but I'm glad to see they went with something different.

EDIT: Also, glad to see "Space Jockey" hasn't gone out of the rotation just yet.

Well I shall be watching it again anyways, and yes I will always use the term Jockey. Makes me feel like a true fan before this "Engineer" term came in -.-

Reason I say nay to the egg sack theory is simply because Ridley Scott always showed his annoyance over the Queen Alien. He thought it was a bastardization of his idea of the Alien life cycle, which didn't involve a queen at all.

(See Alien, Directors cut)

That said, that leads to the question, where did all the eggs come from in the/under the Derelict? Created again by the Engineers/Jockeys? Or by other means....?

FireHunter, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

A hypothesis I came up with shortly after seeing Prometheus was that the black fluid running down the sides of the canisters grew into the outer shell of the eggs, which now encased the canister within the egg, the canister was broken down and forced out of the egg as a powder, and the facehugger grew inside from the remnants of the black fluid.

That's a pretty whacky hypothesis but think about it, would it make sense? Given the nature of the aliens (A lot of acid involved) the eggs may well be filled with acid, which would also explain how the facehugger got through the helmet (Facehugger dripping with acid, burned a hole in the helmet).

Think about that.

PREDATORv2, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Lets say Shaw and the android actually make it to the Jockey home world and the Jockeys don't welcome them with open arms. Killing them or whatever, point is Jockeys come back to the planet, find that protoalien creature among other things, discover the humans are a real threat to them and using the protoalien start manufacturing the aliens we know and love today, presumably making the facehuggers and so on. Then something goes wrong as it usually does with newly designed bio weapons, and in transit for earth the jockey ship crashes on Lv-426 and that sets the scene for alien.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

So finally saw it literally just half an hour ago. First of all, wow. Big thanks to the originator - Ridley Scott did a wonderful job. Definitely gonna buy that one on Blu-ray as soon as it comes out.

Second, I still don't know why Scott disliked the canon life-cycle as it is. I love how the Protomorph was birthed at the end - I like to think of it as the first Queen. It certainly would fit without much complaint, anyway.

Now, I was hyped up to see the Jockey/Engineer actually get back up onto the seat and then have the thing climb out of him at that instance to fit perfectly with the beginning of Alien, but that's my inner fanboy preaching.

tawganator, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Dammit! I accidentally clicked on this and read without thinking. I still have a week and a bit until I actually get to watch the movie :'(

DarkLioness, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

@PREDATORv2

Hmmm I could see that happening.

Despite what Mr.Scott says I like the Alien Queen. In Alien we knew the Drone or Warrior was scary and then in Aliens they show this big huge creature that is the Mother aka The Leader of the Xenomorphs. But hey, everyone has an opinion just voicing mine.