Space Jockey Homeworld....

Dark, Yautja, 11 years ago

Does anyone think that Xenomorph Prime used to be a Space Jockey homeworld/colony?

supersonicman96, Yautja, 11 years ago

Yes, I do think that.

Dark, Yautja, 11 years ago

wonder what a space jockey xenomorph looks like

daveberg, Yautja, 11 years ago

Pretty similar to the original 1978 Alien, seeings as the jockey exoskeleton is almost identical to that of the xenomorph itself.

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 11 years ago

I dunno if these has already been discussed, but is the planet in Prometheus the origin of the jockey race, a home world of some sorts? Lol, shouldn't even ask because I'm thinking the film would take care of answering that question.

daveberg, Yautja, 11 years ago

No. It's not the home world. Just a 'base' of operations.

ash, Yautja, 11 years ago

We will find out in Prometheus 2 ;) But saying this humans came from Space Jockey's and Xeno's came from both human and Space Jockeys. God truly kicked both races in the teeth with the Xeno's lol.

bug-hunt, Yautja, 11 years ago

Thats what happens when you mess with genetics and nature, theres only one god and its not us nor was it the space jockeys,

killswitch, Yautja, 11 years ago

Interesting that the star map/invitation very specifically invites us to a planet were the space jockey test their weapons of mass destruction. Not surprising that Shaw felt a little peeved at this. I think we should put up star maps all over the galaxy with exact co-ordinates to Russia, Pripyat, Chernobyl nuclear plant, that should highlight our warmn intentions towards our visitors. :)

Rogue_legionaire, Yautja, 11 years ago

does anyone think the fact that when david spoke to the space jockey he saw it as an insult to life? because he didnt seem to react till he started talking eg: davids an android = humans overstepping there power?
causing the space jockey to think of destroying earth before they get too bold?

just a theory, any thoughts...?

-Bloo-, Yautja, 11 years ago

^I was thinking that was the case, or something along the lines of that. I mean, how would we react if our own clones/androids wanted to make copies?

arnold-schwarzenegger-terminator-photo.jpg
conan_288x288.jpg

Linktrix291, Yautja, 11 years ago

"causing the space jockey to think of destroying earth before they get too bold?"

i thought it was already stated that the engineers were already going to destroy humans anyway, but then something went wrong with the xenomorphs.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 11 years ago

^ That was the impression I got. How funny would it be if a Xeno outbreak ended up saving the human race?

One scary thought could be that the Protomorph at the end of Prometheus was something that already came about during the first outbreak, and that it got further mutated by the black liquid to become... something else.

Thought it really doesn't matter anyway, seeing as whatever killed them off did the job.

To get back to the subject of the Jockey home-world, I'd like to see them go all out with the Giger influence, making it as different as possible from the bustling city-wide spaceports so often seen in Star Wars/Star Trek/etc. and go for something that looks like the abode of incomprehensible alien Gods.

It'd hate to see another galactic utopia of some sort, it's much too predictable.

A total shit hole - by alien standards - would be something to behold. I think a slightly polished up version of the preview we saw in Prometheus influenced by Giger would be the best bet.

I still don't want something too human though. A colony is predictable. I don't want to see Jockey families having the alien equivalent of a post-sermon barbecue. Accomplishing this is a hard thing to do, though - to create something the human mind wouldn't/couldn't comprehend while doing the creating with a human mind.

^ Agreed. I would almost go with something... quieter, I guess? The whole planet doesn't need to be covered in cities; a lot of it can be just wilderness.

It should put you on an Alien world the same way Avatar did. Actually, the way Avatar didn't. No green, brown or blue anywhere. Make it so that the audience is never sure what they're looking at.

Was that thing that just rolled by an animal or a machine? Is that structure over there a building, or part of the landscape, or something else? Why does the air taste funny? Are those patterns natural formations or carvings? Why is the homeworld of a technologically advanced species so damned quiet and empty?

That kind of shit.

I love that. That's probably exactly the way I'd want to be introduced to something so mysterious. Honestly, I thought that's what they were gonna do with the Predator home world - aimed too high, which is a shame.

https://giger.com/imagepreview.php?s=%2Fgallery%2Flitho-taurus-full-big.jpg&a=Taurus+zodiac+lithograph+by+H.R.+Giger&w=950&h=666

^ I'd particularly like to see this guy make an appearance.

The only way I could imagine that thing moving is like a zombie nurse.

Though that being the race that killed off the Engineers would be some twist.

Prometheus 2: Distracted by the Sexy!

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 11 years ago

Lol. If Ridley is smart for the sequel he'll just lock Giger in a design room for a year and you've got yourself one crazy ass movie.