What I think they did wrong with the AVP movies..

God_of_Plotz13, Undefined, 11 years ago

Well, first they messed up, hmm everything.

Whoever the hell directed the film did a terrible job, it's a god damn Alien Vs Predator movie, why was it PG-13 in the first place, this movie should have had bad ass fight scenes that left people cut in half or left with grotesque acidic burns. I was very disappointed that it wasn't in space as well, or on the planet that the humans first discovered the Xenomorphs. The predators were terrible too, I mean their supposed to be stalkers not frontline fighters. The cast was nobody I would ever use in a freaking movie. They could've used a director that was not known well and he/she would've felt the pressure and it would've come out being one of the greatest movies. The cast was just terrible. I hated it. If they make another they need people that are going to give their roles everything they have. And it had better be in fucking space with badass colonial marines, and a really good believable flawless story.. Get it done, and make us proud to be fans of the Alien/Predator franchises..

jaguargod, Undefined, 11 years ago

I don't defend Paul Anderson very often, but from what I heard, it was not his decision to make it PG-13. The studio twisted his arm. He directed the Resident Evil movies, and they are pretty gory. Unfortunately, he only knows how to film a movie from the RE perspective. All of the decisions that were his to make were terrible. The movie sucked from start to finish. It was on TV today, and I couldn't even make it through to the end. I think you can take it to the bank that there won't be another one. It just isn't a concept that lends itself very well to film adaptation. On just about every "versus" movie, they don't want to make one side come out over the other. There needs to be a clear victor, but no one wants to do that.

Deathdrop, Undefined, 11 years ago

OK, let's get something straight once and for all: AvP could have been the most violent film in either series, and it still would have sucked. The lack of gore, swearing, or tits was not the issue; the atrocious script was.

Incidentally, AvP HAS an R-rated cut, and believe me, it's just as bad as the theatrical version.

Everything else I agree with.

xeno_slayer, Undefined, 11 years ago

AVP gets so much hate haha.

I absolutely love every movie in the franchise. They do everything I want them to. They keep me entertained from start to finish. I watch monster movies because I want to see monsters fighting, stupid shit exploding and hilarious one liners I can quote for years with my friends. If you want top notch acting you're looking in the wrong place. Go watch a bunch of oscar winning dramas or something. If you want a monster movie, watch the monster movie, take it for what it is, and enjoy the hell out of it.

The original Predator movie had the fighting, the explosions, plenty of action, some humor, and it had top notch acting. You don't have to sacrifice one for the other. It's just that most studios these days are lazy, and the directors for the two AvP movies were not qualified to make the movies the way that fans were anticpating.

Dark, Undefined, 11 years ago

In my opinion, the AVP was better than requiem both still sucked but what sucked is that they focus more on the humans which is kinda boring, I like to watch alien vs predator fights why is it called alien vs predator if it focuses on what the humans do more?

"If you want top notch acting you're looking in the wrong place."

No, I'm not. Alien had fantastic acting. Aliens and Alien 3 were also well acted. Predator was a popcorn movie, but still ultimately better acted than AvPR.

"If you want a monster movie, watch the monster movie, take it for what it is, and enjoy the hell out of it."

I'm so tired of this argument. I AM taking them for what they are. Alien is a GOOD monster movie, and AvP is a BAD monster movie. The genre does not somehow excuse the movie being a piece of shit, especially when tickets are 7 bucks a pop.

I'm giving these people money. For that money, I expect a decent movie, not garbage like AVPR.

xeno_slayer, Undefined, 11 years ago

@deathdrop

I understand that Alien is a "better" movie. Believe me. If you're talking about acting and script and plot and all that stuff that makes a movie "good" theres no comparison and I agree with you about that.

I still enjoyed the newer movies though, for different reasons I guess but I do not feel robbed by the studios.

I can accept a bad movie for what it is when I am watching a SyFy original movie, not in the theater where it costs almost $20 for one ticket, drink and snack. If it is a substandard movie, they shouldn't be charging the same premium ticket price.

@Xeno_Slayer: Fair enough.