predator vision modes

Dark, Yautja, 12 years ago

How many vision modes do predators have and can predators ever see normally through their masks eg. not stuck on heat vision but able too see like us.

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 12 years ago

Who knows on the first part of your question. In predator2 it seemed like the mask was equipped with many different vision modes depending on the environment. The first movie clues us in that after removing the mask, a predator's 'default' vision is basically what we would compare to thermal. The rest of the movies involving predators don't really give much more information, and I haven't read enough of the comics to see if they tell anymore about it.

Dark, Yautja, 12 years ago

true but the predator in AVP3(its a game not a movie) seemed to be able to see normally as we do when no vision modes are equipped could this be for gameplay reasons are is it a kind of vision mode?

Deathdrop, Yautja, 12 years ago

^ Because they're not going to have the player run around unable to see anything but red when the mask is off.

Waralien, Yautja, 12 years ago

Well going off the second AVP movie, Preds are equipped with, what could be called an enhanced thermal vision and a sort of "Xeno" vision. I say enhanced because the non-mask vision is thermal, this enhanced version provided by the mask, allows the Pred to distinguish objects easier that without the mask. As for the "Xeno" vision, it allows the Pred to see Xeno's since they cannot produce heat signatures. I call it Xeno vision just because I'm not sure of the technical term for the Xeno's biology. It might be more akin to an electrical signature. There's also a tracker vision shown when Wolf inserted the Facehugger containment liquid into his wristcomp.

I could be wrong on all these aspects. Im sure older members would be able to shed light on these ideas.

ShadowScale, Yautja, 12 years ago

i agree with war and predatorv2