What was your reaction to the Alien.

supersonicman96, Yautja, 11 years ago

Just tell me what your first thought was when you saw the xenomorph.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 11 years ago

Oh, I don't remember, I was about 5. I was watching with one eye from under the sheets as my dad watched it on TV. I can't remember my reaction at all, but I didn't remember them from a bit of a movie seen while I was half asleep and could not concentrate on subtitles. They stuck with me after playing a NES game about Aliens where before every level there would be a screen showing an animation of an Alien with saliva dripping from its mouth. I don't remember it exactly.

daveberg, Yautja, 11 years ago

Dread. The slow, creeping fear that came with the film added to the moments when the alien pesented itself. I remember being totally immersed in the moment and thinking 'what if that was me?' (Instead of Brett etc)

Mebber, Yautja, 11 years ago

I really can't remember, i was too young. I even don't know how i saw the first alien movie for the first time, i just remember how i hid in our junk room to secretly watch the second movie.

Actually, sometimes i wish for some sort of memory wipe-out device like in MIB. It would allow me to see some of the greatest movies for the first time again, jeez that would be cool.

DrDiabloSatan, Yautja, 11 years ago

The first time I saw the Xenomorph I was like 6 and decided that it was the coolest thing in the universe. I actually thought it was cute and badass. Yes it was terrifying as a child but it still captured my imagination. And while terrified I couldn't stop watching and couldn't even scream. The Xenomorphs have changed my view on whats scarry.

Gaunt, Yautja, 11 years ago

It got to me, the first time I saw Alien, in a good way.

I knew it was a film that didn't have much to go by, back in it's release days, man I was blown away by how well it was done, I didn't care that the Xenomorph was a slow pace man in a suit, it was that dark, errie atomosphere that stayed with it, you knew that there wasn't going to be a happy ending.

I was very pleased with the film overall.

RuthlessWarrior, Yautja, 11 years ago

My reaction was

"Whoa! That thing busted out of that guy's chest! Oh that is all kinds if fucked up!

That movie is still awesome!

DeathWraith, Yautja, 11 years ago

Mebber, you might want to consider that your standards have changed over time and some of the greatest movies from the past might seem mediocre or badly made if you didn't remember them through the nostalgia of that time.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 11 years ago

I wasn't so much scared as I was totally fascinated. It was unlike anything I'd seen before. I mean, I was, like, 7 or 8, of course, but still, unlike anything I'd ever seen.

DarkLioness, Yautja, 11 years ago

What was your reaction to the Alien?

I was 3 years old when I saw Alien and when I saw the adult I was not scared at all. I was like "That's it?"

AliceApocalypse, Yautja, 11 years ago

Huddled in front of the tv with some friends when her parents weren't home, I think we stayed huddled for hours after the viewing. I was scared to death, the Alien was really built up in the original.