understand

hujh2012, Undefined, 12 years ago

Just A theory of mine. Clutching at straws really.

Watch the Prometheus trailer, right at the start you'll hear Rapace saying "You don't understand - I was wrong, we were so wrong! I'm so sorry..."

I'm slowly beginning to think that this is her character leaving a final transmission on the crashed Jockey ship we see in the trailer - leaving a warning for anyone else who may follow. That warning turns out to be the garbled distress signal the Nostromo 'picks up' in ALIEN.

Is this too far out a thought?

EDITED by Praetorian

-Bloo-, Undefined, 12 years ago

That's pretty much what everyone here already thinks and nearly knows is what's going to happen.

I mean, that HAS to be what happens. I recently watched the new The Thing and though I can understand why people had their reasons for complaining about it, it had an absolutely fantastic and seemingly perfect lead up to the '82 film. That's what I want Prometheus to do - to make me mouth "holy shit" with a smile of approval on my face.

daveberg, Undefined, 12 years ago

hujh2012, Just a thought, perhaps you shouldn't copy and paste my theories and try using some of your own.

I mean, word for word, my own statement? If you do this again, I will issue you with a warning.

In fact, judging by your sig blurb, i'd say troll or bot for sure.

Praetorian, Undefined, 12 years ago

Thanks for pointing this out dave, this post had some unrelated commercial links. Surely spam.

jaguargod, Undefined, 12 years ago

Amusing, since there was already a topic covering this exact subject. And it wasn't like it was buried on the last page of the forum. It was only about 4 or 5 lines down and said:

"The beacon from the derelict in ALIEN = Noomi Rapace speech in start of Prometheus trailer?"

-Bloo-, Undefined, 12 years ago

I didn't even notice it was Dave's words. I thought it was hysterical that he thought he was coming up with something entirely new, so I was trying to be as nice as possible.