New Imax Prometheus trailer - Watch and discuss!

daveberg, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

- Watch the trailer here - Prometheus Imax trailer

SPACE JOCKEY!!!!!!

Image43.jpg

PREDATORv2, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

That doesn't look like an outer shell or suit to me, check out the life in it's eyes!

Pardon my language, but thats FUCKING AWESOME!

Praetorian, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

There are so many things to discuss about that preview.

For now I'll just say that the Jockey arm is very similar to the ones of the Xenomorph ...

Anyone notice the super fast glimpse of the 'slithering' creature crawling into the arm of the Jockey's suit....?

Not to mention a super fast shot of something looking like a suspect facehugger about to drop down on Noomi Rapace.......?

Peterson, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

v2 took the words right out of my mouth... that trailer was fucking epic!

Gaunt, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

I really liked the trailer, there are so many glimpses of "suspected" Xenomorphs, the Jockey was interesting, even if we did see it for only several seconds it was freaky and awesome.

Whatever we see in the film should be a good mind bender, and from the looks of it there will be quite a few combat scenes.

From the earlier trailer, I was sort of thinking Ridley Scott was going to make some of the crew member mutant to jockeys or some sort of alien creature, but from this trailer is looks like we got full blown aliens running around! Sweet.

Sorry, but this is epic enough for a double post. Heres another full HD trailer I found on youtube.

IMAX Trailer

And here you have the screenshots.

From what I saw today I got the impression that in Prometheus the Xenomorphs are to Jockeys what Monkeys are to Humans. Xenoevolution...

So the general consensus here is that the Jockeys are totally badass lol.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

I literally got chills watching the trailers posted. While I'm definitely going broke this summer going to the movies, this'll definitely be at the top of my list.

Absolutely FUCKING blown away by this. The hair is standing up on the back of my neck.

I haven't been this excited for and Alien film since the 90's!!

By the way - tell me you all saw THIS....

29.jpg

killswitch, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

I just can't wait. I feel like a mug for my initial scepticism last year.

At first when I looked at the head, I thought that might have been a Queen, but it looks to be just a common design circling the entire body. It was exciting to see in any case. And the split-second of what I thought was a Facehugger attack totally caught me off guard - had I been drinking anything, I'd be off to Bestbuy to buy a new keyboard right now.

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Damn. I know stupid this is going to sound, but I wish they hadn't shown the Jockey. Although while we're on the subject, I think I saw the "ribs" coming together like there was something inside. Maybe the Jockey really is just a suit?

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

I think we won't see any actual Jockey, just humans mutating into that thing that goes to the cannon chair of the derelict.

It would be kind of funny if it turned out there were never any Jockeys to begin with.

Dont forget to watch the International Trailer and ... this:

Prometheus Official Trailer Screenshot 46

Prometheus Official Trailer Screenshot 45

I like the international trailer a lot better; it seems to actually explain something about the plot instead of just making the Inception noise.

It's amazing how similar the back story is to AvP. It just proves how much execution counts.

@DD: Exactly. Time and again I always say it's not your story, it's how you tell it. When I see people on Youtube (or anywhere else, really) commenting on how everyone's a jackass for liking a movie like, say, Inception, and saying it's not original at all and that it's exactly like The Matrix, I want to kick these people in the fucking face. The execution is what people are saying is so fresh and exciting. I don't give a damn whether or not Avatar is the same goddamn story as Pocahontas./rant

Also...
"It would be kind of funny if it turned out there were never any Jockeys to begin with."
"I think we won't see any actual Jockey, just humans mutating into that thing that goes to the cannon chair of the derelict."

That really just blew my mind a little.

Well, the general concencus is that the aliens are actually an evolution of sorts of the human race. It's been the strongest, most argued theory across alien forums since first initial footage was leaked.

The waterfall sequences i'm looking forward to - apparently these illustrate the creation of all mankind in the beginning of the film. We will definitely see some sort of 'creator' of some sort in this film.

On whether or not one of the crew members mutates into the 'Jockey' we see in the trailer - it's definitely a possibility.

2 things to strongly note in the trailer:

The 'eel' like creature, and what looks like a form of facehugger/chestburster being removed from Noomi Rapace - early leaks of footage showed her with something moving in her stomach, we are most definitely going to get some kind of creatures in this film.