New Skill System - Comments & Suggestions

Praetorian, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

The new skill system is online. Edit your profile and chose your skills.

Post your comments and suggestions.

PREDATORv2, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Very nice, everything seems to work good except when I click Elder, pick the abilities I want then click submit, an error message appears telling me I need to be in a clan. However I'm in Hunters Moon so there might be a bug there.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

This is a MUCH better system for the RPGs. I didn't encounter any problems, but even if I did, it's a good job overall. Seeing the new skill system actually got me to start thinking of a new RPG character profile. My last one was shit so it's probably time for a new one anyway.

FireHunter, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Very nice, indeed. I agree with Bloo, it is a much better system for RPGs and definitely makes the points worthwhile.

concretehunter, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Could you add a maul into the Yautja armoury? Its a weapon from Concrete jungle and possibly other movies/books/games and is one of my favorite weapons

Stalker, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

I'm getting the same glitch as PREDv2, I try to select Predator Elder & it says I need to be in a clan (?)

Shadowwall, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

I don't see how these skills could be used in an rpg battle. You should remember your own abilities and only use those available ?

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

^Well, um... Yeah.

I mean, there's little difference between a Warrior and Drone, so you wouldn't have to worry much about whether or not the way you clawed someone was legal, but obviously if you're a Facehugger or Chestburster you don't want to be mauling someone with the tail of a Queen.

The skills presented to us with the new system are much easier to remember than the last one anyway. That one, whenever used properly, would have opponents constantly looking at what level their enemy had a specific trait at, as opposed to the present where we just have to remember a few general things like whether or not I'm resistant to fire or have increased defense. Even then I'm sure not many people will actually be totally anal about the whole thing unless a situation comes up when someone attempts to kill an alien with fire and said alien is protected against it.

The thing with an RPG, though, is that, passed your levels and ranks and abilities, it all comes down to your ability to really write. See, sitting in a spaceship's cockpit is fucking cool, but I look like a huge jackass not knowing how to actually fly it.

The must be in a clan should be fixed now.

@concretehunter ok i'll add maul
@Shadowwall the new skill system is intended to prevent godmoding. You cant be a lvl marine with one minigun on each hand. Also it presents a new concept of counters, for instance:

you're equipped with a flamethrower then you face a fire resistant praetorian ...
you're a praetorian then you face a minigun equipped exosuit...
and so on

Gaunt, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

The fact that I have 55 skill points but reside as a Chestburster is a bit of an inconviniance, especially as I have developed my character over the years to better suit the complexity of the Xenomorphs and their unknown functions and developmentatry failsafes.

Should I just take all the Chestburser skills and have plenty to spare, or should I follow my characters true hereditary form of a Xenomorph Warrior?

Apart from that pickle I love this new skill system, now I won't have to explain my actions so often.

Peterson, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

It looks good thus far P, Im enjoying it thusforth and look to see how it will work in the next RPG!

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

I like it a lot. It'll be a lot easier to play knowing what weapons you do and don't have access to.

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

No chance I'm ever getting a Human/Alien hybrid class, right? Even though it's, you know, canon.

Well ... the hybrid was in the first version of the skills, and it's still there, but carefully hidden from everyone's eyes.

BloodHarpy, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

@DeathWraith

You don't have a problem with me switching to Yautja do you? My choice isn't official but I am considering it.

DarkCountess, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

I'm loving this new feature already!

I actually thought of you BloodHarpy, the problem with the Hybrid it that I would have to create a new species for it ... the aliens dont want it in the hive, and I agree with them it doesnt fit there.

BloodHarpy, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Well in that case I get be Yautja!

On a serious note this new feature is amazing! Nice wide range of choices for all three species.

LadyDeathStriker, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Awww but the hybrid part was cool! Well I changing to human then!

@concretehunter

You can go get your Maul :), hit F5 key if you cant see the image.

concretehunter, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

AWESOME! Thanks P