Five most provocative things from the “Prometheus” trailer

Praetorian, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Take a look at this interesting article about the prometheus trailer:

Five most provocative things from the “Prometheus” trailer

daveberg, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

The more I read, the more i'm getting excited for this film.

There are too many ties for this film not to be an indirect prequel to Alien.

Praetorian, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

All screenshots os Prometheus Trailer are familiar in one way or the other except for this one! What is this?

23.jpg

cleticyautja, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Im just wondering here but in the trailer they mention something that would wipe them out in a heart beat are they refering to aliens a perharps some weapon made by the jockeys?

I have no idea what that is in the sky above the waterfall.

2 quick thoughts - some kind of craft/flying object - or, (I'm stretching here) a portal or worm hole of some kind?

General rumour has it that the 'things' capable of wiping out the humans, are in fact, the humans themselves, which are slowly beginning to mutate into something 'familiar'......

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Maybe that's the Derelict ship itself?

Gaunt, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

If the plot to the story is "Space jockeys make Xenomorphs" then I have to wonder, what else have they created?

Could that object be something they created? Or something that threatens them? (playing on the concept of AVP, the space jockeys may be in a war of their own, hence creation of [Xenomorph] bio weapon).

Or it could just be the Derelict ship.

The film Synopsis itself and words from Ridley Scott say that the Space Jockeys are basically the creators of ALL life.

The humans find space co-ordinates to the Jockey/'creators' homeworld and make the mistake of trying to steal the genetic code for the creation of life - which ultimately leads to the Jockeys' unleashing 'something' terrible as punishment.

Google the story of Prometheus the titan from Greek mythology - it has heavy ties to what Ridley Scott is trying to do here.

Prometheus Greek Mythology

concretehunter, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

But then it raises the question. Who made the jockeys?

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

You're going for chickens and eggs we just don't have.

That's a god vs evolution type of question - Which is why I don't buy into religion - if God made everything - then where the hell did he/she/it come from?

I think we'll have to assume the jockeys just 'are'.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Probably best not to mention something like God on a sci-fi forum. I've been witness to the topic blowing to absolute shit countless times on a spectacular level.

Though you're right, in this case they're both just... there.

I'm a little confused at some of the rumours that are floating around at the moment - especially the one saying Charlize Theron (sp?) ends up mutating into the creature we all know and love in the 'pilot' chair in Alien and is the one responsible for sending the 'distress' beacon which the Nostromo eventually homes in on.....

Now that is SOME speculation right there.

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

So that would mean the space jockey is actually a mutated human? Then the whole "creators" thing was just misdirection and we're simply going to see a crew of humans dabbling in stuff way beyond their comprehension?

Right now, anything is possible - Ridley has been throwing out red herrings left, right and centre. The rumours of mutated humans were dropped around the net like Chinese whispers after a 'script' leaked.

At least we can all sit back and finally acknowledge that this film definitely ties in to Alien...