Prometheus - A prequel to Alien, or not?

daveberg, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

I'm assuming that the majority of you on here are well aware of the upcoming film 'Prometheus' - which is not to be confused as being 'Alien 5'

With that said, there is an extreme amount of hype surrounding this production at the moment, especially seeing as the teaser trailer was leaked earlier this week and featured two MAJOR things that tie this film into the Alien Franchise:

- A short clip of the main chamber of the derelict, with the space Jockey's chair emerging from the bowels of the ship.

- A shot of one of the crew members of the Prometheus looking up at the 'Derelict' craft as it sits in a vertical position as if looking to take off.

These two things alone had my excitment levels through the roof. For all the dissinformation being given out about this film, I am thinking it is indeed, a solid prequel to Alien.

concretehunter, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

So you arent dead... Also i think this is obviously a prequal, Just had the name changed so that people dont think "Why should i see this, I havent seen the other 4 alien films"

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

It seems to take place in the same universe, at any rate, although the Jockeys seem to emphasized over the Xenos this time around.

Also, holy shit, Dave's back.

Gaunt, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Wow Dave. I swear someone mentioned you coming back for a visit, they didn't specify a date. Welcome back.

In all I have high hopes that it will be a solid Alien film. Due to the space jockeys being shown I think of exciting possibilities, like will we see live space jockeys for the first time?

And if so what type of Xenomorphs would come from them? This could be entirely possible as the space jockey in Alien was shown with it's ribs bursted open, but with no trace of the Xenomorph that had come from it, just a dead Hive, full of eggs. I wonder (Runners being from dogs, warriors from Human, Pedaliens from Predators ect).

Time will tell.

I read an interview with Scott somewhere in which he mentioned the name "Prometheus" being significant. In other words, the whole "animal eats you insides over and over again for eternity" bit.

That's a set-up for an Alien appearance if I've ever heard one. I'd guess the titular "Prometheus" is the Jockey from the Derelict.

As to the name change... I'd guess the AvP movies had something to do with it.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Any presence by the xeno, I think, has to be a subtle one, but one that'll make everyone will go, "Holy shit."* It's a lot to ask for, but I don't have many reasons to doubt it at this point (mostly 'cause I don't know much about it other than it's not a horror/action revolving around the xenos themselves, which is probably a good thing).

*Kind of like Dave over here. Good to see you by the way, been a long time.

Good to hear from everyone again after all this time, thanks for the warm welcome back!

Well, i've picked up quite a bit of information on the new film from various sources so here's what we know so far.....

*Prometheus is the name of the (Human) ship.
*The Company is involved.
*An android is part of the crew. (Rumoured to be 2)
*The company find interstellar co-ordinates during a dig on Earth, which lead to the 'Creators' or 'gods'.
*The creators are the Space Jockeys.
*One of the crew tries to steal some form of DNA mapping for 'creation' from the Jockeys which leads them to 'unleash' something very nasty......
*The Derelict ha been spotted in the trailer, but in its original state before the crash, so we're due to see it in some mid flight action.....
*There are scenes of 'something' inside one of the females chest/stomach.....
*The crew are equipped with weapons.
*Ridley Scott said there are 'creatures' we will recognise...

There's more, but you'll have to excuse me, i'm a little hung over this morning, not functioning very well!

I actually knew next to nothing in your post. I want to be excited about this, but that hadn't worked out so well last decade. Maybe that's why I haven't busted my ass doing research and everything a former xeno buff should be doing. The closest I've come to enjoying this franchise in the past five years was deciding to buy the Alien Anthology, which I haven't even touched.

Also, try the ramen - I hear that works well, maybe.

Laatest rumours flying around the net - the Aliens (Xenos) are actually created from humans....!!!??

Apparently the Space Jockeys lash out in spite against the crew of thr Prometheus and infuse foreign DNA with their bodies, which in turn, begin to mutate them slowly into our beloved Xenomorphs...

Your thoughts on this guys 'n gals?

concretehunter, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Hopefully its a quality film that we are HAPPY to accept as canon.

So I'm now expecting everyone to die, one lone space jockey to sit in a massive chair in the middle of a room (thinking about it, it's probably the derelicts main controls/flight chair or something). He groans in pain, aware of his inevitable death and a Xenomorph just bursts out of him, making the ship lose control and crash.

That Xenomorph becomes a Queen, fills the chambers of the ship with eggs, dies of hunger or leaves the ship.

Thats my theory so far.
I just wanna see the film.

Huh. The mutation thing sounds iffy, but I'm willing to give it a chance (if that's what they end up using).

It might make the Xenos a bit more demonic or something, which is better than the giant bugs and/or space raptors they've been portrayed as recently.

PREDATORv2, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Rather have them as demons than damn 'bugs' with all respect to the movie aliens. I've got chills from dave's intel, this is really exciting.

Official trailer is expected to drop on the 12th of this month.

If it's anything like the leaked one, expect to see footage of the 'Derelict' in flight...

^ Now THAT'S going to be something to see.

Agreed!

There was a brief glimpse in the leaked trailer of what looked to be the Prometheus crashing mid air into the 'Derelict'.......anyone thinking this is how the ship got to be on LV4-26?

It's fun to speculate on but is probably going to be one of those small Oh, that's pretty cool, I guess moments when seeing it in the final result. Any mention of that is overshadowed by the whole demon thing.

Well according to Ridley Scott - the last 8 minutes of the film 'lead into a pretty good DNA of the first Alien film'

Take from that what you will!

Anyone seen the Jockey chair pics? It's pretty close to the chair on the derelict from Alien, MINUS the jockey.

Thats a good set up for a dramatic finally, with the death of the space jokey as his ribs burst open in the chair.

I'm convinced this will happen. If something else happens I'll be really surprised, then people will see my surprised face.

I wont mind seeing that at all - even if that's the only glimpse of a 'legit' Xenomorph we get.