Iseijin, Yautja, 12 years ago

Haha, that is a disgusting mental image though, no? A human cornered by Iseijin, who stalks up to him slowly and when she steps into the light the swell of the abdomen is made more apparent - he can see the squirming things slithering inside; then stops only a couple of feet away from him and gags out a swarm of slimy chestbusters that devour the poor human.

I know xenomorphs can survive in space. So that outright proves they do not need gases and nutriments (in our traditional sense) to survive. Though now I have another thought... You know that some ants have special workers that feed the rest of the drones by locking mandibles and regurgitating food? Maybe there's something like that for xenos. It would explain - in a wild-card theory sense - why the secondary jaws are hollow when their primary function is just to grab and punch. Maybe these feeder-drones in a Hive lock jaws with other drones and regurgitate a sort of "meal" they digest. Not necessary for survival, but may give them certain nutriments they may not be able to acquire otherwise.

FireHunter, Yautja, 12 years ago

Funnily enough, you're talking about AvP-related stuff in the Off-Topic section, make a topic, get it more noticed, pump the AvP-talk on the site a bit where you won't get cut off by other people saying random stuff.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 12 years ago

I don't really like to imagine a xenomorph with a swollen abdomen. I prefer to know them slim, genderless, without an age or a need to eat and breathe.

EDIT: FireHunter, it's still random chatting. It's a lot more relaxed when you don't have to stay on topic.

Gaunt, Yautja, 12 years ago

It would explain what they do with the chuncks of flesh they pull out from their victims with their inner jaw, though I just assumed they ate it, it could be stored and regurgitated later.

If there's one thing that could prove a Xenomorph eats, it's the chestburster. They feed off their hosts slowly, then devour everything inside (organs, soft tissue, some bones) before violently breaking out of the weakened husk of a body they inhabit.

This process of Xenomorph development though has been changed and inconsistent over time (just like the number of fingers Xenos' have in each film). I admit that there is no real evidence that a Xenomorph eats after this stage, when it has matured.

"If there's one thing that proves a Xenomorph eats, it the chestburster. They feed off their hosts slowly, then devour everything inside (organs, soft tissue, some bones) before violently breaking out of the weakened husk of a body they inhabit."

We've never seen a chestburster eat anything, we've just seen them burst out of people's chests. Furthermore, we've never witnessed a host feel the effects of something feeding off of their body's nutrients, so as far as we know, they don't even need to feed while they grow inside the person's stomach or whatever. The thing about Aliens is... we don't know shit.

Well I'm only speculating.

Yes, when it comes to understanding Xenomorphs we've only scratched the surface.

I would rather say we've softly farted against it. We're probably going to start scratching it after Prometheus.

Iseijin, Yautja, 12 years ago

That's what's fun about xenomorphs. They are a malleable enigma. We barely know anything about them, but it's as though almost anything is plausible.

They don't need to eat, but they have stomachs and intestines.
They don't need to breathe, but their chests heave with breaths.
They do not need shelter, yet still build intricate hives.

We don't know how they think. Yes, they are connected to the Queen's hive mind, but when there's only an individual around they've proven to be smart enough to be classified with a sort of self-awareness conscience. It's all so baffling and contradicting, but it works. They are adapted for all sorts of environments - even lack of it altogether (space)! - that these internal systems must serve a function when they need it; and if they don't need to then they don't use it. Simple as that. Maybe they don't NEED to eat, but do to absorb nutrients and help their metabolism. Maybe they don't NEED to breathe, but do because the environment supports an atmosphere that can transmit scents and pheromones. Maybe they don't NEED shelter, but build hives to keep the drones together.

It's all speculation. Go nuts.

Peterson, Yautja, 12 years ago

This discussion should be moved to a new topic and out of the off topic chat. As it is related content if it is to continue then It must be placed in an propper topic not in the Off Topic Chat.

FireHunter, Peterson, are you fucking serious? You're gonna start enforcing some "don't talk about AvP-related stuff in the Off-Topic thread" rule? This is fucking ridiculous.

If I'm honest I think we reached the end of the AVP related discussion anyway, I don't see much problem in it happening in this thread anyway, it is after all just theories and speculations, completely non cannon to the franchise(s) them selves. Irrelivant fragments of our own imagination towards a subject.

So back to the matter at hand.

SQUIDS!! FLYING ACROSS THE OCEANS, FLAPPING THEIR LITTLE FLAPPY FINS AND WHAT NOT, SWARMING AND HUGGING THE FACES OF PASSERS BY, CLINGING WITH THEIR TENTACLES, AS THEY DO.

FEAR THEIR LITTLE TEETH!!

Mhmm, SUSHI TIME!

-Bloo-, Yautja, 12 years ago

I agree with DW. Off-Topic means that we don't have to talk about Aliens/Predators. If we do, why not? The topic at hand might be a short-lived thread anyway, or worse: be off-topic in another Xeno thread.

It's not a big deal. If we happen to be talking about the site's namesake, we will. This'll probably degenerate into talking about crabs and cake, like always. And I'm fine with that. But if you guys want, start the new topic about an Alien's anatomy on the main board - that's fine too.

Good reminder Bloo, I just noticed we got this sucker past 500!

This may be hard to swallow,

SquidCake.jpg

Thankfully there's always a better looking backup (heheh, squid cake),

Tortas010.jpg

Deathdrop, Yautja, 12 years ago

I have to say, I don;t particularly have a problem with occasionally going off-topic in the off-topic thread. It's... appropriate, somehow.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 12 years ago

Yesterday I had to call in sick for actually being sick. I thought that was a myth.

Also, fuck, I'm sick. Anyone else feeling that winter love?

Yup, I have so many pains I can't even type properly.

DarkCountess, Yautja, 12 years ago

Well while you guys are freezing my state is being over-run by giant ass snakes that don't belong here. No thanks to people who wanted to brag about having a big snake. I hate assholes who don't bother to read about animals before they buy them.

Red Tails was a good movie!

Get a cat. Cats beat the shit out of any reptiles.

DarkCountess, Yautja, 12 years ago

^Yeah we need to get a cat so our dog can get use to them before he gets older.

BloodHarpy, Yautja, 12 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ntDYjS0Y3w
Watch this video and figure out which one is which character.