DeathWraith, Yautja, 12 years ago

I think the newer graphic engines just make everything in the game seem too heavy and monotonous really. They distract a lot from the gameplay. Soul Reaver, Prince of Persia, Gothic these would probably not be so awesome if you just stopped for hours to admire how nice the graphics are.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 12 years ago

In this case of Soul Reaver especially, the dated graphics make it look a hell of a lot more forbidding than if everything was ultra-realistic. The low poly-count gives everything this jagged look that makes the game forbidding and...

I guess "alien" would be the word.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 12 years ago

Glancing back at the last few pages, I mean no offense when I say what I'm about to say, but the whole "I'm a girl and I wanna play CoD 'cause I'm unique + some anime stuff" is just not cool anymore.

It probably was in like, '09. For maybe not even the whole year.

Anyway, since I feel bad now, I'll break it down for you:

Call of Duty
1 & United Offense - Great.
2 - Good.
3 - Fuck you.
4 (Modern Warfare) - Great. Addictive online, and the campaign's one of the best I've seen yet.
5 (World at War) - No one ever admits this, but they only ever play this anymore for Zombies and the Black Cats level.
6 (Modern Warfare 2) - Fuck you. Twice.
7 (Black-Ops) - See, they might as well have called this, "Dempsey yells 'Fuck' a lot while shoving thunder up everyone's ass. Also something about JFK"

Gears of War & Red Dead Redemption
I don't really care. I hear you can kidnap nuns in the latter.

Aliens vs Predator
1 - I don't remember anything about this.
2 - Great.
3 - Have not played for more than a day, couldn't tell you.

Halo
1 - Great campaign, addictive split-screen.
2 - Slightly less great.
3 - Good. Online is a lot more addictive than 1's campaign/multiplayer ever was, though.
ODST - The trailer was the best thing about it.
Reach - Great.
Halo Wars - Good.

Left4Dead
Just buy the 2nd one and buy the DLC. Then you'll pretty much have both of them. They're both great by the way.

If I was a real critic, I'd be a shit one 'cause my reviews are boring, but that's my take on this.

"I hear you can kidnap nuns in the latter."

And then throw them in front of trains, at which point of bunch of surprisingly poorly-animated gibs randomly appear and fly through the air.

You can also teleport yourself several miles into the air if you crouch and uncrouch too many times, but that's neither here nor there.

I'm a guy and I think pink is a very manly colour. Also fuck yellow, orange piss is best piss! PISS OUT BITCHEZZZZZZZZ!!!!

When I was a kid, I put food coloring in my sprite and shat green for a week, so I know how you feel.

EDIT: OR DO I?

UndeadBeasty, Yautja, 12 years ago

I'M ALIVE HOMIES! HAHA!

Oh and to celebrate me and DeadBeast are giving some bully on FanFiction a taste of their or medicine. This fucker gets off on bullying girls. Anybody want in?

Here's the link to their page. You can message them.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1425914/Ligh

DeadBeast, Yautja, 12 years ago

^What's the phrase I'm looking for?

UndeadBeasty, Yautja, 12 years ago

^FUCK EM UP!

Sooo any takers? It's kinda cowardly to let some dickless piece of shit pick on a girl man. What if this chick's related to one of you huh? Think it over. The link's there.

DarkLioness, Yautja, 12 years ago

^I dislike bullies.

On the bright side:THE TROOPS ARE COMING HOME!!!!!!!!!

I believe the phrase you were looking for was this:
No one here cares what you do on another site, and that "bully" is probably a troll who is gonna mentally destroy your anus.

C'mon, guys. You should know by now not to feed the trolls.

Hey some troll tried the same bull with me on FanFiction. I ignored them, removed my story and then they PM'd me and bitched about ignoring them. Trolls are annoying asshole but if you ignore they rant and compalin. I just sit back, laugh and call them names without responding to them.

Gaunt, Yautja, 12 years ago

I'd ask how you'd call them names without responding to them but thats a stupid question.

We all know trolls don't have names.

*cough* DEATHWRAITH *cough* TROLL *cough*

U JELLY DOG? U DIG?

1254879444205.jpg

I don't foresee this going anywhere productive, but then, that's the whole point of this thread.

"I'd ask how you'd call them names without responding to them but thats a stupid question."

It'd be a nice thesis (and one that'd get me the title of professor, no doubt) if it wasn't an already well-known and established fact that you can't fucking do that. Zing! [/Applause]

That's why trolls are so prevalent. Calling them out on being a troll doesn't make them go away. They thrive on any attention at all. That's like yelling to the serial-killer hiding in your basement, "Holy balls, you're a serial-killer! Where's my money, honey?" and expecting him to go away because you think you somehow just shoved 55 kg of kryptonite up his asshole like he was Superman or something.

But, hey. When your victims are the kind that don't move out of the house when they realize it's a goddamn demon bear ghost haunting the place, whose side are you rooting for in the end, anyway?

Ok I realize saying I call trolls names without responding to them is stupid. I don't respond I just laugh at my computer screen and and call them names. I have no time for trolls they're annoying.

Umm DeathWraith doesn't seem like a troll. Am I missing something?

If he is, his bigotry is certainly amusing.

"Ok I realize saying I call trolls names without responding to them is stupid."

Eh, don't worry about it, just having a bit of fun there.

Caring and sharing is what we're all about.

I just remembered I'd written this a while back, to help the younger people who are not as experienced in the arts of the internet. It's a long piece of text, but it can enlighten you:

Anti-Troll Tutorial: How Not To Get Trolled

Hello there, my name is David and I'm here to talk to you about something we all encounter from time to time on the internet: trolls.

I'm sure you've all found yourselves at least once in a situation where a certain someone pops out of nowhere and says something that goes so blatantly against your personal understanding of common sense, that you just need to reply in a negative fashion in order to immediately correct such behaviour. If you do reply as described, then you, my friend, have been trolled.

An internet troll is not to be regarded as a real person, as it will not react to the same stimuli a real person would. It will not understand your motivation; it will not be insulted by your witty comebacks. It seeks only to waste your own resources absolutely in vain. For a skilled troll, the act of trolling is nearly effortless. The troll does not, in any way, believe in or care for any of the remarks it will make, regardless of how elaborate or well thought-out they may seem, regardless of how much they may mean to you personally. All it has to do is act like a damaged mirror. When you are arguing with a troll, you are not arguing with anyone other than yourself. It will only respond with what you would expect someone annoying or stupid to say. The troll doesn’t have to think his own replies, only to compose them out of your own frustrations, as disclosed by your own negative comments. During this process, the troll does not waste his own time, does not do any of the thinking, and does not harness any negative energy. However, you do.

That said, it takes a very still mind to successfully counter a troll, because all you have to do is reply in the same way – effortlessly. Remember that the person behind the keyboard whence the troll comment came is not actually in the comment. The troll comment is devoid of substance, personality, or thought. It is not someone being stupid or annoying; it is no one at all. Not replying is not a way to ensure that you aren’t getting trolled; the purpose of the troll is not to get your reply, but to awaken negativity. To counter a troll, one must reply neutrally or positively.

Do not be enraged by the troll.

If you are, do not tell the troll what is bothering you.

You have to say something nice to the troll, coming from a nice feeling inside of yourself. This means that all you have to do is feel good. Not feel good about yourself in relation to the troll, such pointless vanity is the kind of negative energy the troll is looking to reflect back. The person behind the troll is having fun simply by saying things he doesn’t think about and noticing the results. No matter how much thought or negativity you put in your comments, that will not change. Showing that you are positively affected by comments that go beyond the borders of common sense will determine the person behind the troll to get bored and leave, or to relate to you and start a nice conversation. Of course, the latter is only plausible when dealing with white knights (see “White Knights: A Female Troll’s Personal Army”).

Remember: you do not talk to the troll, but to yourself. Only say something you would like to be said to yourself. If you do not reveal any frustrations, the troll will have nothing to work with. The point is to keep yourself in a state of serenity. You do not implicate anyone other than yourself in the “conversation” with a troll; you do not become attached to anything it may say. If, for one reason or another, you are unable to find it within yourself to remain detached, disengage immediately and make yourself a nice cup of tea, with some toast.

The troll does not win when you reply; it wins when you feel slight negativity. No matter what the troll says, you are the only one who can harm you in this situation. I certainly hope this short and messy piece of text will help you remain calm and joyous throughout your stay among the many wonders of the Internet.

If it does not, you may just be retarded.

Sincerely yours,

David Davidson