PREDATORv2, Yautja, 13 years ago

Last one was set in a desert like location, maybe cold this time? A mix of both?

Deathdrop, Yautja, 13 years ago

I think cold is the way to go as well. Not necessarily snowy, but cold. Maybe there could be occasional flare-ups from underground gasses that cause incredibly hot steam (capable-of-boiling-you-brain hot) to boil up every so often?

ryanwethy, Yautja, 13 years ago

I question how big and how aggressive the plant life will be.

BloodHarpy, Yautja, 13 years ago

I like the idea of the cold climate, it’s certainly I change from the usual, desert setting, rain forest setting or rocky terrain setting. I think the cold climate idea is perfect.

Plus it won’t effect the whole feuding Xenomorph hives seeing that they can handle the cold quite well. The hot steam flare-ups are a wonderful addition as well. So despite the really cold climate stuff can still survive here. Now about the native life forms, I thinking that one should be a spider like creature with eight legs, six eyes, very fast, the size of Kodiak bears and with a carnivorous appetite. So that’s one life form down any other ideas?

HeavyDuty, Yautja, 13 years ago

Cold climate sounds nice. Nasty life form by the way Harpy can‘t wait to see what the other tree are.

delta-boy, Yautja, 13 years ago

I'd say a tundra and bora type climate would be good. With storms, low visibility, it rounds off rather well to our AvP franchise.

AmerthystBlades, Yautja, 13 years ago

I say fuse the two ideas cold tundra climate with steam vents!

Rogue, Yautja, 13 years ago

The cold climate sounds a little like AVP…….I like it! I have an idea for another deadly life form; a flying bird/dragon looking thing the screeches loudly and is also carnivorous? Oh and what if the spider things were brownish red and the thing I just came up with was kind of pinkish black huh?

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 13 years ago

So, are we talking flat lands here or a mountainous region?

I'd imagine it's pretty flat for the most part, though the gasses beneath would force certain areas up a bit.

Mountainous region sounds more challenging though the entire planet is mountainous there are some flat areas around, so you have plenty of spots where you might get blown up by a steam vent! Most of the mountains are made of solid ice some are a mixture of ice and rock and a few others are made of rock. Along with a few rives and lakes that are primarily made up of poisonous gas mixed with water so you can’t drink it only the native life can drink it. There are only two non toxic water sources; a river that runs through the territories of the five warring Xenomorph hives and the other is a lake in the territory of the warring group of Bad Bloods. There are some caverns that are really big and deep but the Xenomorphs lives in their so you be able to hide out there, some old buildings but that’s where the Bad Bloods hang out and then there’s the colonist compound but that’s where the few remaining colonists and some war criminals are hunkered down. So on this planet if you want to find a place to hide out for a while the pickings are slim to none. There’s really no planet life except for brown grass that grows through the ice and rocks, no trees and some weeds that are edible but not really nutritious. There is one sun but it rarely comes up at all but it’s dark on the planet but it’s not all that light but you can still find your way around without falling down a hole. The third native life form looks like the Licker from Resident Evil except it has six eyes and has six legs and can run extremely fast and will attack and eat anything.

Oh and the average temperature is between -30 to -70 degrees.

How is the native life so large if there's no plant life an barely any water? Are they failed WY experiments, or... ?

The reason the creatures are so big in the cold climate is because this isn’t earth and the biological make up is different than earth life forms. No none of these beasties are WY experiments but now I might come up with one though.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 13 years ago

Try to remember this is AvP, not AvPvHPvLotRvREvSHvBatmanvetc.

Focus more on the scenario and less on the mythical fantasy creatures that could pose a threat during a war between Humans, Aliens and Predators.

Also, I think more concentration on the environment being dangerous could help. Just having a bunch of monsters running around seems... too obvious.

^Good point I'll remember that.

Ok well I’ll DX the whole spider things along with two other life forms, but I’m keeping the cold climate. Oh and I decided to change the whole water source thing, the only places you can get fresh water is from the colonist or from some of the random cavern streams. Both happen to be risky depending on who you are and where you allegiances lie the colonists might shot you on sight and the caverns have Xenomorphs in them

Btw the planet has two moons that give off little light when the sun goes down. The steam vent idea stays though.

Is the atmosphere breathable for humans?

Kirby-Cage, Yautja, 13 years ago

I think that the air is not being breatheable might add some intersting combat but youd have make a rule when the air tank runs out and when it can be destoryed it'd piss alot off humans to get 1 round into combat just to have the air tank get shot and the guy die of suffication but i feel we can work with this if we try.

delta-boy, Yautja, 13 years ago

If we did it right, it could work. (ex - LV426's colony w/ enviroment) Remember how Burke explained to Ripley that the Nuclear power plant type towers made the enviroment breathable. Well, we could incorporate a system like that, except maybe with the factor that the WY engineers were in the middle of working on the actual terrain and enviroment itself when the shit hits the fan, and the only progress that was made was within the actual colony itself.

I think if we gave actual air sections within the RP, then it could work. But we still need a system for us humans so its not OP and for use of exploitation from the Xeno/Rogue/Hhybrid/Predator.

I think for fairness' sake, preds and hybrids can't breathe the air either (if indeed the air isn't breathable). This gives the Pred players some serious incentive to keep their masks on, as well as making fights necessarily faster.