Idea vs. Execution

Deathdrop, Yautja, 13 years ago

This is inspired by the discussion of the upcoming Alien prequel. They've got a lot of cool ideas so far, but we have yet to see if they can follow through.

What are ideas in the A/P movies/comics/whatever that sounded cool or interesting, but were executed terribly?

I've got one:

Waaaaay back when I was 10 or 11, I read the Alien Ressurection novelisation, and it was awesome. It's what got me into the Alien side of things and lead to me seeing the movies. The author made the Newborn sound awesome. This freakish hybrid of alien and human was something I needed to see.

Then I saw the movie. Needless to say, I was disappointed.

hish, Yautja, 13 years ago

yeah it bummed me out too

DeathWraith, Yautja, 13 years ago

Well the closest example i could have is the Predalien. The idea seemed very good at the end of AvP, but at the start of AvPR they were following a completely different idea.

EDIT: Just as i finished writing this i noticed AvPR was on TV on the channel i'd been watching for the last 1/2 hour, how does this movie manage to interest me so little...?

Shadowwall, Yautja, 13 years ago

The newborn was a freak not an alien I liked the scenes where He died muhahahah take that raitor killing our queen like that ! :)