Your ideal version of the creatures?

Deathdrop, Yautja, 13 years ago

Everyone seems to have their own idea of the perfect portrayal of Aliens and/or Predators. Some people like the Alien to be a solo killer as in the first movie, so prefer the hive dynamic. Some people like the honor code, others want the preds as merciless killers. You get the idea.

The question here is: What is your vision of the perfect Xeno and/or Pred?

DeathWraith, Yautja, 13 years ago

So do i have to be very explicit, or can i just say "solo killer; honor code" and be done with it?

Explicit is prefered, but it's your call.

Shadowwall, Yautja, 13 years ago

With the preds it's easy just honorfull warriors... :)

The Alien are kinda both you mentioned. Ofcourse they have to work as a hive or there is no future for the hive.
But the individual strength and intelligence of an Alien are important to. for example gridhead is cabable of taking down 2 predators while the others are just walking in line of sight so the pred can use it's plasmacaster, while grid is stealthy

DeathWraith, Yautja, 13 years ago

^ Remember when people made one word posts? Those were the days... Now it's just... two consonant posts.

Anyway, what i like to think about the Alien... I like to think that the xenomorph is a highly intelligent artificial creature, flawed in its high intelligence, because even though its purpose is to spread and consume, it is more efficient alone than in groups. I like to think of it as something very big that can fit in the smallest places. A black horror that you just can't find; but you know that it's constantly watching you, waiting for the moment when you are the most vulnerable. It knows what you will want to do in that situation and it knows how you would do it. And it knows how to take all that away from you, so that there's nothing left to do and you are paralized, waiting to die. Also, they like to nap when the only survivor of the Nostromo is about to kill them.

About the Predators, i like to think of them as a society based on mutual respect and discipline, who train to become the greatest warriors that they can be. Honourable warriors, that is. And then they hunt around the universe for challanges. Even if they don't hunt for honour, but for experience and testing themselves, they are honourable because they are tought to be so.

One word (and I use the term lightly) posts are going to be deleted from this point forward.