Avp 2 bug ? please help

aikonen, Undefined, 13 years ago

Check this out guys, and if you know what to do about this problem

http://sv.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=nx2lj7&s=5

Lol, i 4got.. My rig is Amd x2 3.0ghz, 4096mb RAM, 9800gtx+ and XP 64. Have tried both 32 and 64.

navyspaz, Undefined, 13 years ago

It doesn't matter your type of PC, Video Card or Resolution, that isn't the problem. I've seen this on other games, it is usually a resource confliction.

The main cause is having mods, one that conflicts with the game or another mod, makes objects warp out of place and into Oblivion.

Or it could have maybe, not installed correctly? You could try reinstalling.

Recently installed computer, no mods, both tried xp 32, and xp 64, right now im playing on windows 7 32 and i cant see any artifacts right now, but gameplay is laggy as horseshit so now thats my main problem..

lol, i used an downloaded copy of the game because i dont have the time to look for my own discs. Maybe i shud do that and try that. but that doesnt matter now since i have reinstalld my computer to win 7.. holy fucking shit, why didnt i think of that before.. -_-

DeathWraith, Undefined, 13 years ago

Maybe you should just download a better copy.

Well thanks for the advice but i dont think thats the problem. i downloaded it with primal hunt, and all patches and no-cd cracks. The main problem now is that its unplayable with windows 7.

Well i haven't tried AvP2 on windows 7 yet, but i think it's time. I got 32 bit too, so i'll just download and tell you how it works.

Hey thx man, i appreciate it! Hope you dont get the same performance issues as i do!

ok guys, hear me out! 20 minutes ago i install windows 2000 and now its running fine as hell, all playable, one minor bug ive discovered - since i got an dual core, the dialogue in avp2 is a little fast but thats nothing that *bugs* me.

So, ive been plowing through 4 OS - Win2k, WinXP, Win7, and Linux Ubuntu. Win2k works, but since i got an dual core, some things may be sped up. WinXP all working fine except some fucking artifacts showing up for no reason. No artifacts on Win2k or Win7 so its not my vcard thats broken. On Win7 its working, but it has some major issues with the performance. Jumping from 100fps to 25fps depending on the location of where you stand. Kinda fucked up.

On linux it did work but the mouse movements was fucked up! Totally unplayabe.

I have played AVP2 on XP without issues before so it got to be something related to the drivers i think.

Now thats all, gonna enjoy my favourite game of all time, all night! take care now!

LOL! artifacts in win2k too!

Mebber, Undefined, 13 years ago

FPS slowdowns in avp2 are common under Win7, but thankfully the major slowndowns only appears in two levels of the marine campaign.

You've got dualcore, right? Try to play the game with only one of your processors, that could reduce the slowdowns or even solve them completely. Worked very well for me and i'm using Win7 too.

Edit1: using only one core might help with the fast speech under Win2000, too.

I just installed and played through the first three loadings of the first Marine level and had absolutely no problems. I have dual core and 32bit windows 7. I installed only AvP2, without Primal Hunt.

Mebber, Undefined, 13 years ago

Lucky one. Some of the most horrible lags appears right in the first loads of the first level- at least according to my and some other guys experiences.

I'm using Win7 64bit quadcore, but aikonen has got a very similar system as yours- i wonder he's affected and you're not... well, computers. Got their own mind.

Well it may be either the crack, or the patches that could have messed it up. I downloaded a version that didn't include the expanion and i haven't applied any patches to it.

Dragous, Undefined, 13 years ago