Alien Prequels retcon AVP out of continuity

tashux22, Undefined, 13 years ago

The Alien Prequels are going to retcon the AVP movies out of continuity, AVP & AVPR made too much plotholes.

One of the important things about the Aliens franchise was that subconscious fear of the Aliens actually ever making it to Earth. Then, AvP comes out and all of the sudden there they are, on our planet, no big deal, and all of the fears that Ripley had (in the future) of this horrible creature loose on Earth.

its very hard to say AVP is a Prequel.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 13 years ago

Yeah, well. Yeah. I don't know what to say to this, because i completely agree. Unknown alien species that Ripley fights not to get to Earth - JOKE'S ON HER IT WAS ON EARTH ALL ALONG! Unknown alien species that the strongest human representatives fight to keep away from harming humanity - JOKE'S ON THEM, THEY ACTUALLY BUILT HUMANITY!

the_doctor, Undefined, 13 years ago

Havn't we had this topic already? oh no that was about "Predators". sure make ungrounded comments. jeez. Tell me how exactly any alien prequel would retcon AvP WITHOUT directly saying so?

tashux22, Undefined, 13 years ago

AVP movies were poor prequels nothing but making money for the hell of it.

The Alien prequels are going to fix everything the AVP movies ruined, I'm happy the Alien prequels are not gonna have anything to do with the AVP movies.

Mebber, Undefined, 13 years ago

Sounds like a pipe dream. Even if the new alien movies will be great, and it isn't sure they will be, that would have nothing to do with avp. And they wouldn't make the avp movies non-canon.

Strictly speaking, avp has its own canon, and scott never made an avp movie. So he has no right to entitle something as avp canon or not after all. And believe me, i would love to see the avp movies non-canon. But i can't imagine how this could be achieved by new alien movies, as good as they're might be(come).

By the way, i do think this whole canon-thing is absurd anyway. Just believe what you like and ignore what you hate, no one is forcing you to accept the avp movies as canon. It's a story, nothing more, just use your own fantasy and enjoy it...

DeathWraith, Undefined, 13 years ago

What Mebber is trying to say is that the AvP movies will not become non-cannon becausen they already are non-cannon.

Shadowwall, Undefined, 13 years ago

god bless the prequels

WarBlade, Undefined, 13 years ago

Well I think they should wait until another great director decideds to do another avp since the last one was so fucked up. I really hate the guys who directed AVPR I really HATE them!