Predator

shadowatching, Undefined, 14 years ago

What do you all think of the predator hound?

I think it has too much of those sharp bones in the face. but it looks creepy, retarded but creepy.

cleticyautja, Undefined, 14 years ago

i really dont get how it will bite something without those horns getting stuck in the meat.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 14 years ago

I think we're gonna have something to talk about.

Untitled.png

I'm more interested in that mask really. It looks like a fucking airplane.

predatoress, Undefined, 14 years ago

Cletic - I wonder the same thing. But I think sabertooth must had same problem when looking at their skull, the jaw just don't really open that wide so I don't know weather they bit or janked the teeth in the prey.

but if you look at it face on, it looks like a skull....like a human skull...Well the rendition i seen.

Gods, I am glad to get out of that corset and in to meh clothing. Weddings! ICK!

Survivor, Undefined, 14 years ago

Why would a predator need a hound.

Because they like puppies? They probably have senses what preds don't have (eg. sense of smell) so they can track down prey.

TDN, Undefined, 14 years ago

Yeah but the question is why do they need it? For humans I understand as we have quite a limited vision. But Predators see everything, especially when they're hunting humans. There's no hiding against Predator (unless your name is Dutch) so why do they need hounds for?

to confuse us?

Probably because they are like wolves, they helped the Indians with their problems as limited as we were. Now, the preds have some kind of limitation

what is the limitation, is the actual question we should be asking ourselves.

As i've said before, these predators have a different hunting style, so it's probably a different tribe/clan with different hunting habbits. I actually never understood why humans need a hound for duck hunting.

They have thermal vision, but can they track down prey several hours after the prey have gone through some area without other traces than scent? Dogs are amazing to follow even several weeks old traces, and as you said, thermal sense have some difficulties. With the enthusiasm of a dog you find the prey even you would be blind. That thing looked more like angry pitbull tho so maybe they just like to scare their prey/rip them apart with using animals? Never know until we see the movie lol

On duckhunt dog retrieves them as humans are too lazy to swim and have limited ability to find the prey in hard terrain. Other dogs are bred to scare birds to fly as they tend to duck to the ground and therefore are invisible to men.

In duck hunt, i always shot the friggin thing, never saw a reason for it. It was a game.

but, yea that's all true what pred said about the dogs and duck hunts

S.W.

Hunter_Predator, Undefined, 14 years ago

Not entirely sure what you mean by the hound unless you're referring to the one with an extra set of mandable (seemingly) pointing forward from the chin. If thats him, I dont like the look, I really like the original, recognizable 4 mandable big forehead look, its far more realistic, believeable, and freightening, it also makes it look more humanoid and less.......beast, monster whatever, which is just another point to add to the terrifying feel.

I think I already dislike the predator in "Predators" as well, not only does the helmet look bulky, which I understand that not all preds have the classic look, as shown in Pred 2 every predator has a unique helmet and sometimes they are rather huge and bulky so I understand why they would give one to this predator, but in my opinion, any specific main character preds should stick with a helm thats close to the old one, they can go as far away as maybe Celtic from AvP but for the most part stick with something close to the classic, it looks the best and isnt so costumey and "are you kidding?" like.

But the main thing I think I dislike, was shown in the very screenshot that was posted up... the fricking Aliens. I know that Aliens vs Predator is what truly made Aliens and Predators famous, but anymore you can't see one without the other, the game "Predator Concrete Jungle" I was excited, a Predator game without aliens in it, just good old Predators hunting humans, I get to the end and aliens start crawling around....crap, and I accepted that, its a game, okay, but now the movies too? no....no no if its a Predator movie it should be a predator movie, not another AvP. In my opinion, we need a Predator film with NO aliens, and another ALien film with NO Predators. Think about it, if they made an alien movie, they couldnt have preds, the only way to include a pred is by having one come onto the ship that they're on, therefore spawning an AvP, so any new Alien films cannot have a predator, therefore we need a Predator film with no aliens, period.

Okay I'm done ranting... apologies.

~EDIT~
Okay I took a closer look at the image and video its from and realize now that it isnt a Xenomorph (thank god) however I'm going to leave my post as is so people still see how I look at that idea. So that people still see my rant and reasons behind it. Again, apologies...

But you lose if you shoot the dog... Should be an AvP 3 minigame where you can hunt humans that fly like those ducks and a hound grabs them when they fall.

Tam, Undefined, 14 years ago

is the predator hound some kind of alien turned predator while still in its predator host?

and where did you guys get that picture from?

OK guys First I'm sorry for double posting.
Second I have found the Answer to Hunter_Predator's problem:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1424381/

Hunter_Predator, Undefined, 14 years ago

Thanks for the link, but in all honesty I followed it to the site but, I have no idea what I'm supposed to be looking for here...

What the hell are y'all ranting about xenomorphs here? This is Predators, a movie from the Predator franchise, get your heads out of the ass that is the AvP franchise and start making sense.

cleticyautja, Undefined, 14 years ago

the script was leaked out on the internet somewhere and i couldnt help but read it and its all starting to make sense if they go for the alternative ending i can see why they r using the hounds.-this wont make any sense but i aint giving away spoilers.

Celtic the whole point of this thread is to talk about the subject and SHARE information about it.
So que spoilers...

Celtic, its common sense now aobut the hounds.

If you have the script please share it, if not...well..