Could Dutch or Harrigan repeat history?

black_warrior, Yautja, 14 years ago

While in TDN's topic about whether or not The USCM would be able to fare well against a pred, I thought of my own idea, and a question to you all.

Harrigan and Dutch were the only humans, in the predator movies, to have been known to defeat a yautja.(two of the most skilled yautja from the movies we've seen)
Now, from this victory, yautja's honor code would honor the human, and call him a warrior or something of the sort.

But suppose, for some reason, Dutch or Harrigan ran across another yautja and were stalked/attacked.(supposing that the honor was unknown to that yautja(badblood?))

Do you think that Dutch or Harrigan could repeat history, and once again defeat a yautja? Explain.

(I have a few ideas on this myself, but Ill present them and reasons why, later in the topic once I've gotten some responses.)

Mebber, Yautja, 14 years ago

Hard to answer. Depends on the Yautja, i think.

As you said, the Predators defeated by Harrigan and Dutch were quite mighty. Thats a proof of Dutch & Harrigans skills, so i think, generally, they could repeat their victory.

But if the predator is aware of the threat given by the two, he might decide to use more of his tech-weapons, or just act a bit more carefully. I mean, the preds always think of the humans as a weak prey, so surprise (how strong they were) might be a factor in Dutch & Harrigans success.

Besides, i'm not that familiar with the yautja codex. Is it forbidden to a pred to hunt a prey which still proofed his honor by defeating another pred?

TDN, Yautja, 14 years ago

Like Mebber said, it depends a great amount on the Predator. If they were to fight someone like the first Predator again and it didn't play around like it did with Dutch, they might very well lose. But if they face someone like Chopper or Celtic then they probably have a high chance of winning considering how reckless and stupid those two were. Actually Dutch would have a good chance (not definite) against the second Predator as well

Actually for me personally, I only consider the first Predator and Dutch as skilled and resourceful. The second Predator relies too much on his tech (he seriously pulls out a new weapon each encounter) and Harrigan beat him by getting lucky and got his hand on the Predator's own weapon. So Harrigan's a bit more difficult since I can't quite measure his skill level.

BloodHarpy, Yautja, 14 years ago

How do you guys think Dutch would fare against Scar, and how would Harrigan fare against Wolf?

Mebber, Yautja, 14 years ago

Without any doubt, Dutch would kick Scar's ass.

About Harrigan and Wolf, i think Wolf would be the winner.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 14 years ago

I don't know if Dutch could outsmart Scar, but hand to hand he may be able to beat him...

Anyway, i can't say how well Dutch and Harrigan would do against another predator, but they would have the advantage of knowing how they work in general, so they may very well be able to set a working trap for him.

IceNeko, Yautja, 14 years ago

What if it was Scar vs Harrigan and Dutch vs Wolf? Scar would win and Wolf would win, now change the table Dutch vs Scar Dutch might win and Harrigan vs Wolf, Wolf would easily win that fight.

How about the other two Celtic and Chopper?

DeathWraith, Yautja, 14 years ago

I think Scar and Harrigan would become friends and the fight between Dutch and Wolf would last until they both got bored and went home.

Karo, Yautja, 14 years ago

This is one of those questions that has like a million variables, such as how long after the first encounter is this? I mean they barely made it out alive the first time, how old are they now? lol Kinda blows that Laurence Fishburn got the role written for Arnold in the new movie, or at least that's how I heard it has gone.

WarBlade, Yautja, 13 years ago

Arnold didn't even wanna be in the movie plus no one would watch it if her was in the movie since he became the Governor and stuff kinda went down south after he took office. Laurence Fishburn is a great actor in my opinion.