AvP Refused Classification in Aus.

_Zwecky_, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

"SEGA Australia can today confirm that the initial submission of Aliens vs Predator has been Refused Classification by the Classification Operations Board of Australia. We will continue to investigate all options available to us, including the possibility of appeal."

Unfortunate news for all those living in Australia, including myself.

Also, Rebellion has replied by saying they will not release and edited version of the game to suit Australian classification.

"Rebellion is disappointed that its upcoming title Aliens vs. Predator has been banned in Australia. However, as we understand the law in that country the authorities had no choice as we agree strongly that our game is not suitable for game players who are not adults.

The content of AvP is based on some of the most innovative and iconic horror movies, and as such we wanted to create a title that was true to the source material. It is for adults, and it is bloody and frightening, that was our intent. We will not be releasing a sanitized or cut down version for territories where adults are not considered by their governments to be able to make their own entertainment choices."

So if you live in Aus, it looks like you will have to import the game if an appeal is not accepted by the classification board.

Auto_Pred, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

I live in Aus as well, and I'm absolutely gutted about this, I really hate our government. What do they mean by "appeal" anyway? Rebellion have already confirmed that there not releasing a censored version for Australian gamers, so what else could this mean? And yeah I'll be importing the game from either New Zealand or the UK; considering they are both PAL formatted country's since I'm going with the Xbox 360 version..

Leandros88, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

No offense to you Aussies( you know i love y'all) but you're government sucks ass! first Fallout 3, then L4D2 and now AVP!!!! those Fucking Bastards!!!!!!! go and tell them to fuck off and let democracy take it's turn!

Gaunt, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

What are they gonna do next? Give you AVP where they fight each other with pillows and have 20 minute breaks inbetween?

No offence to anyone!!! =L

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

That'll teach you to live in Malus Land.

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

You wise-guys may think this is some sort of joke, but the need to defend the children of the world from sadistic filth such as this is no laughing matter.

You crazy youths may think buying into this sort of violence will make you "groovy" like that Howard Stern fellow, but ask yourselves: What videogames would Jesus play?

If the fine people of Australia don't fight back, what's next? Children could get their hands on plasma casters, or try to head-bite their schoolmates. The last thing we need in these dark times is one more teen facehugging, by crikey!

TribalWerewolf9, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

you just blew my mind with that speach of yours, but seriously, no AVP game?

Tazaraki, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

I've heard about the banning of some games in aus....but this is just ridiculous. :| And to think, i was going to tell a friend in aus to buy the game.

Game companies should sue the ausfag government because banning games encourages piracy.

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

Is it because the facehugger kind of looks like a stingr-

On second thought, no. I'm not opening THAT can of worms.

lilwreker, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

thats got to suck ass man and it would cost a bit of money to get from usa of somewhere.

I'm pretty sure that a game being illegal in a country doesn't mean you can just conveniently buy it from another country and get away with it. Unless the law system is retarded.

TribalWerewolf9, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

truth be told i dont know if there is a law about that

the_doctor, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

not suprising. but it is fairly easy to get banned games imported. my mate just got the uncensored version of L4D2 from the UK I think. as far as i know owning the game is not illegal, the refusal of classification just means its illeagal to publish and sell the game.

Auto_Pred, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

Hitler's not happy about this, XD..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcCNmWd19z4

RESURRECTION, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

''The content of AvP is based on some of the most innovative and iconic horror movies, and as such we wanted to create a title that was true to the source material. It is for adults, and it is bloody and frightening, that was our intent. We will not be releasing a sanitized or cut down version for territories where adults are not considered by their governments to be able to make their own entertainment choices."
''

very well said rebellion, it is ridiculous that this can even happen, the government police state trying to tell responsible adults what they can or cannot view/play, that is the very purpose of 18 certificates, the only word for it is RIDICULOUS.

Only scary AvP was AvP1 and i don't believe this will live up to its awesomeness.

the_doctor, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

well this is excellent news

FireHunter, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

I swear I had an orgasm when I read that it wasn't banned..