Will anyone actually give a damn about 'Predators'

the_doctor, Yautja, 14 years ago

Ok, remember the days where every Predator fan was "OMG they need to stop making AVP and make Pred 3". Well now they are and no one seems to actually care. myself included.

Now im interested why the fan base has changed in such a way, why do we seem so disinterested. now will the general public actually care either? how excited are people going to get about a franchise with what i'll describe as a 'hit 'n' miss' past.

so i guess what im saying is...how excited is everyone about Predators?

....or am i just missing everyone's enthusiatic discussions about the film

DeathWraith, Yautja, 14 years ago

For me, the new AvP game is much more exciting than both new Alien and Predator movies. And also because movies like The Dark Knight and District 9 have raised the bar so much for me when it comes to what a good movie means, that i don't really think i'm gonna like these so much anyway. And ALSO because after the Predalien... i really don't wanna know what else they can come up with.

"ALSO because after the Predalien... i really don't wanna know what else they can come up with"

a fair enough point and id agree if it was the normal no namers at FOX, but with this we have a new team i guess you could say. unless your comment refers to all movie producers

Have you read that article about the script for Predators? They seem to be coming up with things that i don't wanna know about. And for the Alien movie... it's a prequel... I'm still afraid of prequels after Cube 0.

TDN, Yautja, 14 years ago

It's the same problem that they have with most well established franchises. Right now both the Alien and Predator franchises are at a point where the mythos had been expanded enough that trying to reveal more (stuff like Predator's homeworld, culture etc) will as most would say "taking away the mystery". Adding nothing would give us the same movie as Predator 1 and 2. They could always add more things like more kinds of Predators but after seeing the Predalien we all know how that's going to turn out. Right now they're in a situation where they can't add anything and can't add nothing. Probably why no matter what this movie does it's going to dissapoint fans one way or another.

Leandros88, Yautja, 14 years ago

well on one hand it's a movie about a group of badass alien hunters hunting humans with cool awesome gadgets.

on the other hand

AVP2.

nuff said.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 14 years ago

I'm as excited about this as I am for Activision's Call of Duty 7.

Which by the way is not very much but I'll still pay for both anyway. ...Granted that they don't go back to World War II. We all know the game's going to be about zombies anyway. Those fuckers.

"I'm still afraid of prequels after Cube 0"

im surprised anyone kept watching after hypercube

Well i liked Hypercube. Cos i just... like hypercubes and the idea of them. But i didn't actually watch Cube 0, i just saw a bit of it and it was awful and didn't wanna remember it ever existed.

Nick_Kang_20, Yautja, 14 years ago

@Bloo: COD7 is most likely about the Vietnam War :P

Anyways, I feel that its better that the Predators movie is not hyped up. Zero expectations = Zero disappointments

thelifecycle, Yautja, 14 years ago

personally i'd see the aliens win for once instead of the humans.
i mean in both preds and alien films it's the humans that always win even in avp and requiem i'd just like to see another species win for once pred or alien.

xeno_95, Yautja, 14 years ago

I've been waiting for another predator movie as soon as I finished watching the second AvP and have great hopes for this one, though I hope that it doesn't take a digger like some sequels such as Alien Ressurection, that one messed up big time.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 14 years ago

@Nick: If that's true then I most likely will buy it. The A.I. better be cruel and aggressive.

predatoress, Yautja, 14 years ago

I think you can't exploit one idea too many times. Like TDN said explaining things further and further makes you lose the interest, especially in scifi/horror movies where half of the movie is based on the unknown.

really we all lost interest in predator because of one so-so AvP film and crap one (even though i enjoy AvP-R). jeez in losing faith in this fan base :P

that said AvP-R pretty much killed the good discussion on this forum single handedly

Deathdrop, Yautja, 14 years ago

Where else could they go with it without another "let's run from the monster" formula?

Leandros88, Yautja, 14 years ago

ok then,screw the let's run from the monster idea, how bout the human race finds the predator home planet and attacks it with full force and nuclear weapons, the preds are in complete disarray and launch one final desperate defence. sounds good to me no? oh and about predators, it's not being made by uwe boll (i refuse to capitalize his name) so i might go see it.

shadowatching, Yautja, 14 years ago

not sure if anyone already mentioned this or not. But maybe, because of all the hype they carried on for with the 2 avp movies....litterally made us to the point, that a new pred movie, won't make it any better....hell, might make it worse. I for one am looking forward to it, just haven't had the time to keep in touch with a few sources on it.....as well as look for updates....

But personally, I am hoping they bring it back up to where it should be....

Or how about a 6 seconds long movie where the humans explode the preds' planet?

shadowatching, Yautja, 14 years ago

I would like more explosions, then the 6 seconds.

I heard, there is more to the plot then they are giving anyway. Hey, I did mention this a while back. I believe in...Balatu's clan room. -shrug- don't have proof of what I said. Hell, it went along the lines of "Predator home planet, with people on it to see if they can survive" but meh -shrug-

WaffleElite, Yautja, 14 years ago

My thoughts on this movie are the same as what I expected for AVP and Requiem before they came out - the plot and general ideas of the movie are going to be ****ing TERRIBLE beyond words, but the action is going to be worth it.

That's about it. We know it's going to be stupid, but whatever, the fighting should make for an entertaining movie and that's all we can expect from directors these days with these franchises.