A/P/AvP Card Game

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 14 years ago

I've had some free time today and on one of my random net browsing trips I found a collector of the old avp card game released back in 1997, the idea kind of caught my eye, so I figured I'd design and make up my own card(s) and maybe an online game, lol dunno how much real time I want to devote to this, but I did make one card so far.

Opinions? Anyone see this as a worth wild endeavor?

awcard.jpg

-Bloo-, Yautja, 14 years ago

The idea of an actual card game wasn't so great in my opinion, but the cards were pretty cool anyway.

I'd say we could all make our own cards, but I'm not even going to touch the idea of making or own game.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 14 years ago

I think you have a regular drone thar, not a warrior.

Pred_Killer, Yautja, 14 years ago

Drone is a Male Alien, Warrior is the Alien type birthed from Humans. BTW I don't think that Pred Aliens should be called 'Pred Aliens', we don't call human spawned Aliens 'Huma Aliens' do we? Alien Berserker, or Alien Juggernaut is a more proper term.

"Drone is a Male Alien, Warrior is the Alien type birthed from Humans."

Uh... no. Drone is young xenomorph, Warrior is the grown up Drone.

Of course, those are both just theories. But it is more commonly accepted that Aliens, apart from the Queen, are genderless, so you should know you won't get too convincing when you start calling any of them males.

I guess I'm going to piss a lot of people off with my Gorilla Alien card. It's holographic!...

Actually I'll probably just end up making cards for all that stuff that was in the AVP games. Yeah, that means... Ravagers. But don't get too excited, I might not even do any of them. While writing this post I remembered I still have like three sigs to do so... yeah.

Namicole, Yautja, 14 years ago

I like them, To tell you the truth, I'd probably buy like packs of 15 for $2.00

Thats reasonable RIGHT!?

It's better than the five dollar packs that came with like seven Pokemon cards...

Of course, those are both just theories. But it is more commonly accepted that Aliens, apart from the Queen, are genderless.

Just because something is more commonly accepted doesn't make it true.

Of course it doesn't make it true, because it doesn't exist. That's why they're just THEORIES!

@Killer: Yet there's a reason one theory is more commonly accepted than another.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 14 years ago

You guys obviously know nothing about AvP. The true canon, in-continuity name for every type of Xenomorph is "Acid-spewing penis-headed monsters from SPAAAAAAACE!"

ANd one of the preds is called pussyface, so it kind of fits.

So you're saying that in canon, either Aliens fuck Predators, or Predators eat Aliens?

See, their heads don't just LOOK like sexual organs. They ARE their sexual organs. It's the nastiest blowjob you've ever seen. I mean, I'd assume. I've never seen this sort of thing. No sir.

... For those of you who think this is just a joke, consider this: Preds apparently give birth through their mouths, and Aliens keep a "rigid stabbing weapon" in their's.

Oh, shit. That means the Predalien is cannon.

...TAKE COVER

Edit: I now have something new to talk about in my RPG posts. No longer is it only penis taking, no, no.

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 14 years ago

Well I Appreciate the hijacking and total destruction of my simple topic, thank you.

Anyways, I made another one:

predv2card.jpg

Heh. Sorry about that.

Any idea how the game would work? I like the descriptions of the special abilities you give them; if you haden't told me you made them, I'd have assumed they were official.

It'd be cool to see a card for acid. Or a net. Like, they both slow down an enemy or something.

Make one of Pred Killer.

Health-100
Attack-500
Defense-100
Height-8'
Weight-540 lbs
Weapons-Acid
When in battle, he goes into a rage mode, increasing his attack.

So anyway, I was thinking: Will this be including human characters?

There could be a scenery card. Like a jungle. Play that one while a Predator's out and it increases their defense by ten.