Things that are "canon" that shouldn't be

Deathdrop, Yautja, 14 years ago

Are there any "canon" elements in the A/P universe that you wish weren't?

I'll get the ones everyone is thinking out of the way right off the bat: Predalien face-fucking and the Newborn.

Namicole, Yautja, 14 years ago

Yeah, the face fuckign was pretty retarded.

I don't think that even Predators should be able to fuck up the Egg Sack so Chestbursters are born like 5 minutes after impregnation, like seriouselly?

DeathWraith, Yautja, 14 years ago

I don't mind the Newborn so much as to not wanting it in the canon, i just hate how it looks and behaves. But i'd rather not consider both AvP movies canon than have to take the second one. It was just stupid how they mutilated not only the idea of predalien, but of Warrior also, introducing their stupid "black facehuggers".

-Bloo-, Yautja, 14 years ago

That adult-sized Chestburster in Alien 3. What the hell was up with that?

While we're on the subject of what should be canon or not, I honestly believe Praetorians and Kings would fit well into the cycle. To fit they would have to be done right, and I'm not entirely sure how to do that myself.

Pred_Killer, Yautja, 14 years ago

I would assume 'King' would probably just be a loose term for a mature or older male alien/drone. And as for me. I like the AvP films, I just prefer them to remain in separate continuity to the original franchises.

Sam-Jack-Dunn, Yautja, 14 years ago

The whole Concrete Jungle storyline. Seriously, WTF?

Good storyline, but definitely not canon material no siree.

predator428, Yautja, 14 years ago

The adult burster in Alien 3 can actually be explained. When a burster is implanted in a host, it goes about its development growing and growing until it runs out of room in the chest cavity. Once it has grown too big for the host to contain it, it breaks out. If you are going by the ox scene, obviously bigger then a human, this shows that a chestburster will develop further before emerging from its host if it has enough room to grow.

On topic: That damn scene when the facehugger broke Kane's helmet, what's up with that?

And some dog breeds are actually larger and stronger than most men athletes.

Sam-Jack-Dunn, Yautja, 14 years ago

We;ve got a rottweiler at home - they're SOLID as!

Plenty of room in there.

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 14 years ago

"That damn scene when the facehugger broke Kane's helmet, what's up with that?"

That was a scene shot in reverse and then played back at about 5x the normal speed, that’s what is up with it. I know it’s a bit dodgy, but I'd say that when the face hugger first jumped out at Kane and landed on his helmet, it then needed to use a tiny bit of acid to break through and get at his face, that might explain why in the ship its attached to his face, while when it first jumps on him its only on his helmet.

And DeathDrop what the hell!? You can't get rid of the newborn! Then I couldn't say GUT THE NEWBORN no more.

^I can't believe it. We're making our own memes now.

So weird stuff. Uh... the chestburster was explained I guess. So, what's up with the Dogalien's vision?

DeathWraith, Yautja, 14 years ago

Well, i'm glad that's been resolved.

What about the runner's vision in Alien 3? I don't really remember how it was other than just a normal-ish vision. Did it have the fish-eye effect that you get in the AvP1 game when you play as Alien? Because i don't remember, i should rewatch.

How dare you call it a Runner!

I say 'games' shouldn't be canon. They defile the Aliens with their retarded nicknames (except Alien Warrior) I think a more proper term would be 'Alien Beast', as it can come from anything ranging from a small dog to a large oxen and still be beastly as hell! XP

MrXeno, Yautja, 14 years ago

People can call that xeno for canis lupus familiaris cuteius xenomorphious (lol, i made that up) or Fido for all i care.

But people would know what you're talking about by simply using the nickname 'runner'...

I really don't care what they call it. I was just being facetious. Anyway... canon or not canon: AvP movies, not canon.

hey guys lets call warriors ravagers <<<<3

Anyway... what the hell was I going to talk about?

I don't think Preds should be portrayed as being the stronger, faster, tougher, stealthier, and more technically advanced.

So, you are saying that the predators themselves shouldn't be canon? Because what you described is basically what they are.

No, I'm saying give some of those to the Aliens so they're even, it isn't fair to them. I felt in 'Alien' that it was some fucking nigh unstoppable killing machine that we couldn't hope to ever remotely understand with ease. I just don't see Preds hunting something that inferior to them, it wouldn't be 'sportsmanlike' ;-)

Well, I guess that is why xenos are just the starting prey for young preds looking to join the big leagues.