Aliens Colonial Marines? Or Aliens vs. Predator?

ChrisP, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

Which one are you most looking forward to? It's hard to say for me as I like both concepts and I can't wait for both. I have a feeling though that AVP3 will follow closely to the basis of the previous PC released AVP and AVP2. I think Aliens CM will bring something new to the table, so for that I will say Aliens COlonial Marines.

What do you guys think?

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

I'm excited for both, but being the guy on top is what I'm most excited about. That guy's the Predator.

...I'm under the impression that I've already met you. ACM forum?

predator428, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

I'm leaning more towards AvP3. I don't think the colonial marines are interesting enough to stand on their own battling aliens when AvP throws in predators as well. Due to the obvious favoring of AvP over A:CM, along with a lack of any sort of updates on its details, leads me to believe that it will just be a standard squad shooter.

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

I think it was stupid if them to release ACM after AVP3. People are going to assume it's the same thing, but without Predators (which it isn't).

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

Definitely AvP3. As i've said before, i preffer a game here i can be an alien to a game where i just kill them. I was very excited about Colonial Marines because it's been pretty long since the last good game concerning aliens was released, but then AvP3 came all over my chest and face and down my throat and washed off all that excitement because when i have AvP3 i'll probably forget about Aliens:CM anyway.

Gaunt, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

AVP3!!! =D

I was so happy when I heard about It because unlike the rest of you I haven't had the pleasure of getting the game or playing It.

=L ...

@ -bloo-,

Yeah, i'm on the ACM Forum, what's your username there? I'm a member of: Alien Experience, AVP Galaxy, AVP Freaks, AVP Extermination, AliensvsPredator.net, ALienscolonialmarines.net, AVP2.com (here), AVP World and AVPOE.com. Along with runing my own AVP Site at AVP Spectrum. But yeah, I wouldn't be suprised if I met you at ACM forum, I was like in the top 3-4 to first join that site. My username is the same on every forum, so it's easy to notice me like this. But yeah, let me know who you are from ACM so I can match a name to a..... uh..... face? haha.

@ everyone else, I guess AVP3 is taking this vote by storm eh? Do you think AVP 3 will bring anything new to the franchises? I mean there is confirmation of new wepaons for the MArines and some ALien aspects that are new, like dragging hosts, grappling. SOunds fun, but ACM I have a feeling will shock the fans, just because it has been in the works longer and it's different than the convetional Rebellion AVP FPS.

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

Well so far i've seen at last a good predator heat vision, the ones from AvP and AvP2 were disappointing, so i was happy to see that they made it right this time. What i don't like so far is the dual wristblades, because hasn't that been done hundreds of times before? The Predator doesn't need dual wristblades, seriously. I also don't like the jumping system they made for the Predator, i like jumping myself, not letting the game jump for me. And i also don't like how the pred shoves his wristblades into the skull when doing a "trophy kill". The old way of getting trophies was much more fun in my opinion, but yeah, this will be more realistic-like. So there are obviously many things new to AvP games that this one is going to have.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

@ChrisP: Hei Gui on the ACM forums. I'm pretty cool here too. There are probably less opportunities to make pedo jokes here, though.

And I usually only use one username on the internet, too (this one), aside from ACM (and aLp, but over there it's mostly for jokes).

Haha, nice. Well good to see members form all other sites here to.

Anyone form AVP Freaks? AVP Galaxy? Alien Experience?

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

Heh. Hopefully some people from over there will come here and we can get some life back in this place.

This place is still alive from what I can tell.

But yeah, never hurts to get more members.

Pred_Killer, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

Colonial Marines.

Reason

1) I already know the Alien is going to get nerfed before they release, to make it appealing to Pred Fans because that is what a majority of the fanbase is, unfortunately, this is the reason I hated the whole AVP concept in the first place, unless it were going to make both species equal in strength, speed, and intelligence, which it isn't, we all know this, and...

2) I have been waiting for something leaning towards the original Alien series for so long, I was expecting it to be a Movie, yet here they are coming out with this badass game, that 'looks' as though it won't be belittling the Aliens this time around... hopefully.