Alien Resurrection Question

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 14 years ago

Why were there no other aliens in the queen's chamber to defend her against general attack as well as that crazy little guy we all know and love; aka the newborn? Its arguable on how strong the newborn actually was, but I'm sure if a couple of drones witness the act, they’d cut him to shreds.

delta-boy, Yautja, 14 years ago

I thought the whole hive was there by the looks of it, like that scene where the Drone is carrying Ripley through the mass of fleshie Xenos. As for the Newborn attacking the Queen, maybe they where not used to something so sudden and powerful wiping out there beloved mummy with a swipe of its claw. The shock alone mentally might of driven the drones into a mass of in coherent rampage, Or chilled them to the very bone that a different creature presumed its authority and that willed them down.

Although we know Xenos are very Hive like, they where ab normal due to that there Queen came from Ripley - so maybe they responded different as of there traits showed in the film.

That sounds the most plausible to me Delta. I think Alien Rez. would have been a much better movie if the ending was; Ripley escaping and the newborn being torn apart by a pack of very pissed off drones.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 14 years ago

Personally i don't think they would care. I don't think the Queen expected it, and so the drones didn't expect it either. Once the Queen was dead, they got to what they were going to do out of instinct, which was to try making a new Queen. I don't think the drones would see a reason to fight eachother if one of them killed the Queen, i mean she's dead, what can you do? They're not emotionally tied to her, only mentally.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 14 years ago

^That. And also, I think a better ending would've been the Newborn, uh... not being there.

Actually, the Newborn could have worked. It really could have.

AVP also could have worked.

Pred_Killer, Yautja, 14 years ago

GUT THE NEWBORN!!!!!!

>.>

Deathdrop, Yautja, 14 years ago

^ Well, you kind of got your wish at the end when it's guts were literally sucked out of it.

I was just referencing to the good ol Gut the Newborn movement this site had going a few years back, but all in all the Newborn was very creative, a nice little twist at the end. As a standalone movie Resurrection was pretty original, not as an Alien film.

Oh my God! Pred_Killer your my new favorite person.

Hahaha, I completely remember the good old "GUT THE NEWBORN" thread! I believe we even had siggys made for the occasion. And I do believe Black_Warrior was sporting a newborn signature, made by Nick Kang, I think that’s what sparked the GTN thread in the first place....lol awesome.

Haha, that just put a massive smile on my face.

EDIT

Oh, and just for old time sake:

GUT THE NEWBORN!!!!!!!

thats going in my epic quotes section.

Yeah over the course of 5 years I remember that trend the best, oh, and Donut and her two tails. =P

Dude, you were here before I turned into the SS Sub-leader. You were probably here before Ash turned leadership over to Angus.

What else do you remember? I heard there was a noob war or something. Like this guy with two accounts arguing with himself... and a temporary ban on signature images.

...This is like time traveling to the past, or reading a brief history of a forgotten land.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 14 years ago

This is pretty much the best thing ever.

Oh yeah I remember both of those. I lol'd. BTW, don't you miss the good 'ol days. Good times. -gets a dreamy look-like on his face.-

I just had to make this:

gtn.png

Epic.

Is that a silhouette of that stalker guy outside your window, standing just off to the right?