AvP 1's "Chariots of the Predators" idea

Deathdrop, Yautja, 14 years ago

So, what do we all think of the idea put forward in the first AvP that the Preds were the ones who first showed humans how to use tools, do math, etc.?

Sam-Jack-Dunn, Yautja, 14 years ago

Few problems with this:

1- Humans first evolved in Africa, not Antarctica.

2- The earliest known civilization was in Iraq. Pretty damned far from Antarctica.

3- It's known that the next oldest civilization, the Egyptians, are descended from these Iraqis. Egypt's a lot closer to Iraq than Antarctica.

4- Aw, c'mon. Give humanity some credit for its accomplisments.

Good to see I'm not the only one who didn't like it, then.

I like the idea of Predators through history and all, and don't mind them maybe being the inspiration for a few myths, but the idea that they were the ones who started humans on the path to civilization always seemed a little... Off.

For the reasons Sam described above, and because it makes no sense on the Pred's part. Considering how crazy they're supposed to be about covering their tracks, you'd think they'd be a little less inclined to give some backwards-ass primates the keys to society.

"I've got it! Let's go to Earth, give the locals the ability to do math and grow crops and stuff, force them to build us giant shapeshifting temples, and demand that they sacrifice themselves as hosts to the Xenos so we have something to get killed by during our manhood rituals."

That and there's also the issue of Antartica being free of ice millions of years BEFORE humans, making it impossible for them to have been around then.

Not to mention the fact that Predators are supposed to be secretive.

Would they REALLY lower themselves to the level of HELPING a bunch of primitives?

^ That's the main problem with it. Preds don't strike me as charitable types. There's a lot to be done with the "Predators through history" concept (as "Bloody Sands of Time" proved), but why does every alien race seem to care so much about humans and Earth?

To me, that's what made Xenos and Preds so scary: They don't give two shits about humanity. The Preds think we're fun to shoot at and the Aliens have a thing about face-rape, but beyond that, they don't care.

Ellesa_Cooper, Yautja, 14 years ago

Yea, very far fetched idea that the predators would go out of their way to help humanity. I can see how the idea could spawn, though. Perhaps they saw potential in the human race and wanted to make us a for formidable opponent? But even still, why would they teach us math and how to build? Doesn't add up.

I rather like the idea that in lore, they were often mistaken to be demons or vengeful ghosts. Not the precursors of math and architecture ><

Besides, screw those movies! I think I pissed off everyone around me in that theater. I was ranting and raving the entire time. Those movies are, mostly, full of crap! Especially the time setting. There were no space marines! Wtf!

WE WANT MARINES NEXT TIME!

Ellesa_Cooper, Yautja, 14 years ago

Oh! But no. Instead they gave us fail treasure hunters and a city full of idiots. I don't care if the Coast Guard or the Army (I forget which) was there! I wanted SPACE MARINES! Oorah.

If they make a 3rd movie as horrible, I think I'll cry.

Tissues are standing by.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 14 years ago

The problem with space marines is that no one takes them seriously anymore.

^ They're in everything now. Aliens is probably the single most ripped-off sci-fi movie of all time.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 14 years ago

Not gonna comment due to the utter stupidity of the statement that the earliest known civilization was Iraq, which blew my mind. I'm sorry Malus, but this was Leeroy Jenkins stupidity right there. The earliest known civilization was the mesopotamian civilization in Sumer, not Iraq, and it's not the same thing, Sumer was only about one fifth of Iraq. And that civilization is dead, Iraq is a completely different thing.

^ I assumed he meant it began in part of what is now known as Iraq. He probably could have worded it better, but I got what he meant.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 14 years ago

I know what he meant, but the way he said it was STOOPID.

Well anyway, i've said before that i think the idea of predators teaching humans how to build and everything is stupid, as if humans were some retards who couldn't figure out putting one block over the other.

That's what always made me skeptical of the whole "ALiens built the pyraminds" thing (besides the idea that aliens built the fucking pyraminds, I mean) Why couldn't they give us something useful, like, say, running water?

cleticyautja, Yautja, 14 years ago

well the preds didnt help the humans for free,and also we dont even know if preds know maths but again if they did i hate them for that

That was too clear.

Please, make it in failglish so I can understand.

They don't know math? Dude, they fly around in spaceships.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 14 years ago

I once asked a Predator if he could help me on this math problem. I followed him into his home and woke up seven hours later to one cop beating the shit out of said Predator and another cop telling me that everything will be alright. It also felt like there was a condom stuck up somewhere and my head was fucking killing me.

And you know I still don't know if Predators know math or not.

So, pyramids.

Can't see why a pred would go for something like a pyramid. Surely they'd have something more...subtle.