Alien prequel-Scott's return?

Deathdrop, Yautja, 14 years ago

Well, that's certainly a bombshell.

black_warrior, Yautja, 14 years ago

Lets just hope he wont use John Cena....

I'll remind you this is Ridley freakin-a Scott we're talking about. I don't think we need to worry about THAT.

Angus_Alien, Yautja, 14 years ago

If anyone can restore the terror, mystic, and originality to Alien, it's Scott.
I'm very excited over this turn of events.

nikkie_murray, Yautja, 14 years ago

I can't wait to see the Aliens restored.
When is the predator's restored; hell even the marines?

im sure we dont have to worry about Cena making a role in the film. But so many actor rumors have been going around, had to throw that in.

This should be good.

To be brutally honest, I don't see much hope for the preds if "Predators" is the best they can do. The marines don't need fixing; they were only in one movie.

Stalker, Yautja, 14 years ago

I'll be more optimistic about this when we know anything about the film. Just because a director has a good resume, that doesn't mean everything they do will be mind-blowing.

Take Spielberg, for example...he went from making classic masterpieces like Jurassic Park & Saving Private Ryan, to his modern-day outings like War of the Worlds who only thrive on fancy CGI to wow the viewer, with no real substance beyond big-budget special effects.

Regardless, this can only be good news for the new Alien's potential. Ridley Scott is the original visionary so if there is anyone who can re-invigorate the franchise, it's him.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 14 years ago

Usually when you hope something will be good, it will either suck or not even happen. Let's hope not in this case.

In that case, this will never, ever happen, and even if it did it would be the worst movie ever made.

*fingers crossed*

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 14 years ago

I think John Cena should be in every new predator & alien movie, including any new games that are released. Hes, just that damn good.

I completely agree with Pv2 on that. Hulk Hogan would have worked but he's too old for that now.

^ Duh, who do you think's playing Blain's ghost?

assassin, Yautja, 14 years ago

i think samul l jackson

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 14 years ago

Yeah, Samuel L Jackson could play Dillon's long lost brother-in-law.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 14 years ago

The Rock could also play Dutch's "oh my god I had a brother but he died nowz I get revenge huhuhuhuh" sibling.

Nick_Kang_20, Yautja, 14 years ago

Why did they have to bring in Scott?

Why no Uwe Boll?

TDN, Yautja, 14 years ago

Now my question here is what reason does Ridley Scott have for returning to the Alien franchise? I mean it's a good thing, but this is the same man who has said to never do an Alien movie again because he felt it had been "milked to death". So forgive me if I'm a bit skeptical.

If it is true then it's very good news. After all this is the man who gave birth to the franchise. Although the question is, where can they go from here? It's at a point where the Alien mythos has been expanded enough that adding anything to it will take away any mystery that still remains (especially if it's going to be a prequel talking about the origins of Aliens). And yet without adding anything the movie would simply feel like a quick cash in.

Well, we will just have to wait and see. Hopefully we'll get to look into the Space Jockeys history aswell.

Btw, Welcome back TDN, i hope to be seeing you around more often...its been a long time.

Same goes for you Nick, ive seen you around some but not much.

He probably just wanted to make the Aliens look like themselves again, not the averege oversized roach that the AvP movies made them be.

Sam-Jack-Dunn, Yautja, 14 years ago

Correct Pauk Anderson's fuckups?