shadowatching, Yautja, 14 years ago

I rooted for the aliens all the way through. I found myself realizing that, during the course of this picture, that it would better serve an alien force to come to destroy that it would be to come in peace and to try to co-inhabit this planet. As a species, humans are incredibly narcissistic and would behave this way..feeling superior because of gun power and alleged intellectual superiority

(when all the while they are outsmarting you and you have no clue they are so insiginificantly ignorant to the levels of intelligence they truly possess). Yes, it was "staged" in Johannesburg, but it doesn't matter where they would have filmed it..Humans are Barbaric and Hateful..as we see growing examples of it everyday.

That movie speaks to any and every episode of racial terrorism that has ever occurred..and it is just like all the races to come together, FINALLY, only to spew racial hatred toward a new species. I stared at the film for a while and wanted to kill them because it was TOO real..TOO true of the way we behave. I saw the way the US treated the Evacuees from New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. I see the way we treat people coming in from other countries like Haiti, Cuba, Mexico, etc.

I will be buying this DVD when it comes out..absolutely..and I agree that everyone should see this so they can get a glimpse at our futures here on Earth if we keep festering in hate and destruction..coveting only money and weapons. This is one of the best movies of the year (and probably it will be overlooked for some people dressed up as British royalty or something equally pointless at the Academy Awards). The message alone deserves an Oscar.

(And to the lady who thought the little boy alien was cute, I did, too..and he was smart to boot!)

One-Winged_Angel, Yautja, 14 years ago

sorry shadow but i do not think humans will let go of hate.

"the love of one country leads to the hate of another" ~Aliyaho Pearce
this can apply to anything including race/gender/(species) so yeah......we arent going to stop the hate. even the most dedicated civil rights movment volunteer would have some sort of ingrained sterotypical hatred. EVERYONE HAS IT ITS HUMAN NATURE!!!

mankind cant live without war it is just impossible to make everyone happy and BONUS it drives the economy

and after saying humans have hate instilled in there nature.....i want twilight to die.......

DeathWraith, Yautja, 14 years ago

Human nature is the same selfish instinct that all animals have, hate and love are extremely complex sums of emotions that only the level of self awareness of a human being can sustain, but some animals are capable of other less complex emotions. The problem with human nature is that due to this amplified self awareness, the natural selfishness is also amplified and humans feel the need to think they are special all the time, which is why they would most of the time trade love for hate, wisdom for foolishness, forgiveness for revenge and so on. Humans could be purely evil or purely benevolent, however we live in times when most would rather dismiss philosophy than find its meaning and importance.

Also it's a bit late for this, but

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n8PGnc_cV4

now we know their home planet!

Deathdrop, Yautja, 14 years ago

I forget where I read this, but proportionally, there's supposedly less death/violence today that at any other point in history. The only reason it seems like there's more is becasue the news of it spreads a lot faster now.

EDIT: The following is going to be extremely nerdy and immature. I posted a reasonable, thought-out response on another forum, but now it's time for nerd rage. Apologies in advance.

Disney owns Marvel.

What. The. Fuck.

DISNEY owns MARVEL. Happy fun-time Jonas Brothers-creating mainstream put-a-secret-penis-in-Lion-king WALT DISNEY has purchased Marvel Comics. They own it. They own Spider-Man. They own the Avengers.

They own The Punisher, which is actually
pretty funny.

... But still, weak. This concludes nerd-rage.

In all seriousness, this will probably benifit Marvel; Disney has deep pockets, and they also own the company that made Pulp Fiction, so there probably isn't too much to worry about.

Gawd daymned it, I hate Disney and what they represent. (not the gays though) yes, I said gays. If you look at their stuff...you can see male parts spread around the display covers and WTF.....comic's should be owned by the creators, not Disney.

Down with Disney

Well i sure hope we won't see an X-Men vs The Little Mermaid movie anytime soon.

So anyway, anyone seen Equilibrium?

-Bloo-, Yautja, 14 years ago

Heard about the Disney + Marvel thing a while ago.

Pretty soon they'll purchase Toho. Godzilla and Mothra versus Hannah Montana and Spider-Man is inevitable.

want to see Equilibrium

disney..........the only thing i want to die faster is twilight
i can see it now!!! Punisher the musical!!!!!

As long as Disney keeps their paws OFF the comics and has VERY little say in their content, everything should be just fine. Really, this should help Marvel get more exposure.

i think they mostly want the rights to sell the crap for money. after all disney aint really appealing to males.

I am a chick and I hate disney.

If the #2 pencil is so popular, why is it still #2?

The majority on the money comes from the merch anyway. A suprisingly small percentage of Marvel Comics' profits come from, y'know... Comics.

This is further evidence that they'll be leaving the MU alone; the merch is what they're after.

Well here is something interesting

This is a conceptual design of an XBox 720 by Tai Chiem. Why he assumes that Microsoft is even gonna call the new console the 720 is beyond me. It's not like there was a 180. Maybe they'll call it a 540. Or, if they're really high, the 420. Anyways, I only posted this because it reminds of the spaceship in 'Flight of the Navigator' and that movie is badass. Who else wants one of those little Puckmaren aliens that the kid stuffs into his backpack at the end? I do. Also, Sarah Jessica Parker when she was 21. And no, that's not creepy of me. "See you later, Navigator!"

360 degrees means a full revolution as in the console revolutionizes gaming. The next one would logically be called 720 to suggest a second revolution, 540 doesn't mean shit, genius!

But i wonder if they're really working on project natal or just dreaming about it.

ugh.......they really need new names playstation 3.....yeah sounds original how long it take to think that up after playstation 2???

xbox to xbox 360..........so geometrys in video games now?

DEATHSTALKER, Yautja, 14 years ago

yeh dw i doubt they are going to, becouse they origanily said they were going to make a mii, but then they scraped that idea. so only time will tell.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 14 years ago

@One: It was done for the same reason Modern Warfare 2 had recently regained the 'Call of Duty' prefix - so people don't get confused.

Is it entirely new or what? Do people care? You can do something like going from Batman Begins to the Dark Knight, but why would you switch from Playstation 2 to something entirely new? Is there any sense in that?

From the creators of Playstation and Playstation 2 comes the third console in the line that has a completely different name not reminiscent of the past consoles because we don't want that feeling of familiarity and nostalgia there that fans love so much: the Dreamcast! Let's call it the Dreamcast. That's original.

At least the 360 was still called an Xbox. Nintendo was allowed to call their thing the Wii because it apparently wasn't in the same line as the Gamecube, and the Gamecube to the Nintendo 64 and so on.

There are giant debates on things that just don't matter. This is one of them. They called it a PS3. We liked it. If I wanted originality I'd be looking towards the actual games with a little hope, not the name of the console.

assassin, Yautja, 14 years ago

um ok bloo but what do you think

He could probably do with a little more clarification than that.

assassin, Yautja, 14 years ago

dd that reminds me of a joke i once knew but im not going to mention it right now