DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

Well, what does radiation do, it destabilizes the links between the atoms forming the molecules that make the substances that the cells you are made of are made from, forcing them to return to the most basic and stable links they can form. So it depends on what they're made of.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

I'd think it would also depend on how high of a level we're talking.

Maybe this wasn't as interesting as I originally thought it'd be...

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

Last I heard, they were silicon-based

It also depends if you're talking about real life radiation or Fallout 3 radiation. Because real life radiation only simply... destroys you, i guess... But we are carbon based, it's easy to force carbon to just combine with oxigen i guess, i really haven't done chemestry in 2 years so i can't say what would happen to silicon based creatures. But we can take a silicon boob and test it.

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of What would happen in Sci-fi.

Why didn't you say so? In THAT case...

Giant fireball-spewing Aliens would obviously result.

Oh, No!

There goes the Sulaco!

Oh no Godzilla!

No, no. They would obviously grow a third leg.

concretehunter, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

nice one bloo. i think they would ither be destroyed and slowly the race would crumble from amutated string of cells witch would realy be like a cancer. or they would grow fucking bigger fucking stroger and learn how to dance liuke micheljackson... what a sight giant aliens doing thriller in a hive

Their head is the only "third leg" they'll ever need!

I thought it was funny...

real_roflcopter.gif

I'd like to see a Xenozombie. Zombiealien. Zombiemorph. Zombomorph.

I'd like to see a Zombomorph.

Waralien, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

In all the cases of radiation exposer, there always is some form of mutation. Third leg, arm, growth, etc....

But aliens are breeders, they can develop the most needed traits in their hive and use it to survive. I believe thats what the jockeys had in mind.

As for raditation, who knows? They can survive extreme heat and cold. Maybe they can survive raditation exposer, but in little doses. Large amounts would kill and corrupt them beyond all help

Maybe a facehugger poppign out of someone's chest? I would assume it would fuck them up royally, like the test-tube babies in Rez.

PREDATORv2, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

Remember there are tons of different types of radiation in space, if an alien can survive in space, then they'd have no problem surviving massive doses of radiation.

I'd say the out come is the aliens just become walking radioactive beacons. As well as killing their prey they'll dish out huge amounts of radiation that if your able to escape the alien will kill you at a later point, thus making aliens all the more deadly.

...You know, that actually sounds like it could be true.

It'd also be an interesting thing to add in a future RPG, maybe.

Oh god, please no glowing aliens lol.

I actually just meant the humans (and Predators?) gaining radiation poisoning from prolonged exposure to the hive/an Alien, though now that you've mentioned it, it's giving me the urge to use Photoshop for evil.

I knew what you mean, but I couldn't resist. It would be interesting to see that theory in action.

"In all the cases of radiation exposer, there always is some form of mutation. Third leg, arm, growth, etc...."

^ In the children, not the people who were irradiated. So irradiating a man, then having him facehugged may result in a pretty wierd alien. I don't know why anyone would want to do that, though.

EDIT: How about some mod for Fallout 3 to make feral ghouls look like aliens?

^...Ah, [rude sexual term] me. I have a console version and I'm not sure how to mod those.

That would be awesome though.

In Broken steel there are these Feral Ghoul Reavers that are ridiculously strong and throw green stuff at you. That could be turned into an acid spitting alien. But i'm not sure what could be done about the Glowing Ones.