The MUSIC thread

Deathdrop, Yautja, 14 years ago

Try to guess what this topic is about...

What kind you like, what kind you hate, favorite band/genre/whatever, links to songs on Youtube, etc.

And please, for the love of God, Allah, Buddah, Zeus, TFSM, Odin, Vishnu, and every other deity, let's not have stupid fights about who's is better.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 14 years ago

Before anyone says Rap is bad, just remember that the Rap you're thinking of is the mainstream shite on the radio these days. If you want Rap that actually sounds great, go for an artist like RZA.

Anyway, anyone know that the Beatles are getting their own Rock Band game? That's news to me...

DEATHSTALKER, Yautja, 14 years ago

beastie boys-so whatca want is my faverite song and rap is my faverite genre

predator428, Yautja, 14 years ago

I'm not a fan of the Beasty Boys, since it comes off as a bunch of mindless shouting to me.

Disturbed is pretty much the only modern group I listen to, everything else is classic rock and metal from the 70's and 80's. AC/DC, Metallica, Styx, ect. Country is fine on occasion, but not something as overused as Sweet Home Alabama or something similar. My stepmother and cousin are constantly blasting that crap.

I'm into almost any kind of rock other than the whiney crap on the radio.

And Pink Floyd, becasue they inhabit their own genre. They're that damn awesome.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 14 years ago

OH OH

IT'S ABOUT COLOURFUL SHINY THINGS

Grid-Head, Yautja, 14 years ago

I LOVE all kinds of Metal!!!
XD

DEATHSTALKER, Yautja, 14 years ago

i also like p.o.d

Found the FF10 OST and started listening to some of its tracks. Boss Battle theme is legendary.

As far as video game music goes, Soul Reaver's main theme kicks ass.

black_warrior, Yautja, 14 years ago

I need to listen to the Soul Reaver theme again, been so long since i even looked at that game. Power rangers theme was somewhat metal...

I mainly like anything from classic rock to 80's/90's metal to thrash to death metal.

Favorite band is Opeth. Swedish progressive death metal etc etc etc FTW.

I know I'm going to get my ass kicked for saying this, but I like a few JRock tracks. About 70% of the genre is shit but most of the good stuff makes it to being a theme for an anime... Asian Kung Fu Generation's stuff is great.

Also FF9's OST and Luther Allison.

_Zwecky_, Yautja, 14 years ago

Alkaline Trio, Breaking Benjamin, Disturbed, Silverstein, Senses Fail, Saosin, Cry of the Afflicted, Story of the Year, Rise Against, Bullet For My Valentine, A Day to Remember, Enter Shikari, Funeral For A Friend, In Flames, Linkin Park, Escape the Fate, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus...

I could name loads more, but yeah anything similar to those bands is good imo.

I like almost any kind of music that sounds like someone's worked hard enough to make it. This excludes a few styles of house music, but i'm a fool for really powerful bass. Also, i don't like old rock 'n' roll, it's shallow and boring. Same goes for singing about how SHE'S GOT THE JACK! WHO CARES THAT YOU SUCK AT THAT GAME, IDIOT!? Ah, whatever. Music that someone's worked hard to make also excludes most pop music, most hip-hop music today and ummm... others. Japanese music i respect, because even though most of it is pop and pop music generally sucks, japanese singers actually have the same voice in reality as they do on tape, which is great, plus it sounds really good too, if you don't understand the lyrics.

FireHunter, Yautja, 14 years ago

Death Wraith, three words: Wall Of Text.

anyway, I like Disturbed and (prays to hell he doesn't get mobbed) Manowar, AC/DC, Elvis Costello, lots of stuff really, but the first three are my favorites.

I'm going to show how lame I am by admitting that I like the Ronnie James Dio version of Black Sabbath.

Come on. TV Crimes was awesome.

black_warrior, Yautja, 14 years ago

Black Sabbath is great, i dont like them with Dio asmuch as i do with Ozzy but Dio made a name for himself outside of Sabbath and is a well respected singer. so yeah, not too lame.

FF10 OST again. I don't know what it is about it, but I'm hooked. The song played during the last fight with Seymour is great and reminds me of old school fighting game music.

I'm also listening to Fury In My Eyes by RZA (Wu-Tang Clan). Epic. That's what rap/hip-hop should sound like.

EDIT: Summoned Beast Battle is probably my new favorite. Fucking. Epic.

FireHunter, the three words story thread is
<<< that way

BrutaL, Yautja, 14 years ago

Disturbed, Atreyu, Drowning Pool and metal is the way to go. Sometimes listen to rap, like Tupac and stuff, but not the mainstream shit with the fat guy Rick Ross etc. It is dishonorable to listen to that :O. In rare occasions I listen to pop. I'm really addicted to movie soundtracks though, like the Transformers one and the Black Hawk Down soundtrack.

I've only heard ONE rap song from Tupac which is Hit Em Up, the rest are mostly hip-hop.