Individual AvP review thread

Deathdrop, Yautja, 14 years ago

Let's hear why you like/dislike each A/P flick. I'll out up some of mine some time this week.

DEATHSTALKER, Yautja, 14 years ago

i like the aliens movie (the 2 one) becuse the action and i dislike it becuse it was slow at the begining

DeathWraith, Yautja, 14 years ago

"because the action"

Yeah, that movie really the action. Great reasoning.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 14 years ago

Well, it was the two one! What do you expect?

Most people here are probably going to end up saying things like, "Alien was good, Aliens was great, Alien 3 sucked, Alien: Resurrection was bad, Predator was awesome, Predator 2 was alright, the AVP movies were horrible," and agree with the guy who has the best (and most likely longest) review.

Whenever I review things I try not to find what I hate about a movie, but what I like, and what it could improve on without sounding like a complete wanker. Most people fail at this and end up either totally praising or hating the movie without making any solid points.

I actually look forward to seeing what people have to say about Aliens, I always thought it was the one perfect movie in the series... though lately there've been a few minor complaints about it.

I might post one later on, though. You can never run out of things to say about AVP...

Deathdrop, Yautja, 14 years ago

That gives me an idea...

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 14 years ago

Alright I'll give being biased a shot. I'll give ya my reviews on the Predator and AVP movies later.

Alien- No doubt this movie has the ability to make your skin crawl; with Dallas crawling frantically around in those cramped vents, or when Ripley is racing down corridor after corridor avoiding her alien pursuer. Lets not forget what we have to see to get there, most of the real horror happens near the tail-end of this movie. Which I honestly believe worked great back then, but now with the fast pace movies of today, I don't think Alien would have a place.

Aliens- Again we start out with a slow build to the action. We a subsidized with humor from the marines, until we meet the alien invaders on LV-426. Aliens is an action flick, but this action doesn't overshadow the fear and suspense, much like what you received from Alien. Honestly, I cannot find much to complain about this movie. I'd like to argue that it could have been better with the cut senses of the children playing in Hadley's Hope and Newt's family discovering the derelict space craft, but then we'd have that issue of time.

Alien 3- At first glance we think we're getting Alien again, but with a bald Ripley stuck with a bunch of horny male prisoners. Alien 3 utilizes some of the same tactics used in both Alien and Aliens. Right away we notice that anytime we don't have a man in the creature suit, we get this horrible adaptation of an alien movement using green screen and a miniature. Now, if you can get past that which is hard for a lot of people and is the main complaint about Alien 3 (Its definitely mine). I'd say Alien 3 has a very dark and sad storyline, that if you don't already love Ripley it will cause you to.

Alien Resurrection- The last installment in the alien series, and seen by most to be the worst. Alien Resurrection uses an almost cheap tactic to bring our favorite female ass kicker back from the dead. Cloning! Of course why did we think of that? Alien Resurrection at first, redeems the aliens by using better 3D animation and main-in-suit effects than in the previous film. Although after all that they shattered it by introducing the great newborn, a horrible, horrible creature that of course loves Ripley. With mediocre storyline, decent alien and ship effects I can settle with saying Alien Resurrection although not the best movie, is worth watching.