AVP 2 1.0.9.6 patch virus

Kensai14, Human, 15 years ago

I recently got AVP 2, and went to the filefront site to get the patch. For some reason, the Single player mode wouldn't work. I noticed a weird Norton Antivirus message when I shut it off, saying "backdoor.coreflood blocked" or something. So I tried fileplanet. Same thing.

A backdoor.coreflood is a trojan horse that is designed for denial-of-service attacks, apparently. So, admins, you might want to take down the link to the patches. I understand that with downloading anything you risk getting a virus, but this seems to be specifically designed for attacking the game itself.

A couple of people on filefront had this same problem. Does anyone know where I can get a patch that doesn't have a virus in it?

PREDATORv2, Human, 15 years ago

www.avp2files.com

Filefront sucks.

slikserpent56, Human, 15 years ago

yeah it does :P

This link will give you everything you need to run AVP2 online and off.

AVP2

avp2files sends me to aliensvspredator2.filefront.com

I downloaded from both that sight and fileplanet; they had the same problem. Someone should take down those links.

I only downloaded it from avp2files, that link is virus free.

I found out what's going on...My norton's antivirus conflicted with it, thinking something in it was a trojan horse. I scanned the file, AVP 2 folder, and the folder it said the virus was in, and nothing came up. When I installed it on another computer, it worked.