Predator and Predator 2 are pred kids?

tashux22, Undefined, 15 years ago

Ok in AVP the Predators use Earth for their rituals and every 100 years, they drop 3 teenage predators off at a pyramid and they have to fight for their survival. If they survive the battle against the aliens, they earn their "warrior status".

It looks like AVP did a retcon were the main Predators of Predator 1 and 2 are mere children.

What do people think of this retcon?.

FireHunter, Undefined, 15 years ago

That, to be honest, is stupid, the predators come down to hunt ALIENS, not Humans, AVP isn't even considered canon by a group of members here, and your theory isn't possible, in Predator 1, the Predator was too experienced to have been but a mere baby. And in Predator 2, the thing had it's own ship, trophy rack, and everything, they didn't come to pick it up, they were there that whole time.

-Bloo-, Undefined, 15 years ago

That theory's implied because they don't have the "Blooded marks." Personally, I'd rather have my Preds without those so-called "coming of age" marks, thanks. Why? As we all know, the first two didn't have them.

Scar, on the other hand, DID have one. And, uh... Yeah.

TDN, Undefined, 15 years ago

The problem with that theory is that the Predator in Predator 2 had been shown to have already hunted and killed a Xenomorph before (the skull in the ship that started the whole AVP thing). So if a Pred hunts humans as teens before hunting Xenos then why was this one who had killed Xenos now hunting humans?

Also, if the Predator in Predator 2 who by the looks of it was more experienced than the ones in AVP (the fact that he managed to kill at least 1 Xeno), and the creators said that he was a younger Predator than the one in the 1st movie, doesn't that make the one in the 1st movie the most experienced out of all of them?

DeathWraith, Undefined, 15 years ago

I simply say... different clans, different traditions.

Deathdrop, Undefined, 15 years ago

^ That would seem to be the only explanation/fix for Anderson's bullshit.

cleticyautja, Undefined, 15 years ago

I have to agree with death on this if u look carefully at the PREDATOR 2 elder predator he has no mark.

TribalWerewolf9, Undefined, 15 years ago

i consider avp and avp2 canon and i agree with u ppl. the predators were 2 experienced. in avp2 when u see the predator getting his helmit u can see he has hundreds of helmets. the predators in avp1 and avp2 were probably just wereing different masks.