Worst film i saw in this year

concretehunter, Yautja, 15 years ago

AVR sucked i mean the plot was ok but the way they filmed it was terible. like the bit were the tank suddently apeard in the road and some guy knows how to use a predator weapon. and also i dont like how they hid the predlien i think i saw it die 12 times because all of them looked like a predlian. and since when was it a queen who sends alien embryos down the throat.... god seriously i couldent tell what was going on half the time.

xeno_slayer, Yautja, 15 years ago

beating. a. dead. horse.

shadowatching, Yautja, 15 years ago

well the friday the 13th was alright, just didn't expect to see leather-face (Old monty) in it. So i believe and the rest of my horror fans based friends, thought the same thing.

But avp2 and avp related movies, they would always be junk, because the person that made Pred as I think, passed away. But, don't quote me on that, so without the original creator, the rest of the films would be crap

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 15 years ago

Shadow your saying because Stan Winston (The creator of the predator) is gone (1972-2008 Cancer) and no longer creating the predator suits, that is why AVPR is such a bad movie?

Ah no, the directors are mostly to blame. AVP wasn't as bad of a movie as AVPR, although AVPR had the redeeming R rating and gore, but because of it's terrible acting and overall crap story, that is what destoryed it.

nikkie_murray, Yautja, 15 years ago

No, that is not what she is saying. What I am seeing is, without the Creator there is no one to ask questions too, to understand the Predator's better. Look at twilight, good book; movie sucked.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 15 years ago

No one really asked Toho when making Zilla, but...

...Wait...

You know what, I've lost my train of thought.

the_doctor, Yautja, 15 years ago

just because the creator is not there does not mean the film will be bad. the example of twilight is different because its an adaptation process, transfering a plot from one medium to another. that would need the help of the creator as the creator saw the story line visually in their mind. anyone else will imagine it different so to be consistant it needs the creator involved.

AvP-R had problems because the formula will not work on film. its just not going to be great. Fox knows this. thats why they put two rookie directors in the fray who were apparently good at special effects.

The lack of a skilled director makes a hell of alot of difference.

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 15 years ago

Exactly doc look at the alien movies, H.R. Giger was the creator and played a big role in the first alien movie, but basically had nothing to do with the rest of the films and look how Aliens and Alien 3 turned out. Great films.

No you can't blame the absence of the creature maker for the way the film turned out. Inexperienced, stupid directors make crappy films, thats a fact. Besides it wasn't the aliens or predators that ruined AVPR, it was the storyline and human characters.

nikkie_murray, Yautja, 15 years ago

Who would be a better director?

xeno_slayer, Yautja, 15 years ago

i LIKED the avp movies.

concretehunter, Yautja, 15 years ago

well i think it would have bean the directors they fucked up big time. like they killed people of to fast. you know the boys crush gets pinned to a wall with a shurikan. it was five seconds. it could have worked it was the directors

the_doctor, Yautja, 15 years ago

well what your refering to is really a script issue. the whole thing is that alot of the resposibility is on the director but it also has to do with everyone else on the production crew. i like the avp films but there are some really big mistakes in film making quality in AvP-R which can only be put unto the directors as they have owned up to much of the pressing errors such as terrible lighting being their idea

cleticyautja, Yautja, 15 years ago

AVP-R was sooo booriinng

Gaunt, Yautja, 15 years ago

AVPR Was boring, They could of come up with more exciting things like the Pred getting ambushed by aliens when chasing anouther alien or the Predalien dying and a drone turning into a queen.
I don't know, Just suggestions.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 15 years ago

This dead horse had been beaten so throughly and for such a long time that it has actually become a liquid.

Yes, AvP:R sucked. Can we move on?

TribalWerewolf9, Yautja, 15 years ago

personally. i thought that AVPR was a great movie. The whole pred alien queen thing would be nice if they actually showed it turning INTO a queen. the human were ya'know, just their for no reason. To add some form of heroism in the story but they screwed that up. Someone said something about Friday the 13nth new one and how leather face was in it. To be correct the movie was based on if if Friday part 2 through freddie vs jason never happened andw jason wore a leather mask with on eye poked out because he has some messed head deformity. Oh and the pred gun should blew up in the one guys face lol

Griddy, Yautja, 15 years ago

I enjoyed it. I saw it as a really good B-rated attempt of a horror movie. It's one of those movies my friends and I still put on to have some laughs and enjoy the death scenes.

Gonarhxus, Yautja, 15 years ago

To be very honest. i actually thought AVPR was okay but isn't as entertaining as it should've been. I found the 1st AVP movie way more entertaining. I can't really explain why...it just feels that way...

TribalWerewolf9, Yautja, 15 years ago

wat i didnt get the whole predator pistol thing i mean seriusly. if your gonna put a new weapon in then make it an acid shooting flamethrower thingy