-Bloo-, Yautja, 14 years ago

Because I am an hero and I feel I contribute something to teh wurldz. I am Spider-Man, i dunno how to shot web and I beat the living shit out of neighborhood cat stranglers.

The Simpsons has its moments. I'd much rather watch Futurama, though, because its type of humor... humors me more.

You know, the more I think about it, the more I hate the Spectacular Spider-Man's version of Kraven. Like, wtf?, and stuff. A lion man? srsly? For some reason, Ultimate Spider-Man comes to mind whenever I think about that.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 14 years ago

(I thought Ultimate Kraven was just some powerless jackass with a TV show?)

@ Deathwraith: What's special about Iran is that there's a possible reformist revolution brewing in a middle eastern country. That's going to effect what type of government they end up having, and how the west deals with them for the next decade at least.

It's also making the social network sites like Twitter and Youtube a much bigger deal than they were before (I don't know that this is necessarily a good thing, but it is a big deal)

That's all well and good for the USA, but you're ignoring the Middle East and the EU. 3 pretty big areas of the world that this will effect. Iran might at some point have nukes. WHo has their finger on "the button" is kind of a big deal.

It's also important because a country of people finally got fed up with a government screwing them over and did something about it.

Fucking IRAN might end up with a something reasonably close to a democracy, and they'll have done it without the help of a western government. That's pretty cool.

It may not be the global emergency some make it out to be, but I still think it's worth talking about. If you disagree, fair enough.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 14 years ago

You know, just a month ago, there was a revolution against communism in Moldova. No one gave a shit, people got killed, communism won.

Moldova is Romanian land, Romania is in NATO and the EU and no one gave a shit. I don't see why Romania would give a shit about Iran.

I never said you had to give a shit. You asked why it was considered such a big deal, and I told you.

The Iranian thing is a big deal in America and the EU right now becasue it will effect us all for a long time. You're right; it probably won't effect you personally. And for that reason, I can see why you don't give a shit. But we're talking about it becasue it effects us, and therefore we DO give a shit. You asked who cared about Iran; I answered.

As for being an important global emergency, I've already said I don't feel that's the case.

I'm not saying Moldova isn't important; I'm saying it isn't as visible to us as Iran is, which is where the internet comes in. The internet is playing a huge role in getting the information out there. The media left it completely alone for 2 days before they HAD to report on it becasue everyone was talking about it anyway.

Thus, we're talking about Iran. Is that fair? Probably not, but you seem to be saying the same thing from a different direction.

No-one ever said you had to care, but I do, and I'm talking about it. I don't see the problem.

I'm not trying to fight with you. I'm sorry if it came off that way, but I'm confused as to what your problem is with our dsscussing Iran. It matters to us, so we're talking about it. If Moldova matters to you, go ahead and talk about it. Any major protest is important, and since we're on the subject anyway...

Hope I've been at least semi-coherent with this.

Huh, didn't look at all like you were trying to fight anyone, what the hell are you talking about there!

But anyway, what i'm trying to say is that it probably wong be as important as it's said to be. When Saddam was killed it was such a big deal, did anything change? Nope. It's just hype.

If some country in the "middle east" suffers some changes that doesn't mean America will stop invading countries for oil, or that the US government will stop hyjacking its own planes to destroy high profile buildings with them, blame it on terrorism and make more money.

Sorry if those last statements look insulting, but you know, Zeitgeist.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on that one, I guess.

(YEAH! 590th POST!)

Or we could take it to youtube and be really serious about it!

(You can see how many posts there are???)

HA! u dont make ur agyouments cleeer enuf so u cant beat me in a debate becues u r dum fag so Ha!!1111!

I assumed the post count was something everyone could see.

Oh, you mean the topic post count? I thought... Well no matter. How about we take this topic to 1000?

Sounds good. Once we hit 1000 posts, I think it might be time for a new thread.

shadowatching, Yautja, 14 years ago

http://www.wattix.com/blog/chilligan/catwatermelonlake.jpg

Can't argue with that logic.

predator428, Yautja, 14 years ago

I just listened to Maxwell's Silver Hammer for the first time.

...That is the best fucking song I have ever heard.

^ That song is pretty twisted for the Beatles. Damn!

By the way, if anyone's going to see Transformers 2, you might not want to bother. Ebert (who gave the first a good grade) trashed it. He's usually on the money, so I'll be skipping this one.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090623/REVIEWS/906239997

Well, fuck. I was hoping for some redemption. I mean, the Decepticons. Devestator (the real one, not Brawl). THAT GUY.

Really, Micheal Bay? Really? I haven't read the review at this point, but I really hope that, if anything, it's still got some great action scenes, which is what most people are going to see Transformers for anyway.

What I'm about to say goes against everything I stand for in a good movie, but I don't care. I don't care about plot. I don't care about characters, for christ's sake, unless it's the inclusion of someone who kicks ass. All I care about, in a movie full of giant robot-motherfuckers is, well, the giant robot-motherfuckers and how they'll fuck each other up.

That's why I watched Gundam Wing. That's why I watched Terminator: Salvation. Okay, I watched it because, for some reason, I just knew Arnie was going to be in it. But you get the point. At least, I hope I got my point across.

It's Transformers. It's more than meets the eye. When we utter that line in unison, we're talking action, not "this movie is better than sliced bread".

I will see this movie regardless of it being critically bashed. I know what they're saying, because they're probably saying the same thing they said about the first movie.

Like I said, I don't care. This is one movie where the usual 'good movie' rules don't apply.

That's only my opinion, though. Feel free to take my skull and slam it against a car door window.

It raised my eyebrows becasue Ebert gave the first such a good grade. Seems like a strange 180.

(POST 600! I AM... KIND OF AWESOME... SORT OF... MAYBE NOT)

Wait, really? What could possibly make the second look any worse than people think it is? It looks exactly like the first, except college, and short-shorts, and other stuff...

Also, I'm eating some spaghetti.

Tell me more tales of this strange earth noodle-food.