predator428, Yautja, 14 years ago

Prototype looks to be a fun game. Seems like the result of taking GTA:Vice City and replacing the main character with the creature from John Carpenter's The Thing.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 14 years ago

Oh God that movie was great. The game was mediocre though. The thing is one movie that i'd say could match Alien or Predator.

Also, installing Prototype right now. Of what i've seen it has that Spawn charm to it.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 14 years ago

Would you believe that I have no idea what Prototype is? I might look it up later.

It's a better copy of InFamous.

But instead of zapping people with lightning, you turn your arms into various blades and crushing objects in order to maim/absorb various citizens, taking their appearance in the process.

Hmmm. For some reason the picture at the end of the install looks a bit too much like the one from Assassin's Creed.

I heard InFamous did well. I haven't actually looked at any reviews for it, though.

Well, just minutes of gameplay and i fucking love this game. It's awesome. I mean, you get to run on the fucking walls man, you... shit, you gotta try this, Bloo.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 14 years ago

Quick AvP Extinction question: Anyone ever get the red screen of death while using cheats?

shadowatching, Yautja, 14 years ago

when mario and Alien meet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucx2GTtAn_s

NO, i didn't do this one, just found it

^ All of a sudden, you are awesome.

@DD: I never played Extinction, didn't look quite worth it with all the hybrids and supershite. Is it actually a good game in its genre?

Deathdrop, Yautja, 14 years ago

It's a decent rental. Nothing spectacular, but it can provide some fun for a few hours.

It actually looks pretty cool. I have to agree, though... one shot of the guy made me think Asssassin's Creed.

It's really awesome in my opinion. Some people may think it's monotonous, but fucking hell man, i (prepare for "what Bloo said earlier in another thread" refference) I LIVE FOR THIS SHIT! Well actually this is exactly what i've alwyas wanted from a game. Running up buildings, throwing people at helicopters, consuming my enemies and turning my body into several stuff, i can't get bored of this, seriously wtf! My advice though is to keep having fun with what you can do until you max everything out, then have fun some more, and only then do the main "quest" of the game, otherwise it's probably pretty short.

About Extinction now, "good rental" won't make me wanna play it, so meh, maybe when it comes to me begging.

Watching SVU again. Diane Neal was her name. Hawt.

Alright, I might try the game.

I'm picking up Prototype tomorrow, which should keep my excitable and younger family members occupied once I free up the world and unlock most of the superpowers.

Anyway, I'm not really the person for RTS's like Extinction. My usual and only plan of attack is to create enough heavy units to max out the population count and wipe out whatever I come across on the map. Trying this in Extinction proved to be frustrating untill you try the aliens. The game stands out for me once I have created an enourmous horde of aliens and have sent them all out at once to reek havoc on whatever enemies I am fighting at the time. Everything else is pretty bland.

That doesn't work in Halo Wars, either. Not on Legandary, at least. Though you actually DO want to use lighter units, as they tend to kick way more aas than a single/few uber unit(s) (as the game calls them), eg. 40 ODSTs/Gauss cannon-mounted Warthogs versus two Scarabs or five-seven Vultures.

The only RTS I've played where deploying a shit load of heavy units against the enemy base at one time actually works is Impossible Creatures. Sperm Whale + Gorilla = infinite unpossible possibilities.

It also works in capture the flag when you're seven and you have 40 friends who have nothing else to do.

My only experience of Halo Wars was from the demo, in which I maxed out my base and just kept cranking out Scorpion tanks untill eveything was dead.

What do you mean "free up the world" there's only one region and that's all you have. But it's big enough. It's a few blocks around Central Park...

I was informed that it consisted of a larger sandbox world that needed to be unlocked as you progressed. Seems logical that there would be multiple unlockable sectors.