Aliens vs Predators: Last Rites Chapter Two Posted

ScarredShadow, Yautja, 15 years ago

Well I think some of you remember my story Aliens vs Predators Last Rites. Many of you that submitted a character noticed progress is really slow due to conflict of ideas and I've been really busy. Well I'm back yay lol, here is chapter One complete I think. There might be some more additions but I think it is ok for now. Chapter 2 I hope to be done in a few days it will be posted. Also if you still want to submit characters you may. I need more Aliens, Marines and Predators.
Sorry Mods didn't want to bump up the old topic, it was too long.
Here is Chapter One.

Aliens vs Predators: Last Rites
Chapter One: The Mission

14 August 2026
Niobrara Wyoming
Secret Military Installation
Code Name: Area 28-03
Current Mission: Classified

It was the hottest day ever recorded in Wyoming, however the United States military remained partly cool in a secret military installation. The temperature was recorded as 119 degrees. Deep down in the mountainous regions of Wyoming sat a top secret military base Known as Area 28-03 unknown to the United States. The site of the Base is unseen for miles away covered in perfect camouflage. Amongst the rural areas of Niobrara, a lone hummer was roaming through the streets driving toward the military base. The vehicle had slowly approached a military post approximately a mile before the base, a marine guarding the post stopped the driver and made the vehicle stop for a moment.
“I’m sorry sir I can’t let you pass without clearance.†the guard said.
The man hopped out of his truck and saluted, "Second Lieutenant Michael De Rosa, United States Marine Core."
The guard looked up in amazement and immediately saluted to De Rosa and said, "Yes Lieutenant I apologize to keep you waiting. I’m sorry lieutenant, I didn‘t recognize you at first." The guard responded.
De Rosa chuckled, "Its not a problem Private its standard procedure anyway.†he assured the guard.
"Thanks Lieutenant." he said in regard.
"No problem I'll see you around.†De Rosa hopped back in his Hummer and rushed himself to the base. De Rosa entered the parking area of the base and parked his hummer. He hopped out of his truck and walked up to the entrance.

De Rosa came to a halt right before the main entrance. He snatched his access card from the pocket of his military jacket. He slipped the card into the security system and entered in the access code: 2803206
Access Confirmed
Second Lieutenant Michael De Rosa
The Door unlocked, suddenly De Rosa started to get stressed out and his anxiety began to act up. He started thinking to himself, “what if I am late? What if I was supposed to check in during vacation? But then he began to calm down and all his worries and fear drained from his mind.
"Okay I'm here good, that’s a start.†He assured himself.
He walked through the first door that automatically opened once he slipped his ID through the security system. Once more we walked to yet another entrance, De Rosa gripped the door and he pulled it open.
"Hey Man!" Sergeant Jack Frost. shouted.
Frost was a lower rank than De Rosa but still a high ranking officer and was very respected by fellow marines. He was a sergeant of high regard and earned deep respect from his senior officers due to hard work and leadership.
"Holy crap man you scared me!" DeRosa said while holding his chest.
“Almost gave me a fucking heart attack man.†De Rosa exclaimed.
"Sorry about that Lieutenant.†Frost apologized.
"Not a problem Frost, how you been, where you been?†De Rosa asked.
"I’ve been pretty good, and just away." Frost replied.
“Yeah on vacation and stuff thats real nice." De Rosa commented.
“Sure it was pretty good, hey listen, you should go see the Lieutenant I hear he wanted to see you.†Frost suggested.
“Really?†De Rosa asked.
"Yes." Frost replied.
DeRosa roamed through the main congregation hall where groups of many marines were conversing with one another trying to catch up after a long vacation away from the base. De Rosa struggled getting through the hall. “Jesus, its like trying to get through a god damn maze.†De Rosa told himself.
De Rosa chatted with some of his fellow marines. Corporal Jarred Jean Ethers approached him. “Hey there Lieutenant good to see you again, Ethers said while giving him a pat on the back

De Rosa came to an end of the hallway up to the doorway to First Lieutenant Mitchell's office. De Rosa cowered in the corner of the entrance, “I hope the Lieutenant is not angry with me.†he thought to himself. Mitchell was at his desk smoking a cigarette. De Rosa slowly entered the office, Mitchell looked up at De Rosa.
“De Rosa! Sit down now.†Mitchell demanded.
De Rosa took a seat in the chair across from Mitchell’s desk. Mitchell looked at De Rosa and grinned, he than began to laugh.
“How was your vacation?†Mitchell asked.
“It was pretty good, yours sir? De Rosa asked in return.
“ I really didn’t have a vacation, I had to stay here most of the time making sure everything is up to date.†Mitchell explained.
“Oh that doesn’t sound to good.†De Rosa asked.
Mitchell took a puff from his cigarette.
“You know those things can kill you lieutenant.†De Rosa added.
“Yes I know De Rosa.†Mitchell added.
He then dubbed his cigarette in the ash tray and threw it in the garbage can beside him.
"Sorry for the interruption Sir but you said you wanted to brief us with a speech." Corporal Ethers asked.
“Yes I was corporal just give me five minutes and I will be out.†Mitchell asked of Ethers.
“Yes sir.†Ethers saluted and walked out of the room.
“Actually De Rosa we should go and brief our soldiers and
welcome them back. So lets go, we will finish our conversation another time.†Mitchell suggested.
“That is fine by me sir.†De Rosa agreed.

As the two lieutenants began to slowly make their way down the hallway to the main congregation hall to see all the marines.
Suddenly an alarm had set off, Beep Beep , that constant beating continued to sound throughout the entire base.
"What the hell is going on!" DeRosa shouted.
“I have no clue, this has never happened before. Ethers tell one of the scientists from our research center to get his ass over here." Mitchell ordered.
"Yes Sir!" Ethers replied. He then sprinted out of Mitchell's office and ran toward the research center on the northern sector of the base.
“What the hell is this?†A random marine asked.
“We do not know.†Mitchell and De Rosa answered simultaneously.
Many began to panic but some remained calm. Private Gomez and Corporal Destephano tried to take control over the infested hall, littered with worried marines. They were yelling at the others trying to calm them down.
‘â€ÂSir this looks like its some kind of signal.†Frost suggested.
“What kind of signal? And someone stop that god damn beeping!" Mitchell demanded.
Ethers returned with Dr.Khazmar head of the research department. In a matter of minutes the scientists had solved the problem. The beating stopped.
"Thank God." DeRosa said.
“Okay there appears to be some sort of signal and satellite disruption.†Khazmar explained.
"Where about?" Mitchell asked.
“Over LV-862.†Khazmar answered.
“What?†Mitchell chuckled.
“But all we had there were those couple of research centers there that is all. Plus that battalion of scientists and troops.†Mitchell said.
“Well there is some sort of satellite disruption," Khazmar responded.
"But how?" Ethers asked.
“I don't know I can't get a clear visual but the infered is off the chart, here take a look.†Khazmar told Mitchell.
The three Ranking soldiers followed Dr.Khazmar to the view screen, at first they could not see anything, but then Khazmar then changed the settings to infrared and everyone saw the red glow taking up almost three quarters of the screen. The three glared at the screen in amazement. "What the fuck is going on?" Mitchell shouted. He then sat at his desk and searched through his data files.
Mitchell found no records of anything over planet LV-862. Mitchell typed into his computer:
Current Mission: Unidentified Phenomenon over LV-862
He dropped his head to the cold surface of his desk in a mixed feeling of frustration and confusion. De Rosa walked into Mitchell’s office and saw his lieutenant leaning his head on his desk.
“Lieutenant?†De Rosa said.
“Yes De Rosa.†Mitchell answered.
“What’s wrong sir.†De Rosa asked in curiosity.
It‘s just not easy anymore De Rosa, these activities going on are just complicated. I just wish I had a good guess or an Idea as to what this is but I don’t.â€Â
“I understand lieutenant, I’m sure we will find an explanation.†De Rosa assured Mitchell.
“I hope your right.†Mitchell said.
The two left Mitchell’s office and met up with the other officers. Mitchell along with his squad leaders and their Lead Scientist Dr.Khazmar headed toward the congregation hall to inform their fellow marines of their new mission. Mitchell stood up on top of a large table with a megaphone. "Good Morning. I know today we were going to brief on any news and welcome all of you back. But I regret to inform you we have just found a most unusual discovery. Our new mission will be to investigate this discovery.
Private Gomez raised his hand.
"Yes what is it Gomez?" Mitchell asked.
“What exactly is this, what your talking about?†Gomez asked.
"Okay I'm getting to that right now. We found satellite distruption above LV-862.“ Mitchell explained.
Dr. Khazmar left and sprinted back to the research sector.
“Anyway we saw on the infered read out, it showed something really large is out there. That is what our mission is, we will have to set down on LV-862. We are going to find out whats going on.†Khazmar came sprinting out of the research center with a paper in his hand. Khazmar finally approached Mitchell, out of breath, Khazmar shouted, “I got it! I found something! Look at this Lieutenant. Just look at these satellite images Sir.†Mitchell examined the images and asked, “what exactly is this?â€Â
“These seem to be space stasis pods.†Khazmar said.
“Like escape pods from a ship?†Mitchell asked.
“Yes sir.†Khazmar answered.
“What?†Ethers asked.
Okay this is really strange, we need to investigate this immediately, I can‘t risk those research centers getting damaged. Once more Mitchell made yet another announcement. “Attention marines! I want all weapons loading docks and all equipment prepared and ready on 16 August at 06:00.â€Â
"What Sir?" Gomez asked.
All the marines laughed in amusement, thinking Mitchell was being sarcastic.
“I expect your work to be done I will be inspecting your work soon." Mitchell announced.
“But that is not possible sir, your expecting us to load the ships, docking bay, and load all weapons in less than a day. That is preposterous sir.
“I mean it! I want all drop ship prep instructions complete, all equipment prepared and docking bay prepared as soon as possible. I will be inspecting your work soon.
“Yes Sir!" all the marines shouted simultaneously in hesitation.
The marines then immediately rushed into their designated work stations and began preparation. Everyone in the base spent a restless night in the base trying to get the entire preparation complete the first day.

Far out in the Dark void of space a large hulking mass of metal was drifting through the deep reaches of space. Its seemingly effortless movement was outmatched by its abnormally sheer size. Within moments a short stream of electricity blended the object seemingly to its surrounding. A large flame blasted from the ships main thruster sending it through space at an incredible speed. The ship’s engine heated up but then began to cool down and the ship began to slowly drift through space once more. Inside the ship lights started to flicker on in an exotic pattern revealing monstrous creatures pacing down long halls. The creatures stood moved similar to humans but were in a completely more advanced technological era. These creatures were of a savage species of that would stop at nothing to seek and claim, the skulls of honorable prey.
These creatures had a tradition, a tradition like nothing ever heard of. These creatures believed in a concept of the Hunt, but these creatures didn’t hunt regular animals these creatures hunted other savage species as well as human beings. A trial for a young one of these creatures was to kill a creature known as the “ultimate prey.†Standing at the front of the ship was an Elder known as Shivinyon. The Elder was the commander of that ship and controlled the actions that would take place. These “Elders†were known as the greatest of these creatures that have lived for thousands of years and have killed many different creatures. Standing beside him on stood two other of these creatures by the names of Placo Xaxaferon and Placo Blescallix. Shivinyon roared "Ka'rik'na Sertolic".
Placo Xaxaferon an ancient warrior paced down the hall to the right corridor to see Sertolic, a monstrous predator who was cleaning off his trophies, the skulls of honorable humans, aliens and several other exotic species of animals. Xaxaferon earned Sertolic’s attention and nodded to him, at that time Sertolic cleared away his trophies and walked up to Xaxaferon and the two shook shoulders. Sertolic began to slowly walk up to the front of the ship with Xaxaferon following him. While on the way Sertolic passed by several members of his hunting pack including Xerax and Guan Thwei.
Sertolic approached his Elder, Shivinyon he bowed before him and the two shook shoulders. His hunting pack then appeared behind him and they all bowed their heads before their Elder.

“Tyioe-ti launched." Shivinyon announced. “Nain-de Thwei, of Kainde Amedha and Pyode Amedha Shivinyon announced. Every creature present turned to each other and began to roar in excitement and triumph. They knew that it was that time, the time to seize the skulls of honorable. Shivinyon then announced, “Prepare.â€Â

All the creatures then separated from each other, and migrated toward their corridors to prepare for the hunt. Also for some of these predators it would be their, Kainde Amedha Chiva. It was time for yet another hunt for many predators, however for some it was the time for them to prove themselves to their elder and become warriors of the clan.

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 15 years ago

Nice work, your writing style reminds me of one of the darkhorse book: Predator: Turnabout. Its really good, I enjoyed the read.

Thank you PREDATORv2. I've never read that I've read the AvP books, Predator Cold War, and Concrete Jungle. Is Turnabout a good one?

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 15 years ago

Yes, be honest I haven't finished it, but its a good read, interesting there arn't many boring parts in it. It has the effect that you want to keep reading more. So I'd say its a good book, worth a read.

Okay thanks. I think I probably want to see if I can get it. Hopefully I'll find it. Thanks mate.

Also everyone Chapter Two should probably make it on here tomorrow. If not then definately the next day.

Scarred

Okay here is Chapter Two. There might be some revisions and additions.

Chapter Two: Preparation

“Okay Frost how is preparation going, are we making progress?†Mitchell asked.
“Yes Sir right now we are loading up our armory, what weapons do you suggest we bring aboard with us?†Frost asked.
“I really don’t have any specific requests, however I do request you bring our M41A Pulse Rifles and keep magazines handy.†Mitchell responded.
“Yes Sir we have our drop ship prep instructions finished, here follow me.†Frost added.
“Really?†Mitchell asked in amazement.
“Yes sir, it is complete follow me.†Frost explained.
Mitchell followed Frost down to the docking bay to their ships. He noticed almost everything really was complete and done correctly, “well done marines.†he announced.
“Thank you sir,†the marines said in return.
Frost announced to Ethers, “Set up the pulse rifles for use we are going to be using them a lot over this expedition. Also make sure you have a shit load of magazines, we‘ll need them.â€Â
“Yes Sir, is there any other specifics you want us to load up onto the ships Sir?†Ethers asked.
“No not yet Corporal, however I would suggest loading up some grenades, M16 Rifles and some Magnum handguns, flamethrowers and anything else you think would be ideal.â€Â
Ethers Saluted, â€ÂYes Sir.“
“Drop ship prep details and instructions are ready?â€Â
“Yes Lieutenant Mitchell, they are completed. I told you already.†Frost answered.
“Okay may I see it.†Mitchell asked.
“Oh I’m sorry right away Sir, sorry to keep you waiting.“ Frost responded.
“Its not a problem Sergeant,†Mitchell responded.

Mitchell examined the document and grinned, “perfect Frost I’m impressed well done.â€Â
“Thank you Sir we will return turn to our work stations. Okay marines continue to your work stations and complete our preparations.†Sergeant Frost announced.

Mitchell announced, okay marines each ship DarkSeige I and II will each consist of four major squadrons and a few other minor ones. Aboard DarkSeige I will consists of Squads Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and Delta. Leaders will be as followed:
Alpha: De Rosa
Beta: Jones
Gamma: Dawkins
Delta: Gomez
Aboard DarkSeige II the four major squadrons are Epsilon, Zeta, Omega, Omicron. The leaders will be as followed:
Epsilon: Myself
Zeta: Frost
Omega: Ethers
Omicron: Destephano
All of the leaders that I have just listed please gather around.†Mitchell ordered.
The eight squadron leaders surrounded Lieutenant Mitchell.
“Tomorrow when we arrive at LV-862 each of you will be responsible for the men in your designated squadron, please note that you must take the role of leadership to the highest level. Can you all do this?†Mitchell asked.
“Yes Sir.†Each leader said simultaneously.

Each leader left and returned to their designated work stations. However Frost saluted to Mitchell then they turned and migrated toward the two advanced military starships. The ships stood abnormally large fitting hundreds of soldiers. DarkSeige 1 and DarkSeige 2 were large carriers that held many soldiers plus a large armory and many military vehicles that are needed. Frost entered DarkSeige 1 to see mostly everything set and ready for takeoff. “Okay Marines we have approximately 24 hours until departure for this mission, once you have completed preparation get some rest and be prepared.†Frost announced.
“Yes be sure to be prepared because we don’t know if this is mission will be dangerous.†Ethers added as a warning.
“Hey, hey, hey come here we got something,†Dr. Khazmar shouted from across the room.
“What is it,†Mitchell asked while sprinting to Khazmar.
“We got a huge signal above the atmosphere of LV-862.†Khazmar explained.
“Yeah but what the hell is it.†Mitchell demanded.
“We have no idea but let’s take a look at it.†Khazmar announced.
“He turned on his computer. It flickered to a static screen and then sprung to life.â€Â
“What the hell!†They both shouted simultaneously.
“Where is it? I don’t see anything damn it!†Mitchell shouted.
Khazmar kept typing commands into his computer but the negative replies just kept on coming. He finally came up with a readout and ran to Mitchell and shouted.
“This computer readout says that whatever it is, it has a mass roughly a quarter of our moon.â€Â
“You said you had an image. Right?†Mitchell asked.
“Yes Lieutenant.†Khazmar answered.
“Where is it?†Mitchell asked angrily.
“I don’t know Sir. I just had an image a minute ago but then it just disappeared.†Khazmar explained.
“I don’t care how, but get an image.†Mitchell demanded.
“Holy Shit! but what the hell is it?†Mitchell demanded.
“I told you Lieutenant I don’t know.†Khazmar responded.
“I will try Lieutenant, but I can’t guarantee I will get anything.†Khazmar said.
“Well keep trying I’m sure we can come up with something.†Mitchell ordered.
“What if its aliens Sir!†Corporal Destephano exclaimed.
“Don’t be ridiculous Destephano, Aliens aren’t real now get back to work.†Mitchell ordered.

He turned and walked away in frustration and headed toward his office. He sat at his desk and opened up his Mission files.
United States Marine Core
Niobrara Wyoming: Area 28-03
Current Mission: Unidentified Phenomenon on LV-862
Mission Details: N/A
Mitchell began to type.
Phenomenon in space: Mass size a quarter of the moon.
Space stasis pods landed on surface of LV-862.
Mitchell began to stress out he was holding his head, “I feel like my head is going to explode.â€Â
Mitchell opened his desk drawer and pulled out a bottle of ibuprofen, he took two pills and took a sip of water. Corporal Ethers was standing in Mitchell’s doorway. “Sir?†Ethers asked.
Yes Ethers.†Mitchell answered.
“Is there something wrong?†Ethers asked.
“No I just have a headache, and I just don’t think anyone is ready for this mission.†Mitchell explained.
“But sir we are marines, we are always ready for anything that awaits us Sir.†Ethers replied.
“Okay Corporal return to your work stations and help the others finish so they can be ready for this.†Mitchell demanded.
“Very well Sir I’ll be on my way.†Ethers saluted and returned.
“Oh yes Ethers we are leaving tomorrow 06:00, make sure yourself and everyone else are prepared. Have Frost do this as well.†Mitchell added.
“Very well,†Ethers left.
Frost came up to Ethers and said preparation is complete.†Frost announced.
“Very well go tell the Lieutenant.†Ethers replied.
“I will don’t worry about it.†Frost assured.
Frost exited the prep room and entered Mitchell’s office. He knocked.
“Yes come in,†Mitchell answered.
“Sir our preparation is complete Lieutenant.†Frost exclaimed.
“Great okay tell everyone to get rest and I will brief them at 05:00 tomorrow.†Mitchell ordered.
“Very well Lieutenant.†Frost saluted to Mitchell and returned back to the Prep room.
“Ok marines may I have your attention.†Frost announced.
All the marines paused there work and glared up to Frost and De Rosa.

De Rosa signaled to Frost to begin, “Okay marines I want to congratulate you on your fantastic worth ethic and your completion on our preparation. We should all be up and ready at 05:00 I suggest you prepare yourselves and get plenty of rest. Expect this to be dangerous because it could be and I don’t want to go under the impression it won’t be.†Frost explained.
De Rosa approached Frost and complemented him on his work, “I just want to say you did a great job Frost.†De Rosa explained.
“Thank you Sir.†Frost responded. The two saluted to one another as a sign of respect for one another. The soldiers spread in different directions to the dormitory to get a good night sleep. As the soldiers entered the dormitory they greeted each other. Every soldier went to a different area to sleep.

Drifting through the reaches of space was the foreign ship where the fierce predators lived. Standing at the front of the ship was a lone Elder Shivinyon who was glaring into the deep dark void of space. The sounds of preparation sounded throughout the ship. The roars of excitement, sounds of blades extending and equipment and trophies being cleaned. Sertolic migrated to the north end of the ship to see Shivinyon glaring out to the distance. Sertolic bowed his head and stood next to Shivinyon and the two glared into the dark skies of space. He asked his Elder, “Nain-de?â€Â
“Nain-de Thwei of Oomans and Kainde Amedha.†Shivinyon responded.
Sertolic roared and moved back to his corridor. He looked up at his wall of weapons as well as his masks. Sertolic leaned toward the wall and grasped the middle mask, his most victorious mask that had a slight taint of red, that was covered with the blood that was spilt from countless victims that fell before his feet. He began to equip himself with his favored weapons that were hanging on the walls of his corridor. When Sertolic had all of his weapons he moved towards his clan brothers’ corridor where he saw several of his brethren preparing for “the hunt.†Meanwhile the ship began to hover over the atmosphere of LV-862. But the ship came to a sharp halt and just remained there for reasons unknown.

Back to the military base the marines were at rest ready to sleep and await the departure of their ships and to discover what this so called phenomenon was. One of the quarters was shared by Corporal Ethers, Pvt. Gomez, Lieutenant De Rosa, Sgt. Frost and Corporal Destephano. They were preparing to go to sleep. “Hey Gomez!†Destephano called out.
“Yeah buddy what’s going on?†Gomez replied.
“Are you scared man?†Destephano asked.
“No why? What about you?†Gomez asked.
“No just kind of worried. What if there are aliens?†Destephano explained.
“There aren’t any aliens buddy. Okay I can guarantee that, plus you are a higher rank than me so you shouldn’t be worrying about anything. But come on we got to get to sleep we’re the only ones awake.†Gomez assured Destephano.
“Alright good night buddy.†Destephano added.
The two then began to sleep on their beds and shut their eyes in a matter of minutes. The entire dormitory went from conversations and slight whispers, to dead silence in a matter of minutes. All the marines then were sleeping their departure for their mission would be waiting for them in the morning when they wake up from their sleep. But the grave question most marines asked themselves was, would this mission go by as smoothly as expected?

The Predators remained in their corridors continuing their preparation. Most of the predators remained in one corridor as they were suiting up. Shivinyon entered the Warriors corridor and saw his clan preparing for their hunt. The tusks on his face extended in a pleasing manner, the roars of triumph, blades extending and steel armor soothed his mind. Shivinyon looked around and saw his clan was almost fully prepared, he then walked to the other side of the warrior’s corridor to see his lone mask and sacred weapons on the end wall. Shivinyon grabbed his mask and his combistick that was covered with sacred adornments from previous hunts. Sertolic approached Shivinyon and nodded his head in curiosity. Shivinyon equipped all of his weapons and made his way to the main communication link and center of the ship.

Many others followed them, including Xerax, Guan Thwei, Guan Hult’ah, Zenwi Sai and Yeyinde Nih’koute. Their eyes followed Shivinyon’s footsteps. Eventually they all stood still in the center of the ship, they began to shake shoulders and glare at each other. Suddenly all the noise died out to complete silence. Shivinyon raised his combistick to the air and exclaimed, “Nain-de thwei of Kainde Amedha and Pyode Amedha!
Every single predator let out a monstrous roar of triumph, Shivinyon was most pleased with his clan’s response.

The excitement of the warriors could be felt through the trembling of the ship and could be heard for miles. The ship remained still and hovered over the atmosphere of LV-862, it was now time. Time for the hunt to begin.

Shivinyon announced, M-di H’chak M-di H’dlak. Payas Leitjin-de Hma’mi-de To Nain Desintye-de. Shortly after the predators began to migrate a few at a time toward the escape pods..