Hall Of Fame Thread

sissoko, Undefined, 15 years ago

I think it would be better if a moderator recreated this thread and pinned it to the top of the website

This is a thread where previous and current greats of the site are honored for their achievements and placed in a position of immortality here. Im not sure how it should work but i guess we should just start forwarding names of greats who have RETIRED from the site or members who havent been seen in a while or members that are here but will be in this list anyway. Maybe if theres any queries about members current moderators should cast the final vote

THis is something all sites that have been around the block a few time should have and i think we should to.

Keep editing the original post so all the names remain at the top of the board clear for all to see. Once a mod has read the intro to this thread they can delete the explanation at the top.

il start, the number of these that make it into the list will depend entirely on how selective and exclusive the moderator want the list to be.

Bughunt
Deathdrop
Daveberg
TopDog
Otang
Salker
PEDATORv2
K20A2
Angus Alien
The_Doctor
Killswitch
Celtic 102
Donut
Crow
Iseljin
TDN
Malus-Darkblade
Predatoress
Tropic (Harrigan)
Maverick

Lone_Hunter2, Undefined, 15 years ago

you should have deathwraith in there and you missspelled s"T"alker (salker-stalker).

Peterson, Undefined, 15 years ago

Pvt.Vasquez is not in there.

Waralien, Undefined, 15 years ago

Neither is Kidd.

black_warrior, Undefined, 15 years ago

Not trying to sound insanely mean, but I wouldnt think Pvt. Vasquez to be a great member of the AVP2 site. Its really just my opinion though...I havent seen him on in ages, and dont really remember much of what he did. I do think this list is a good idea, but it could lead to arguments, or people asking why they arent on the list. Everyone would vote for themselves or someone else to be on the list, and if taken into the list every single active member of the site would be on, although i highly doubt noobs would be put into this list as they rarely stay on the site at all.

-Bloo-, Undefined, 15 years ago

I think the list is great as long as people act maturely about it. Saying you deserve to be on it usually suggests that you don't deserve to be on it - starting fights about it really isn't the best way to go, either.

shadowatching, Undefined, 15 years ago

Dont forget about kidd. Kidd has been there alot, for us all. From the Noobs to the experienced. if it wasn't for him, i may be a noob still. Even Stalker helped me in the same area and Predess did alot as well, man three people that took alot of influence in my life, when I first started this site.Doc took alot of my bitching, when i was upset. I honor him alot for that, able to undrstand me and calm me down, even predess helped too. -cries-... -sighs in content-

I dont wish to remember Malus at all -huffs- It may sound childish now, but I have my reasons.

people! what are you all talking about? Read the thread, this is just my list. All you have to do is read my list and think "Whos not in it that should be" and add them. Than a moderator can create a new thread titled "HALL OF FAME" PInned and bolded with the names theyve decided who make the overall moderator list.

Also just because your not in it now dosent mean you wont be, maybe you just have a little more to contribute to the site.

Like i said im an older member you have to respect that fact that i havent been here in two year and i cant know everyone. These are people that were giving more to the site than you guys will ever know back then and im sure there are people that having been giving more to the site than il ever know now, understand? so keep adding names of those who i miss. no need to redo the whole list. just think who ive forgotten

anyway, this thing will be like the sites academy awards when its redone by a mode and pinned and bolded

and you get the picture, but well have to come up with more native naming conventions to keep this tidy and ensure there arent two ways of wording the same contribution like ive done above. its a bit of a mess but you get the idea.

Crow -
Iseljin -
TDN - The man himself, il miss ya bro
Malus-Darkblade
Predatoress
Tropic (Harrigan)
Maverick
"

PREDATORv2, Undefined, 15 years ago

Sissoko don't take this the wrong way, but I believe this is a bad idea, as you can see now people are starting to argue about who should or shouldn't be on the list, and it hasn't even started yet. Great members will always be remembered, you don't need a list to do that, its a very nice thought, but I think its unnecessary.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 15 years ago

Yea, it is a bad idea since you're not gonna include me, i obviously did all the work!

But seriously, if predess is there, it's wrong.

lol Waralien i am Pvt_Vasquez my account was deleted because of the _ in my name. lol P deleted all the accounts like that because it glitched the system and you couldnt veiw their profiles lol but i have been around alot more then you may think lol i was sub-leader of AD for a long time now i am full Leader of AD.

You might mean me Peterson, not Waralien.
Although if there would be no more Vasquez i wouldnt see much of a point in putting him in there, since you and he are the same person.

i disagree, people only know whats in front of them. to say otherwise is unlogical especially since the sites been around for a long time. How can someone who registered yesterday acknowledge the greats from before hand

People arent arguing about who should be in it, there just naming people who shouldnt be forgotten and i said i couldnt possible know everyone that deserves to be on the list which proves my previous point.

I was here before you, do you remember GLOVER? i doubt it

but sure, i see your point, this can become awkward. Thanks anyway

I never knew Glover, but Ive read through many old topics...I dont remember much, and Im not saying I know you, but I do (in a way) remember you.

To make sure Im thinking of the right person...Did you leave the site some time back for reasons related to the rules of the site, namely about Sigs?

yes. back when no one was following the sig regulations regarding size davberg decided that only moderators could wear sigs and all members couldnt as punishment including those who had or may have abided by the rules the whole time. i felt this was unffair.

i was here long before that along with some of the first here including dave DD Donut e.t.c

yes true

-Bloo-, Undefined, 15 years ago

What about... I never knew him and never really got to know how to correctly spell his name, but what about K20A2 (sp?)? He seemed like a really great guy.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 15 years ago

Yea

K20A2 is in the original list anyway bloo. Yes he was a great member

we've lost alot of good members in my time here, which bites but oh welll what are you going to do? nothing we can do.