Question + the return of an old member

x_saysell, Human, 15 years ago

Well I have decided to return after nearly two years of just watching this place fall apart and all the veterans leave; so anyone that actually remembers me say hey.

Although I doubt that will be many of you, so to keep this relevant to the respective franchises: On a long enough timeline do any of you believe that the xenomorph could develop a primitive tool system (we have already seen them display a developed although somewhat primitive, mind. In the development of a society, understanding and the ability to learn) so do any of you believe this in turn could be used to develop a system of tool use or similar

By the way its good to be back.

Waralien, Human, 15 years ago

Well I can't really say yes. The aliens main choice of tools are their own bodies. I don't know if they could develop a tool or not. Yes they have shown the ability to learn things and over come them but as for tools its a different story.
Oh yes my names Waralien, I think I've seen you here before. Not really sure where though.

x_saysell, Human, 15 years ago

Well all sentient beings (humans primates Ect) started out using their own bodies and developed this, even if it is just as simple as using something like a stone to break something or using a stick to gather termites.
So maybe the xeno could develop a similar system (probably not using sticks though lol)

Oh and you have probably seen this account name on the Latest Visits section, because, I have been using this account to watch the forums lol

Waralien, Human, 15 years ago

I see, in any case, I really can't imagine an alien using something like a stick or something like that but it would be an interesting thing to see. But I honestly don't know how far an alien is allowed to think within its own hive. As far as I know only the Queen and alien horde commanders are allowed any independent thought. (alien horde commanders- im refering to the commading or alpha aliens that seem much smarter than their bretherin: ex. Grid from AVP, the alien who staged the escape in Alien Res., and the Predalien from AVPR.)

Peterson, Human, 15 years ago

Hey hey hey welcome back bro! hope your here to serve with the USCM again, btw i was Pvt.Vasquez a long time ago not sure if i served with you.

TITANOSAUR, Human, 15 years ago

welcome back. not sure if I remember you though.

I beleave an Alien is capable of learning and possibly evolving. although I don't think we'll see any "CaveAliens" in loyn cloths, and holding a big club writing on the walls. although we've seen how smart thay could be. they are basicly like Velociraptors. if they are left to stay alive fore more then the Alien in the films have, then we may see some intelegence brewing.

lol CaveAliens.

FireHunter, Human, 15 years ago

Yeah, I'm FireHunter, but i ain't sure if i know you, or seen you around ever. i think i joined late 2006.
Anyway, i believe Aliens would probably end up picking up something like a sword, and find out how to use it(decapitating some poor unfortunate hobo, perhaps) and be pleased with the results.

DeathWraith, Human, 15 years ago

I'm sorry to say this, but you are all not really like you know... very smart and attentive. "Some inteligence"? And there's alien fans saying this? Have you payed attention at all to aliens in the movies? A newborn alien is capable of understanding humans very well, even a chestburster is capable of outsmarting humans, also they manage to learn very quickly how complex machines work (well, they can press a btton, but the queen did manage to work a lift). They are not as smart as humans, they are much smarter, the averege intelligence coefficient of a species is determined by the percentage of the body's mass that the mass of the brain reprisents. Have you ever noticed how big aliens' brains are compared to their bodies? However, they have a hive mind, which means they have their own personalities as long as the queen lets them. They would not pick up tools and start displaying that personality through art and inovative ideas, because in a hive, they are not individuals. All the intelligence they have is used only to protect the hive and the queen. And queens would also not start to do stuff like that, because they may have the authority in the hive, but they are still part of the hive and they do not detatch themselves from that until they feel it may be compromised. If a queen were to remain alone, she wouldn't be able to start doing all that by herself either, because she would feel pretty lonely and would just start a new hive.

Polish_Bear, Human, 15 years ago

Even if they were given enough time they still wouldn't develop very much because all the 'individuals' so to speak, would be under the control of the Queen and as a result be kept stagnate 'culturally' and only try new things on a forced case by case basis. For instance creation of art or music more or less necessitates down time and if all the aliens are kept constantly on the Queen's beck and call they have no opportunity to develop 'culture'.

-Bloo-, Human, 15 years ago

Aliens aren't free thinkers, unless they're a Grey or a Newborn. Then again, the Newborn's a mama's boy. Or daughter. I forget what that pile of shite is.
Still, they're not stupid.

Also, Velociraptors aren't as smart as the media makes them out to be. Intelligent, but not smart enough to do some of the stuff Alan Grant said they could. At least I don't think so. Hey, I'm no dinosaur expert.

And welcome back, I joined early 2006, so I don't think I remember you.

DeathWraith, Human, 15 years ago

Velociraptors would have been as smart as cats i think, only they would hunt in packs in stead of alone. Cats are almost as smart as chimps, i've read...

tawganator, Human, 15 years ago

The only tools I can see a xeno using are simple large objects for constructing the hive or using them to block a path for prey to escape them. Maybe they will use large club like objects hor hunting but nothing more then their own body. I dont belive that they will create their own tools, but just use the ones around them in what ever purpose for the Hive.

predator428, Human, 15 years ago

Someone made a good point to this in a similar topic, I think DeathWraith, but that point was that the aliens don't need to develop any kinds of tools. They are at a near perfect evolutionary state as it is and developing tools would be like a fifth wheel.

And I think I remember you x_saysell, fairly sure that one of my first posts was in a topic of yours.

TITANOSAUR, Human, 15 years ago

I can see an Alien picking up a Shrapnel and using it as a stabing tool. but going as far to say they are capable of doing something like fire a gun, or building a weapon or tool is going a little far. if Aliens can go beyong they're avarage thinking abilitys, they would possibly only use these abilitys to protect the hive, or to hunt.

All Aliens have personalitys, they may not show it. but they do. particularly Alphas.

superxinyang, Human, 15 years ago

my friend did play a game that says alien uses lazer guns and other things

praetorian14, Human, 15 years ago

as smart as cats my ass velociraptors are well i should say were smarter than dolphins and dolphins if they had fingers could make i pods if they wanted and this isn't film saying this its science. but back to the xeno theorie some fans think that the aliens in AVP R were the primitive xenomorphs because AVP R takes place now and as the aliens evolved more distinctive. and all that the aliens did in AVP R just climbed around and protected the predalien plus the xenos jaws were more pointed than the original films witch took place in the future.mabey the xenos on ALIENS had not evolved yet and kept that network of ridges on there head. but that is some fans theories not mine but like waralien said they could have there own personality witch could able them to use tools but only if the queen allowed it.

What's so complicated about pulling a trigger? Anyone can do it. Reloading they may not be able to do, but pulling a trigger is as simple as opening a door. Aiming, maybe, they can aim acid out of their mouthes.

FireHunter, Human, 15 years ago

hang on praetorian14, you have just given me the PERFECT excuse to say why the aliens in AvP-R were thrown around like they were nothing, cause they were primitive!.
Anyway, a trigger is simple to us, think about an alien's hands, they are too large to even fit into the trigger handle.

ormr, Human, 15 years ago

THAT IS TRUE I JUST WACHED MY AVP AND AVPR

Stalker, Human, 15 years ago

Let me reiterate what you just said praetorian14, so we can all appreciate its sheer stupidity:

"If dolphins had fingers, they could make iPods."

What in the hell does that have to do with anything? My God, this site has fallen even further than I thought.

Wait... what's true? That Aliens use guns?