Opinions

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 15 years ago

Post what you think of this website, if you have any suggestions or ideas, or if you have complaints or issues with the site please post them.

It's late for me, so I'll add my opinions later on..

shadowatching, Yautja, 15 years ago

The site is fine, Just need members that can ask good questions, or bump up those that was good in the past for the new ideas to be typed out.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 15 years ago

I lol'd... more than 70% of the things i liked about this site are gone now. I don't see this place as a place anymore, but more like a former place, that used to be a place, but isn't a place anymore.

Peterson, Yautja, 15 years ago

i miss all the old active members we used to have here lik Hyro, Stalker, Donut(she is active but not as much) ya know the people that made this such a great place... we should look into expanding more and more. I think some new material in the sites structure itself should be added.

predator428, Yautja, 15 years ago

Stalker is still active Peterson, he has just had some internet problems. I think Praetorian needs to come out of his cave and do some updates around the site.

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 15 years ago

Yeah, there is a serious need of updating to this site, I suppose P will get around to it sometime.

Give me an opinion on this idea: Would you all like to see more rpgs on this site? I know the site wasn't designed for rpging, but you can only tear apart the alien/predator/avp topics for so long, and people really seem to enjoy rpgs. Maybe we could brainstorm ideas for locations, story plots and so on. I see that in a lot of the main forum rpgs, many people want to do one on one battles with one another but end up not being able to do so because of keeping with the rest of the story. So maybe we could introduce some one on one rpgs. As well as having a good time, it would help members improve their rpg, story telling and grammer skill level.

lol i can see it now

Peterson's Book of How to:
RPG 101

lol

I've been suggesting a sparring topic for a long time now, but you should know better than to listen to me.

Waralien, Yautja, 15 years ago

Hey I re-re-started the My Skull again. The first time it was shut down due to problems that may have occured. Then I started it back up and it still hasn't been stopped. Try asking.

@Death, we had a sparring room. But, it just went silly with lots of stupid noobish fights. More of "Vampire vs predator or alien" kind. Not the human vs yautja, or human vs alien or something along those lines.

PREDATORv2 @

I think that, there should be two RPG's roughly at once. I mean like if one clan takes on another, then the two that is left should RP that way there is noone ignoring the other. I would like to be able to have a human vs predator vs alien RPg soon again, this time have Mods in both or one of each. LIke If there is two of them going on, one mod from each side would be nice to see inside of the RPG, unlike the last one....I hope you understand my little rant words.

lol good idea on that my clan is mostly dead i have two other semi active members, no clue what happend to my Sub-Leader so ya once i get more members i will be glad to hop in and have some fun

-Bloo-, Yautja, 15 years ago

Well, it's looked the same the 2 years I've been here. It's not big, but maybe a little design update or something.

I like the fact that a lot of you over the years have said that there aren't any great members left, or aren't that many. You know what? Make great members out of the people still here and the ones that are joining. My two cents.

Oh, and also, new members need to read the rules. They're there. You're here. You might as well read them. READ THE RULES. Read. Rules. They're the thing you should consider reading before you start posting.

EDIT: Wow. The Sparring topic. I remember some of those those fights. Some of them... they, uh... they weren't that good. No offense. Although some of those people who sparred may not be active today.

black_warrior, Yautja, 15 years ago

Im still active.....not as much, but ill try and be on more. The sparring topic was a good idea while it lasted, i would like to see it or something similar brought back.

Although the reading the rules thing does seem to be a reocurring problem. Too many new membs dont read the rules, and its just plain annoying and somewhat lowers the quality of this site.
Some members it seems just dont read the rules at all even after they are told, although thankfully some of them leave after a while.

the point of the sparring topic is to make your RPG posts better, which means they will be bad at first. If mods took their modding seriously and actually deleted or notified people to edit posts unfit for an RPG in the sparring topic as i suggested, people would get better i believe.

TITANOSAUR, Yautja, 15 years ago

well, needless to say, I think there needs to be changes to the site, in more ways then just the lay out and design. I know this is an AvP site, but I think its safe to say we pretty much discused everything on the two franchises. maybe its time to lighten up on the Off Topic posts. I know it seems stupid but face it. we talked about everthing there is to talk about.

an RPG would be great. but don't just limit it to just the clans. I'm not even in a clan (I tried to join the Hive but I got blown off). also it may be nice to let the Memebers not just the mods start an RPG. or atleast let a Member pitch an Idea for one. I know I am going against the rules but things are diffrent. and the Rules seem to contridict alot of the time. theres little activity because the Rules states we must stay with Alien or Predator topics. or that Members cannot make and RPG, only a Mod can. maybe there should be a reworking of the Rules. I know the original Mods (Stalker and some others) tried to fix the rules, but never got to it. I think it was the nOObs I could be wrong. but it may be best to try to rework the rules again. but thats what I'd do anyways. just putting in my two cents.

as I said an RPG would be nice. be nicer if it be good for all members (I'll leave it up with you all about the nOObs, but I say leave them out). not just clan members.

An RPG with a member, doing the said RPG did happen. I do agree, idea's should be pitched, for it to happen. But, I was just saying that mods should just join the rpg, even the sparring room, that way the Noobs and members that has been here, for a while, can try and up their fighting and rping skills. HEll, MY skull is ok, but as you can see, its a noobish sparring room.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 15 years ago

That's a great point, but still, they weren't 'okay.'
I remember Isejin (sorry, sp?) wrote an RPG 101 thing with Dave and Bughunt I think, where did that go? What she wrote was great, that actually helped me when I first read it.

i agree we should have a sparring topic on here and as for the last RPG i dont think i did to badly putting it together. By the way how did everyone enjoy that?

sissoko, Yautja, 15 years ago

old member returning here, i believe my account was deleted when the site files where migrated.

Anyway, people are always talking about the legends that have left but hey, there gone. The site must go on. I know its weird considering i havent been here for ages but im here now and i want to make a go of the site. I think we should create a hall of fame thread and pin it. It could be a way of saying "ok, these guys contributed alot to the site and now theyve retired" weve acknowledged there attributes and now lets move on with the site. No one member is bigger than the site

Predator, id love an RPG to sink my teeth into

what was your account name?

sissoko, Yautja, 15 years ago

Glover. Me and TDN were marshaling the draconis long before your time private