Why???

Crpl_Hicks, Undefined, 18 years ago

Aliens is a great movie in all, but why did Ripley want to save Newt in the end but not the soilders in the beggining? I mean, I can see how they might think that the aliens were farther away from thier hive and they had killed a bunch of aliens but still. It's wierd.

hicksani.gif

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

maternal instinct buddy

maybe cause newt remind her of here daughter i dont know

A shadow is a thing that follows you
we follow you to we are know as the SHADOWSTRIKERS

Crpl_Hicks, Undefined, 18 years ago

Right right.

hicksani.gif

Stalker, Undefined, 18 years ago

Ripley had a daughter? I think it's because of the maternal instinct aswell. But she also wouldn't have cared as much about the marines & going in to get them would be almost suicide but then getting back newt wasn't exactly safe

daveberg, Undefined, 18 years ago

Ripley was distraught at losing her Daughter because of her prolonged cryo-sleep, Saving Newt was like Ripley saving her daughter, her maternal instincts came into play and she wanted to make ammends for not being able to get back in time to be with her daughter on her 11th birthday.

headmansig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

Totally, You'd think Weyland would get the point somewhere along the line. 'Ok this isn't working, time to rethink our stratagy...'

headmansig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

That's what they tried in alien res. They thought they could contain them & look what happened

Topdogg, Undefined, 18 years ago

think it's because newt was just a little girl hiding from the aliens and the marines had guns that when bang bang newt had a doll

topdogg2.jpg

oh I didn't know that. I've watched the special edition before but must've missed that, I'll have to watch it again. But what about at the end of alien 3 when bishop said "you still can have a life, children" s if she didn't have one?

Bishop knew he'd hit a nerve with Ripley if he mentioned children, For a second, i think she actually considered his offer.

headmansig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

Yeah that's gotta be the case. The offer would've been hard to resist though but If the aliens broke out she probably would've died anyway

Exactly, no-one really has the tools to keep aliens restrained, the species of the human race would've been wiped out no sooner had Weyland got his grubby hands on the specimen.....

headmansig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

Aliens - Special edition. Ripley's daughter = Amanda Ripley Mclaren.

Burke show's Ripley a photograph of her and tells her that amanda died around the age of 62 (as far as i can recall, i think i'm wrong.)

headmansig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

i think the guy is right the so called amy was ripleys daughter woulded it be weaird she was alive and then ripley comes along and there you have it a mother thats youger then the dughter thats weird

I live for the battle I live for the hunt
I live for my friends I live for the hunt
I will die for the prize I will die for my elder
I will die for the Queen I am in charge of my men and wil not put them in dange i am loyal to my clan i obey and i do not disobey i am loyal

Celtic_Warrior, Undefined, 18 years ago

some kind of chick thing, i'm no woman but i probably wud have done the same