Predator thieves?

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 15 years ago

Do you think predators created their own technology or simply stole it from another technologically advanced race, even the space jockeys?

I believe their technology is too well rounded around their culture to be stolen, their weapons and armor are perfectly matched for what their lives revolve around: the hunt.

What is your opinion?

predator428, Yautja, 15 years ago

I don't see any reason to think that the predators didn't create their technology themselves. I guess it is not hard to believe that they could have taken an early version of their tech from an advanced species and adapted it to fit their needs. While the predators may have a brutal culture, that doesn't mean they were not able to make their own technological advances.

TITANOSAUR, Yautja, 15 years ago

I find it interesting to think that they had been tought to build like they helped humans to build. then they turned on who ever helped them.

alien-drone, Yautja, 15 years ago

it is a possibility

shadowatching, Yautja, 15 years ago

IF they stole the technology, then we are talking about a race bigger then the yautja and that would be like God to Christians. I don't mean to bring it up in this post or anything, but what can I compare it to?

But back on topic, IF the yautja did steal the tech, THEN what would be bigger, what if they had a small help of some kind, like a push. All we had was the yautja's telling us how to build and make fire the rest just clicked in to place.

bad-blood, Yautja, 15 years ago

i think they might of been taught how to create their tech by another species which they would of considered their god

DeathWraith, Yautja, 15 years ago

w00t, too bad you brought that up, you just triggered my "damnit you useless averege human beings you have no idea what God is" alarm. So umm, no, a race higher than the Yautja would not be like God among gods, because gods can't steal technology from God. What you should have compared them to would be titans, because the greek gods stole their power over the world from the titans and then imprisoned them.

tawganator, Yautja, 15 years ago

Some how I got the jist of what you said and it does make sence. On the other hand we will never know for sure.

shadowatching, Yautja, 15 years ago

Death, I said would be like so I never said there was a god, now did I?

alien-drone, Yautja, 15 years ago

nope you didnt

DeathWraith, Yautja, 15 years ago

BUT, shadow, it really has no importance whether you say there is a god or not, because God doesn't guide His existence after what you say... AND, no, it wouldn't be, that's what i said, a civilisation wouldn't be comparable to God. If you compare anything to God you clearly missinterpret what God is, just like that VICARIVS FILII DEI of a pope.

Now stp it about this, i don't wanna spam this topic any further.

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 15 years ago

"race bigger then the yautja and that would be like God to Christians."-

Shadow I don't know why you put it that way, but the race wouldn't necessarily have to be 'bigger' or better than the predators they could of just been older and a bit more advanced.

What could of happened was an alien ship crash landed on the predator planet before the predators had been able to travel through space and that is how they got their start on technology. That is if you believe they didn't develop their own, which I don't.