AVP 2 Slow Sluggish Problems

DemonKangaroo, Undefined, 15 years ago

I use Game Spy Atcade to load the game up since its easier, anyway when I do I'm always getting slugging slow gameplay like 8 times out of 10. Thing is it works well sometimes but mosty it slugs up so it cant be my computer not being able to handle the game since it works ok sometimes. I try inserting the disc to play the game but still get sluggish gameplay, if anyone could give me advice to change an option or download better gaming software that would be great.

PREDATORv2, Undefined, 15 years ago

One issue is your computer, and to solve that problem you may have to spend money, but try going into the settings menu during gameplay and lowering all the graphic settings to low, it will make the game look worse, but it will speed it up. The other problem is gamespy, I hate that damn program, it used to lag my computer, and I found out that it is much much easier and faster to just play multiplayer through the game and not through gamespy, so try doing that too. If both of those don't make a visable difference in the speed, the problem is your computer, you may have too many programs on your harddrive, or your graphics card isn't powerful enough to play the game. If your willing to spend money on your computer, what would help greatly is getting a better graphics card, the one I suggest, that will play AVP2 with ease is ATI's 1080x Graphics card for around 80.00 dollars US.

_Zwecky_, Undefined, 15 years ago

I managed to get a 512mb ATI Radeon x1650 PRO off eBay for only $85 AUD. It is an excellent card for its price range and would suggest you look into one as a cheap card.

Perhaps you could post your computer specs so that we may judge if your computer is capable of running it properly?