Why new mods?

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

"We'd like to welcome PREDATORv2 & Angus Alien as the newest board moderators, congrats guys."

wut? srsly? Angus, who is almost never online, was made a moderator so that certain people wouldn't be able to say anything about how other people saw fit to make yet another member of the Balatu clan a moderator, when most people were saying that Kidd should be the new moderator? Or am i just paranoid and PREDATORv2, who just locked a 54 pages topic for the reason that "it's gone on long enaugh" really is the best choice...? How the hell are topics supposed to get to 100+ pages, if 54 is long enaugh? And if someone makes an offensive post, is a moderator not supposed to remove the post, or edit it, or warn the person who made it, in stead of locking the whole topic? Ah, but what the hell am i talking about, i'm an ass kisser, congrats on becoming a mod, PRED <3 ...

MrXeno, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

Well i wonder how this will be. But i hope the new mods wasnt elected by some mod because they are "best friends 4 ever who ass kiss each other <3<3<3" Since thats not how you choose someone to be a mod. You choose them for their abilities, understanding, social skills and that they manage to respect others and their opinions. And best of all, they are choosen because most members agree to this. But if this is a corrupt fascist site then thats another story.

I just hope we wont ever get mods that disrespect everyone, and think they know everything, being better than everyone. As well dislikes everyone because of their lifestyle, religion, political views, gender, age, spelling and grammar problems, personal issues... And because no one wants to date them or have a relationship with them...

But you never know ;)

^ Gah! *slaps own forehead* Just so you know, i didn't mean it like that, that is an entirely different issue between two other people that has nothing to do with me.

The-Wolf, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

My only question is Angus, I've never seen him on before.

PREDATORv2, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

DreathWraith the reason I locked the topic was not only because it had gone on long enough as you stated, but as you saw by lilwrek's post it was turning into a battle of opinions, it really lost track of what the topics main purpose was about, and that is really all that topic is, opinions. You can only make assumptions on which alien is the best, by the information given to us by movies and games. The purpose of good topics is quality not quantity. As for the other topic I locked, that was self explanatory.

And Mr. Xeno its grand that you decided to show your face again, I see not to add anything to the forum. I'm not here to argue with any of you, whats done is done. I can say because of stalker being the person he is, bribery and ass kissing do not work, nor would I need to do something like that, my time here shows what kind of person I am. I was voted to be a moderator by people (yes that pural) who thought that it was the right thing to do.

From what I remember Mr. Xeno the members never had much to do with the selection of new mods, it is the job of other moderators to decide who is right. Unless things changed dramatically. I don't see anyone else having a major issue except you. Now I understand the reason you come on here is to let everyone know time and again of the terrible oppression and treatment you received on this site. You call this site 'corrupt' and 'fascist' and you talk about how foolish and unfair the moderator team is, yet many people get along just fine on this site and enjoy it. You say this treatment was due to "lifestyle, religion, political views, gender, age, spelling and grammar problems, personal issues." Think about it..Could it be because of your actions? Because you knowingly disregaurded the rules of this forum, and because you were called on your actions and disciplined? Take responsibility for your actions instead of trying to accuse people of discrimination.

You want to come on this site, post in the topics and talk about what this site was made for, feel free! Infact I encourage it, we need that to happen around here, but if your only goal is to show up to antagonize this place and it's people, you are falling on deth ears.

Hmmmmm that is "def ears", not "death ears", PRED. Also, i would like someone to tell me when exactly MR.Xeno ever did anything that was against the rules of this site... Except for that "offensive" quote in is sig, which is ridiculous, because i could say that i am offended by the word "if" and that would mean either noone usig that word again as long as i'm here or you would be discriminating me for my lifestyle, beliefs, religion, etc. But this is not what i made this topic for.

I would like to know how come a bunch of people competent enaugh to elect an inactive site member as a mod were also competent enaugh to elect PREDARTORv2 as a mod, how many those people were, and how many of them are in the same clan as PREDATORv2.

As i've vaguely said before, i have no problem with any of the people involved in this matter, but some of it looks ridiculously wrong to me.

The-Wolf, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

How is this wrong Deathwraith, is it because PREDATOR doesn't post random postless stuff on here? I think PRED knows what he's doing and deserves the spot. I don't see how you couldn't see it coming anyways. Congrads PRED.

Kidd, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

Heh, don't worry about it too much Deathwraith, maybe it is because I'm human and not intelligent as a xeno and lawful as a yautja. Oh well, Congratulations, Angus and PREDATOR.

TITANOSAUR, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

I see nothing wrong with it. PRED seems well enough for the job. frankly I beleave more mods are needed. even though this site is hanging on a thread of activity, this doesn't mean the site should have a bunch of Noobs goin on about the site posting jibberish. there are still some members comming to the site and like myself am sure they don't want the site lost because the activity of the site isn't like it used to be, or Noobs join and Spam the place rediculess. and we need mods to keep things in check. frankly I haven't realy seen any mods one as much anymore. only a few. two or three at the most. but yeah Congrats PRED.

_Zwecky_, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

I am all too happy that PREADTORv2 got the mod position, but I do not understand the selection of Angus. He is an excellent member of the site but he is very rarely active these days.

PREDATORv2, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

Deathwraith you were kind of correct, the word I was looking for was 'deaf'.

Mr. Xeno I understand you have personal vises against certain members of the moderatorion team and me, but you do not know me, you've never spoken to me outside of this topic, and your personal attacks on me, whether they be intentional or not, are unnecessary. I'm going to take your apologize as sincere. You of all people should know that posting something like you did in your first post would spark a reply, but like I said whether you did it on purpose or not I do not care. You have a point to make, I'm listening. Honestly I don't see how this effects you at all Mr. Xeno, you don't come on the site, but rarely. I can only see your post as a cheap shot at me, and thats what it was. Like I said before, if your going to participate in this site, go for it, you'll get no grief from me, but Do not attack me personally.

Thank you very much TITANOSAUR, The Wolf, and Zwecky. I myself don't understand why angus was picked, don't get me wrong he was a great member he just hasn't been on in a long time.

So there, I'm done bitching, Mr. Xeno if you have an issue, I'd be more than happy to sit down and hear it.

black_warrior, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

I myself dont see why there would be a fuss about PRED being selected as a mod. I also dont get what the number of mods in a clan has to do with anything, which was something Death Wraith was trying to make a point about.

About the selection of Mods i do think Kidd would have been a better selection compared to Angus, not bashing Angus, but he is hardly active, if at all.

FireHunter, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

Congrats, lads!
I honestly believe we need a new mod for the Hive, Daveberg or Crow are never on anymore, and i've seen two members of the Hive including myself on this site in the last few months, it's starting to bug me (excuse the pun) and, quite honestly, the last post in the Hive apart from my own failed attempt at rebooting the Hive, was made last year sometime

Sam-Jack-Dunn, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

I dunno....Angus Alien as a mod? I thought the point of getting new mods was to have them being active. I don't really see Angus as active at all. Last time I saw him online or post was...god, I think just before I re-joined AD. That's a fair while back.

And that was ONCE.

And as for Pred V2. Well, I honestly don't really have any problems with that. I'll admit that the fact that Balatu seems to be gaining massive power over this site, frankly pisses me off, but that's more of a general problem, and nothing against Pred V2 personally.

At least he's active.

the_doctor, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

geez what is this, anyone would think that balatu is some evil corporation trying to take over the site with some sort of ultimate biological weapon. everyone needs to just relax and stop complaining about politics.

Sam-Jack-Dunn, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

I dunno about a corporation, but they're sure as hell evil.

Ah, but politics iz da shiiiiiiiiiit!

And yes, the word is "deaf" -.-' Don't hate me, hate my keyboard. I try and try but these damn keys just won't do what i tell them.

Now Cory, YES, YOU ARE CORRECT, YOU CAUGHT ME!!! A mod should always post random pointless stuff, isn't this what i've been on about all of these years? Yeah, i say, take all mods down and make lilwrek the new single universal moderator!

Seriously though, i may have forgotten what was so wrong about it since last night, apart from Angus being made a mod. Yea, i remember now, theway i see it, the reason for these fast mod additions was that Stalker and DD, the only active mods on this site, felt they needed a vacation so they rushed int making two random people they knew better the new mods! This, without taking in consideration the opinions of the other members. Now i'm not saying anything about DD, because he, as far as i know, never said that he hated this site and despised all of it's members. Now maybe the reason behind my jumping at PRED's decision to lock that topic is that i am sick of locks after locks after locks and no members getting warned after weeks of useless spam, i don't know PRED well enaugh to be able to say if he's good enaugh or if he isn't for a moderator position, which is why seing Angus a mod made me doubt this. If an inactive member was made a moderator, i assume that this decision was made not caring if the person was or was not good enaugh to be a moderator here because those who made him a moderatordidn't care about this site anymore, as one of the two active mods, won't say which one, once said indeed. Hmmm so if i think about it, the reason i'm not feeling confortable with PRED as a mod is tat all i know about him is that he determined Predess to leave the clan... Which kinda gets to being personal, huh? If Cory, for example, had been amde a mod in stead of PRED, i wouldn't have said anything, because apart from a weak sense of humour (which at his age is pretty sad), he is a good, trustworthy, open-minded guy. Now i don't know any of those about PRED, but from what i see, only Predess and MR.Xeno have had some hugealicious problem with him and everyone else trusts him, so whatever, congrats on becoming a mod, seriously this time!

Yea, so about Angus, as you can see, he hasn't even posted in this topic about him yet, now i don't wanna say he's inappropriate, but he's inactive, and i'd rather have efficient moding than have my clan-leader in the modsteam just for show. So would someone kindly listen to all the people who said Kidd should be a mod and make him one already, or do the mods really not care anymore?

killswitch, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

lol not one of the active moderators on the site completes any of the duties applied to there respective positions anyway. all the moderators do around here is rave the fingers at spammers... thats it !!!!

meh, who gives a damn , its not like it effects anyone.

id like to say though that PREDATOR is a great member who has been contributing to this site long before half of those complaining were even here. A great decision though i can understand the irritation at yet another Predator moderator, there a no active alien mods.

Give aguses position to Bloo lol Batman isnt even here and when he was here he wasnt contributing anything to the board

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

First off, all I did was suggest PV2. Angus was someone else's choice. The mods barely talk anymore. I've got news for you: we've been making this "decision" for the past 3 months. When I say "we" I mean Stalk and I, with occasional input from Dave.

And because I don't know where else to say this...

Last night, I quit. It's not because of anyone or anything, it's just that I need to get my lazy ass outside and doing something other than sit around drinking soda and arguing over the internet.

Nasty combo of personal shit, growing up, family issues, etc.

I can't be counted on to do my job, and that really isn't fair to anyone.

I suggested Kidd as a mod to fill in for me, so you've got that going for you.

Well yea, for the past 3 months, i don't know if Angus posted twice. Sorry to hear you quit -.-

This place is soooo going down now. That was... one hell of a bubble burster... Forget everything i said... I don't care who mods this place now...

EDIT: Hmmmm i wonder if bubble bursters come from bubble huggers...

predatoress, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

I have no idea what's going on in here but I'll find out whenever I'm not on stolen connection lol Which is... In 3 months. Just leave me out of the debates of whatever is happening in here (as I've heard I've been mixed with something once again without my presence), can't be bothered to find out now... As I have more important things to do. I just wish mods to do their best on this site 'cos last time I was in here it was going down faster than donkeys tail.