My theory of Aliens on Alien, Aliens, and alien 3 vs the Aliens on Alien rez, AVP, and AVPR

xenotaris, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

We all know the Xenomorphs from the Planetoid Archeron have short human-like jaws( Alien, Aliens, Alien3) with the exception of the Queen of course.
The Aliens on Reserruection have a longer snout and less humanoid like and the face is more flat the round like the previous alien breeds. Which this could be explained that the Alien drones on rez are inbreds, because of the Dna exchange from the Ripley 8 clone and her offspring the queen. What i dont get why did this verson of the aliens were used for AVP and AVPR

shadowatching, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

that is a good question.

predator428, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

When new alien queens are born it is possible that they retain subtle changes in their DnA from their host, just to a lower extent then drones. These are passed on through her eggs to the aliens that are eventualy born from those eggs. Those drones also pick up changes from each individual host. So that could explain the slight change in facial structure of the AvP and AvPR aliens from the earlier ones.

There is also a possibilty that the AvP and AvPR aliens were mutants just like the ones from Ressurection. The accelerated growth hormone injected by the predators could effect how the drones developed. Since half of the AvPR aliens were direct descendants of the altered AvP aliens, this could provide an explanation to the altered looks.

Stalker, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

Simple answer- ADI was too lazy to change their shitty designs, so just re-used the same molds for each film.

superxinyang, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

haha......

The-hunter, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

Year its propoply the design team being lazy. Also differant people have differant idears about how aliens should look. The runner(dog) alien is an example of this as G.Giger did not agree with the idea but it works for me!

shadowatching, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

I like giger's (SP?) drawings alot of xeno morphs. I wonder what his yautja's would of looked like.

Champ, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

or the director just wanted the aliens to look a bit different....ever thought of that possibility?

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

Aw my gawd that was geaneyoeus Champ, never even crossed my mind.

Anyway, if you wanna get into the thrill of the "canon", you can just leave AvP and after out of the discussion when it comes to aliens. But if you wanna think realistically about why the design was the same in AvP and AvP-R as in Rez, yea, it was probably just the shitty lack of attention payed to details because noone at fox cares about anything else but making money.

They really need to bring back the old designs

praetorian14, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

the aliens on avp r are maligan/warrior or maby the strausse bros were trying to recreate the aliens from james cameron but i don't know about the aliens in avp

I wonder if they pay attetion to the aliens from the old movies or do these new directs only seen Alien rez and avp?

So far i classify the two groups as Archeron (the Pre-Alien Rez era) and Auirga (Alien rez to now) Xenomorphs.

I didn't like how small the secondary mouth was small in the AVP queen.

Waralien, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

Hmm, I really never noticed, but yeah, why is her second mouth smaller? Is it due to some flaw in the DNA or something?

Champ, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

well if that were the case then would'nt have they had said it somewhere in the movie?

superxinyang, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

they wouldnt say that kind of thing.
i think it is because of dna,the predators brought the queen to there so they must have changed its dna so it would be more active or something like that.
in alien 4 the humans also want the alien to be a weapon. so they changed the dna .and the alien become like that

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

no, they didn't change their DNA in alien rez to make them a weapon, they just couldn't separate the alien DNA from the human DNA right.

Yeah, the xenomorphs on alien rez were all hybrids or inbreds with ripleys dna in them. So all the drones must be part queen and part ripley.

alienwarrior, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

thus making one ugly xeno

Hate to see the Newborn (adopted Ripley's Baby) get older and really get ugly. Maybe alien rez is were Paul w. Anderson inspired his resident evil movies from.